Pearl Jam help! (Seeking Mrs.Vedder)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.Clayton

Refugee
I've been listening to a lot of PJ recently and I need some help. Does anyone know which guitarist plays lead on certain songs? Do they switch off as to who is lead guitar? Can someone supply me with who plays lead on some assorted songs?
Does that make sense?(I think I confused myself)
Basically I want to know which guy plays lead on any PJ song.
Thanks,
Mrs.Clayton

if you watch "pearl jam: touring band 2000", you'll notice that mike mccready plays the bulk of the solos.

come to think of it, I don't think stone plays any, except for a small one in "MFC".

Thanks!
I have that DVD, my TV sucks though, so I never watch it(the sound is crap)I guess I should whip it out tonight.
Thanks again.

Mrs.Clayton said:
Thanks!
I have that DVD, my TV sucks though, so I never watch it(the sound is crap)I guess I should whip it out tonight.
Thanks again.
hey Mrs. C....
You can ask me...I'm the Pearl Jam queen around here....call me Mrs. V. the 2nd...LOL....I've been fan since '91....
And Stone has alot more solos than Jofo mentioned....In Hiding...Light Years....Do the Evolution....Save You....oh honey...
Ask me and you shall receive....I do agree...Mike has alot of them...but you MUST not underestimate Stoney Gossard....the man has written many many of PJ's songs....a genius in his own right.:wave: :drool:

mmmBono said:

hey Mrs. C....
You can ask me...I'm the Pearl Jam queen around here....call me Mrs. V. the 2nd...LOL....I've been fan since '91....
And Stone has alot more solos than Jofo mentioned....In Hiding...Light Years....Do the Evolution....Save You....oh honey...
Ask me and you shall receive....I do agree...Mike has alot of them...but you MUST not underestimate Stoney Gossard....the man has written many many of PJ's songs....a genius in his own right.:wave: :drool:

yeah, but I was referring to the video "touring band 2000".

It's so confusing when a band has two guitars...plus I've only seen them once in concert, and I was behind the stage, so I wasn't really paying attention to who was playing the solos...
Both guitar parts are equally awesome and amazing...i'm kicking myself for not trying to go to the 4 concerts they played in seattle last month:mad: (I could have answered my own question)

Thank you all for your help!

It's easier to tell with the live recordings, since Mike is in the left channel and Stone is in the right. Eddie plays guitar on songs like "MFC" and "Rearviewmirror" too; he usually plays a basic riff while the other two go crazy with it.

Eventually, you pick up on their styles; Stone is funkier and Mike thinks he's Hendrix. :)

Mrs.Clayton said:
It's so confusing when a band has two guitars...plus I've only seen them once in concert, and I was behind the stage, so I wasn't really paying attention to who was playing the solos...
Both guitar parts are equally awesome and amazing...i'm kicking myself for not trying to go to the 4 concerts they played in seattle last month:mad: (I could have answered my own question)

Thank you all for your help!
I went to 2 out of the 4 shows...on Dec 8th and 9th...and man oh fookin man....they were awesome...lololol...:drool: :drool:
But hey Mrs.C...if you need any more help give me a holler, k?
And being behind the stage isn't so bad...atleast you get to take in what is-atleast in my mind- one of the world's most beautiful asses....the one and only Mr. Vedder's:hyper: :combust:
Love Autumn....and anything you need to ask, ask it honey!!!
oxoxo

Stone is also responsible for searing solo work on "Brain of J".
McCready certainly does a higher percentage of lead work, but both handle the duties well when its their turn.

Question...which PJ dvd is worth buying? Or is there just one dvd release of their full show? :confused:

I'm not really interested in the Single something Theory (forgot the title :D)...just the live shows.

There is only one concert DVD currently...Pearl Jam Touring Band 2000. Its not one concert, but made up of performances from several shows on the tour, it basically plays like a full concert, but one song will be from NY, then one from Seattle and so on.

As for live audio, there is lots to choose from with the release of all the 2000 shows on double CDs...as for which are best, I would recommend choosing one with a setlist you like since the setlists vary significantly night in and night out with PJ, I have 7 of them and all are good.

mmmBono said:

hey Mrs. C....

Sorry, I'm just now seeing this. I was having some problems posting here as of late this thing would just freeze! Anyway, yes, what Autumn said, Mike does have the most solos... but Stone also has some killer solos! Just ask which songs you want to know and I'm sure Autumn or myself will tell yah! :D

Hewson said:

As for live audio, there is lots to choose from with the release of all the 2000 shows on double CDs...as for which are best, I would recommend choosing one with a setlist you like since the setlists vary significantly night in and night out with PJ, I have 7 of them and all are good.

I have so many of those live boots! :D

My fav are:

*Jones Beach
*Portugal (Eddie messes up so much on the lyrics LOL But it has all the hits.. and it was also the first official show)
*Verona, Italy
*Milan, Italy
*Heerden, Holland
*Seattle (both shows)

Hell I have to many that I love! :D

Mrs. Vedder said:

I have so many of those live boots!

My fav are:

*Jones Beach
*Portugal (Eddie messes up so much on the lyrics LOL But it has all the hits.. and it was also the first official show)
*Verona, Italy
*Milan, Italy
*Heerden, Holland
*Seattle (both shows)

Hell I have to many that I love!
:wave: :macdevil: :combust:
Awesome!!!!!!! Monica!!! You pearljammer you!!!!!!!
That's a pretty good boot collection you got going there!!
I have all 72 of them...LOL...I just couldn't resist!!!!:drool:
All the ones Mon listed here are damn good...though most would agree the second night in Seattle was better....for some odd reason the audience on night 1 were very cold to Pearl Jam...
The Dublin Ireland show fookin rocks too....Eddie jumped off a scaffolding or something during that show in Dublin....so the crowd were pumped and thus Eddie was pumped!
Paris is a pretty damn great show too....and so is Nurnburg....damn...I could on and on....
And for whoever was asking about live dvd stuff...yep...Touring Band 2000 is the only thing for now....but you just may want to try Single Video Theory anyway....cuz it's live studio stuff...it's basically the making of the album Yield...you may want to check that one out....I think it's kick ass...and it gives you some insight on how PJ works. And well...then there's Eddie....I mean C'MON!:drool:
I know this isn't Pleba...but I'm having a Pleba moment right now..LOL...

Attachments

• smile2.jpg
    smile2.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 23
Mrs. Vedder said:

I have so many of those live boots! :D

My fav are:

*Jones Beach
*Verona, Italy
*Milan, Italy
*Heerden, Holland
*Seattle (both shows)

Hell I have to many that I love! :D

Which Jones Beach? There were three of 'em... The 25th is my favorite, but I was there that night, so I'm a tad biased.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

Which Jones Beach? There were three of 'em... The 25th is my favorite, but I was there that night, so I'm a tad biased.
Good question!! LOL...I was going to ask Monica the same thing!
I know alot of peeps who went to the Jones beach shows...and not one person came back disappointed.:wave:

Back
Top Bottom