Pearl Jam - one of the finest live bands ever

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:up: Although this is purely based on one of their live dvds I have seen, and footage of them at the 2006 reading/leeds festival. I haven't seen them live yet!

Chizip said:
varied setlists :up:

True, but the setlist parties at their official site are just as big bitchfests as they are here. :D

I saw them live about a month ago in Antwerp. It was my first time.

And it was great! :drool:

They are frightenly good live :drool:

I've seen them three times so far...easily the best band I've heard in person. I can guarantee that anyone who thinks they know this band from their albums alone would be instantly enlightened.

I saw them for the first time this past summer and was highly impressed! What a great rocking show they put on! :rockon: :love:

Well yeah there are some songs I haven't seen (not counting songs never played), I'd have to research, but one easy one is "Big Wave" since they debuted it on the west coast leg this year.
I have seen "Dirty Frank", in fact had seen its last performance at the Orpheum in April '94 until they busted it out at the Gorge( and subsequently at Marseilles) this year.

But certainly there's some songs I haven't seen.

I've just seen them two times... both Lisbon shows a few weeks ago.

5th September setlist was one of the best of the tour but anyway there are still LOTS of my favourite songs I didn't heard at those shows:

Porch, Release, Go, Rats, Indifference, Last Exit, Spin the Black Circle, Tremor Christ, Nothingman, In My Tree, Off He Goes, Red Mosquito, Present Tense, Brain of J, Faithful, MFC, Low Light, In Hiding, All Those Yesterdays, Breakerfall, Light Years, Grievance, Sleight of Hand, Soon Forget, Love Boat Captain, Greendisease, Marker in the Sand, Unemployable, Gone, Long Road, Man of The Hour, Breath, Down, U, Hard to Imagine, Dirty Frank

:huh: :huh: :huh:

On the other hand I've heard God's Dice, Crazy Mary, Leash, Garden, State of Love and Trust, I Got ID, Sad, Smile, Insignificance... :drool:

They will probably come back to Europe in 2/3 years time and then I'll follow them as long as money allows me... surely I won't be satisfied just with the portuguese shows...

I just returned from my first PJ show in Athens...
I have no words to describe the experience..!!!
Eddie was unbelievable on stage...!!!
This is the setlist...
Go, Animal, Life Wasted, Hail Hail, Corduroy, Severed Hand, World Wide Suicide, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Given To Fly, Marker In The Sand, Sad, Even Flow, Daughter(Another Brick In The Wall), You Are, Wishlist, Insignificance, Jeremy, Better Man
Encore 1 Footsteps, I Am Mine, Inside Job, Black, Rearviewmirror, Porch
Encore 2 Smile, I Believe In Miracles, Alive, Rockin' In The Free World, Yellow Ledbetter(Little Wing)

What can I say for them...My second best band...

phanan said:
I've unfortunately only had the pleasure to see them once, but it was :drool:
Same here. I saw them in 2000 and I'd been waiting to see them since 1995. It was everything I hoped it would be and more.

menelaos said:
I'm starting to believe that their lyrics are a bit better than U2's...
They seem more poetic...
Do you agree..?

If you're talking about U2 in the current decade, then absolutely! Pearl Jam's lyrics are A LOT BETTER I think! But U2 has had several gems in the past like Promenade, Unf. Fire, RTSS, So Cruel, Gone, Please etc.

Imagine a band whose fan gets disappointed at his second concert where he gets "only" 12 different songs.

the shows i've been to...

2000 - Binaural Tour
Jones Beach Ampitheatre, Long Island
Set 1: Sometimes, Grievance, Corduroy, Whipping, Do The Evolution, Animal, Evacuation, Red Mosquito, In Hiding, Even Flow, Mankind, Untitled, MFC, Rearviewmirror, Present Tense, Given To Fly, Thin Air, Off He Goes, Black, Jeremy, Immortality

Encore 1: Go, Insignificance, In My Tree, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Better Man/(Save it for Later), Smile, Baba O'Riley

Encore 2: Yellow Ledbetter

2003 - Riot Act Tour
Nassau Coliseum, Long Island
Set 1: Long Road, Rearviewmirror, Animal, Save You, Get Right, I Am Mine, Corduroy, Present Tense, In Hiding, Even Flow, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Jeremy, You Are, I Am A Patriot, Blood, Not For You, Better Man, Porch

Encore 1: Last Kiss, Thumbing My Way, Crazy Mary, Down, Do The Evolution, Daughter/(W.M.A.), Alive

Encore 2: Bu$hleaguer, Know Your Rights, Rockin' In The Free World

Madison Square Garden, NYC
Set 1 Love Boat Captain, Last Exit, Save You, Green Disease, In My Tree, Cropduster, Even Flow, Gimme Some Truth, I Am Mine, Low Light, Faithfull, Wishlist/(Why Can't I Touch It?), Lukin, Grievance, 1/2 Full, Black, Spin The Black Circle, Rearviewmirror

Encore 1: You Are, Thumbing My Way, Daughter/(With My Own Two Hands f/ Ben Harper), Crown Of Thorns, Breath, Better Man, Do The Evolution

Encore 2: Crazy Mary, Indifference f/ Ben Harper, Sonic Reducer f/ Buzzocks, Baba O'Riley, Yellow Ledbetter

Madison Square Garden, NYC
Set 1: Crazy Mary, Save You, Hail Hail, Whipping, Corduroy, Red Mosquito, Dissident, I Am Mine, Get Right, Given To Fly, Evacuation, Even Flow, I Believe In Miracles, Untitled, MFC, Deep, Present Tense, Nothingman, State Of Love And Trust, Porch

Encore 1: You've Got To Hide Your Love Away, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Glorified G, All Or None, Do The Evolution, Alive

Encore 2: Go, Know Your Rights, Rockin' In The Free World, Yellow Ledbetter

2006 - Pearl Jam Tour
TD Banknorth Garden, Boston f/ Hewson :wink:
Ed Pre-Opener: Porch (acoustic)

Ed Accompanying Support Act It (My Morning Jacket): Makes No Difference

Set 1: Severed Hand, Corduroy, World Wide Suicide, Do The Evolution, Given To Fly, Dissident, Even Flow, Marker In The Sand, Low Light, Insignificance, Army Reserve, Garden, I Got Id, State Of Love And Trust, Comatose, Inside Job, Rearviewmirror

Encore 1: Wasted Reprise, Man Of The Hour, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Parachutes, Black, Alive

Encore 2: Why Go, Life Wasted, Smile, Indifference, Leash, Rockin' In The Free World f/ Theo Epstein, Yellow Ledbetter

Continental Airlines Arena, East Rutheford
Ed Pre-Opener: You've Got To Hide Your Love Away

Ed Accompanying Support Act (MMJ): It Makes No Difference

Set 1: Severed Hand, Corduroy, World Wide Suicide, Do The Evolution, Marker In The Sand, Given To Fly, Dissident, Even Flow, Army Reserve, Immortality, Green Disease, Not For You/(Modern Girl), Alone, Jeremy, Why Go, Life Wasted, Rearviewmirror

Encore 1: Wasted Reprise, Man Of The Hour, Come Back, Footsteps, Once, Alive

Encore 2: Last Exit, Comatose, Leatherman, Glorified G, Leash, Baba O'Riley, Indifference

Almost all the shows you´ve been to are one of my favorite bootlegs. Especially the Jones Beach 2000 show. That´s one of the best setlists ever. I´m a big Vitalogy/No Code fan.

I have been in Verona and Zagreb this year and they are easily the best shows I've ever witnessed.

Back
Top Bottom