Pearl Jam Greatest Hits.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrBrau1

ONE love, blood, life
From NME. They pull a U2 and remix three tracks for the set.

PEARL JAM have confirmed details of their greatest hits compilation ’REARVIEWMIRROR’.

Released on November 15, the 2CD album spans the band’s entire career, with three songs, 'Once', 'Alive' and 'Black' remixed for this collection by longtime collaborator Brendan O'Brien.

The tracklisting runs:

’Once’
’Alive’
’Even Flow’
’Jeremy’
’State of Love and Trust’
’Animal’
’Go’
’Dissident’
’Rearviewmirror’
’Spin the Black Circle’
’Corduroy’
’Not for You’
’I Got ID’
’Hail Hail’
’Do the Evolution’
’Save You’

CD2

’Black’
’Breath’
’Daughter’
’Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town’
’Immortality’
’Betterman’
’Nothingman’
’Who You Are’
’Off He Goes’
’Given to Fly’
’Wishlist’
’Last Kiss’
’Nothing As It Seems’
’Light Years’
’I Am Mine’
’Man of the Hour’
’Yellow Ledbetter’

Man, why would you remix those songs?

I think I actually may have to buy this.

On a side related note, Mrs. Vedder?!!! Blast from the BBD past!

Remixing "Black" sounds like sacrilege to me. But then again, I'm not really a Pearl Jam fan. I'd be interested in hearing y'all's impressions once it comes out.

that I want to know more about this compilation.

I could have started a new thread, of course, but that would be silly when we've got this one.

U2Man said:
I could have started a new thread, of course, but that would be silly when we've got this one.

That's true.

There is this weird double standard that exists here.

a. Don't bump old threads and confuse people.

b. Don't create new threads for topics that have been discussed before. Search for old ones and post in them.

:huh:

LemonMacPhisto said:
Where are the songs from the new album???

:huh:

on the new album... this is a thread about rearviewmirror, which was out well before the new album.

why it's been bumped, i do not know.

it's a greatest hits collection... it is what it is, no new songs, filled a contract obligation, nothing to see here, move along

Headache in a Suitcase said:
it's a greatest hits collection... it is what it is, no new songs, filled a contract obligation, nothing to see here, move along

Well, the compilation does have some rarities (apart from the alternate mixes). Like Man Of The Hour (where is this one from?), I Got ID (only available else on the Merkingball single) and Yellow Ledbetter (this full version is only available otherwise on the Jeremy single, the one on Lost Dogs omits the last note which does take away from its beauty).

As a start into Pearl Jam, it's a very good introduction.
:up:

Headache in a Suitcase said:

on the new album... this is a thread about rearviewmirror, which was out well before the new album.

why it's been bumped, i do not know.

oh, I misread the date, sorry.

Popmartijn said:

Well, the compilation does have some rarities (apart from the alternate mixes). Like Man Of The Hour (where is this one from?), I Got ID (only available else on the Merkingball single) and Yellow Ledbetter (this full version is only available otherwise on the Jeremy single, the one on Lost Dogs omits the last note which does take away from its beauty).

As a start into Pearl Jam, it's a very good introduction.
:up:

Thanks PopMarty, this was the kind of response I was looking for. I think I'm gonna buy this to get into Pearl Jam. I only know their most famous songs :shrug:

U2Man said:
Thanks PopMarty, this was the kind of response I was looking for. I think I'm gonna buy this to get into Pearl Jam. I only know their most famous songs :shrug:

You still haven't gotten into Pearl Jam??? :shocked:

I thought we were practically the same person when it came to music tastes, judging by your comment in my journal!

:sad:

Popmartijn said:
Like Man Of The Hour (where is this one from?)

"Man Of The Hour"! :drool:

I have the version that's on the acoustic double-cd they released . . . can't think of the name of it right now . . . bright orange cover . . . live at bennaroyal hall? or something like that?

Anyway, I bought that acoustic album just for "Man Of The Hour" and it was money so well spent! That song is GORGEOUS live and acoustic.

If possible, I cried even harder when it came on playing over the end credits for "Big Fish". I say, "f possible," because I was already weeping pretty hard just from that movie itself. Damn those Father-Son films . . . they get me every time!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom