Pearl Jam new album news!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djerdap

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Finally, some legit and real news about the new album from the best band of the 90's...
http://www.rollingstone.com/news/st...mainRegion&rnd=1110838243483&has-player=false

Pearl Jam Find Their Edge

Rockers wrapping new album, readying tour

Pearl Jam are almost finished with their follow-up to 2002's Riot Act. The band plans to spend the next three weeks in the studio recording vocals and mixing. If all goes according to plan, the yet-to-be-titled disc could be released as early as May.

"There's a lot more up-tempo stuff," says drummer Matt Cameron. "It's a lot more rockin' than our last one." Song titles like "Severed Hand," "Worldwide Suicide" and "2x4" seem to reflect that harder edge. Though the track listing has not been finalized, other candidates include "Marker" and "Cold Concession."

Cameron, who teamed with guitarist Mike McCready on the track "Unemployable," characterizes the sessions as more collaborative. "We reworked everything together in the studio," he says. "It's a really healthy environment -- everyone really just wants to dig in and make the songs as good as they can be."

Pearl Jam hope to support the new record with a summer tour.

I say, about time. And please, PJ, come to Europe in summer!

Holy shit! I wasn't expecting anything from them until the end of the year at the earliest. There are several bands that I really anticipate albums from but most of them (U2, REM, Coldplay, Radiohead, Dave Matthews, etc) dangle the album in front of your face for a year or two before releasing them. This is just a shock, though May seems to early, more likely June.

Any word on who is releasing it? I didn't think they had a record contract.

djerdap said:
"There's a lot more up-tempo stuff," says drummer Matt Cameron. "It's a lot more rockin' than our last one."

:eyebrow:

I seriously don't know what to make of that.
I just want some good songs.

Back
Top Bottom