Pearl Jam Announces 10 East Coast Dates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You beauty! Thanks for the heads up. I've been trying on CL for weeks now, but at this stage you either have assholes selling their 200s/100s for upwards of $250 a pop, or shitty seats going for like a hundred. But I'll check the skyiscrape out right now...thanks man.

I should get Lost Dogs one of these days. It's only been on my wish list forever! :shifty:

I'll (still) see what I can do about that. :wink:

So glad you had an awesome time! I'll have to brief you, and provide liner notes for tracks I include. I'll bring you up to speed on the obscure stuff. And if we ever meet, look out! I'll drive you nuts with PJ tidbits. I've never been a big fan of Unemployable, but the rest of the setlist seemed decent. I'd love to here Love Reign O'er Me live. :drool:

they seem to get tighter as a live act with every tour, which is hard to believe, honestly. it's been the same rotation now for a quite a while, with matt and boom holding up the back for mike, jeff, stone and ed... after a long stretch where they were changing drummers every 2 years.

also i think eddie in particular is a lot more comfortable with who he is and who they are now then he's ever been. so he's got that going for him, which is nice.

I completely agree. :up: They are very much 'in the zone,' or whatever you want to call it. It's incredible to think about how prolific and active they've been over the past few years--not just with the 2006 release and subsequent tour, but going back a year earlier, with the Canadian tour...including two amazing shows in my small city. Add to that Eddie's Into the Wild soundtrack work/tour, his documentary stint with Phil Donahue, plus various fundraising appearances, and you get a band and lead singer that are truly plugging away.

There were five more of these videos in a series, called
"Iconoclasts," but I can just find one on youtube. Anyway, Eddie is also a painter! YouTube - Iconoclasts 2007 Eddie Vedder painting

YouTube - Pearl Jam - Release - 6/25/08 - Madison Square Garden

Set 1: Release, World Wide Suicide, Severed Hand, Corduroy, All Night, Cropduster, Garden, Marker In The Sand, I'm Open, Wishlist, State Of Love And Trust, Even Flow, Who You Are, Rats, Given To Fly, Do The Evolution, Go
Encore 1: Inside Job, W.M.A., Lukin, I Believe In Miracles (w/ C.J. Ramone), Better Man(Save it for Later), Rearviewmirror
Encore 2: No More, Last Kiss, Why Go, Black Diamond (w/ Ace Frehley & Matt on vocals), Alive, Yellow Ledbetter

ok another great night... but one thing i do need to comment on is the whole garden stage shaking thing that eddie famously referenced on the live at the garden dvd and now proceeds to mention every time they play the garden.

now i've been on the floor of the garden a few times now... 3 times for u2 shows and i stormed the floor with the crowd after st. john's won the NIT a few years back. last night was the first time i was on the floor at the garden for pearl jam. i had also been on the floor in boston for pearl jam and this never happened there... when eddie says that the floor is jumping, holy f'ing shit, he really means the floor is jumping. that floor was literally, no exaturation at all, jumping up and down... to the point where i actually had to catch my balance one time. now obviously this probably has something to do with the fact that the garden floor is on the 5th level. but it was really f'ing cool. the only time i've ever felt an arena/stadium literally shake like that before was the upper deck of game 7 of the NLCS after endy chavez's catch.

about the only disapointment i had from last night was that he played no more again... i was hoping for either gauranteed or society, but eh... 59 songs in two nights and only 11 songs were played both nights. if you're gonna bitch about that, you've got issues. plus the two songs i wanted to hear the most last night... release and garden... were both played.

awsome :rockon: :hi5:

What kind of seats did you have?

with my crappy number tuesday night i had section 94, first section off the floor opposite the stage.

the guy i went with last night had a number in the low 100,xxx's and we still weren't in the first section of the floor.. section 6, 5 rows back from the middle divider.

your 10c number must be, like, 10.

with my crappy number tuesday night i had section 94, first section off the floor opposite the stage.

the guy i went with last night had a number in the low 100,xxx's and we still weren't in the first section of the floor.. section 6, 5 rows back from the middle divider.

your 10c number must be, like, 10.

Mine is 70,xxx...from what I've seen on the seat tracker, I'd have been around 5th or 6th row at MSG this week had I gone. With a short tour, there were more than normal travellers, and MSG was a hot destination, so everybody gets pushed back a bit.

now i've been on the floor of the garden a few times now... 3 times for u2 shows and i stormed the floor with the crowd after st. john's won the NIT a few years back. last night was the first time i was on the floor at the garden for pearl jam. i had also been on the floor in boston for pearl jam and this never happened there... when eddie says that the floor is jumping, holy f'ing shit, he really means the floor is jumping. that floor was literally, no exaturation at all, jumping up and down... to the point where i actually had to catch my balance one time. now obviously this probably has something to do with the fact that the garden floor is on the 5th level. but it was really f'ing cool. the only time i've ever felt an arena/stadium literally shake like that before was the upper deck of game 7 of the NLCS after endy chavez's catch.

Awesome. :hi5:

I think I like Wednesday's setlist even more! I mean freaking I'm Open?? Inside Job?? :drool::drool:

...although no Small Town or Love Reign O'er Me... so I dunno. :shifty:

woah nice set. i love release right now.
shit i wish i was there...but theyre working a new album so ill just have to wait for that tour

plus the scalpers are fucking ridiculous for what they want.

:combust:

Dude, what do you use to take your videos?

Btw, did anyone else feel it would have been cool if they had shown the band on the screen suspended from the ceiling? I could hardly make out any of the band members' faces from all the way across the arena! :grumpy:

Awesome video. :drool:

Unfortunately, Zoots, PJ are very low-tech when it comes to stage/lighting setups. It's all about the music. :nerd: :wink:

But I wanted to see Eddie's handsome.. I mean.. I wanted to see his facial expression when he was talking and stuff.. yeah :shifty:

:wink:

But I wanted to see Eddie's handsome.. I mean.. I wanted to see his facial expression when he was talking and stuff.. yeah :shifty:

Haha! He is looking good these days (said the very straight male poster). :wink: I'm pretty sure that this is a mural of Eddie, here in my hometown:
img2005bn9.jpg

I noticed it yesterday on my hike. What looks to be a long goatee on the left image is just a strip of concrete missing. It's right in the middle of a construction site by the harbour...a little sign of how massive PJ are here, at least in my circle of friends.

Next time we hook up for a show, I'll utilize my Ten Club closeness-to-the-stage powers to full effect. We can throw our thongs on stage. :love:

I don't think that's Eddie...certainly not Mike or Stone playing guitar next to him, and "death" doesn't exactly fit the PJ mold.

I think "death" may have been addded later. :wink:

It does remind me of Eddie & long-haired Stone, circa 1992. Actually, the more I look at it, the more I'm convinced I'm completely wrong. :lol:

Yeah, I would have liked a screen too. I was spoiled by being close to the stage in Hawaii and I really appreciated his . . . facial expressions and all that intellectual stuff like Zoots said :shifty:

I got the digital download of the Tampa show yesterday. I wish all bands did things like that.

Yeah, I would have liked a screen too. I was spoiled by being close to the stage in Hawaii and I really appreciated his . . . facial expressions and all that intellectual stuff like Zoots said :shifty:

I got the digital download of the Tampa show yesterday. I wish all bands did things like that.

:lol: ahh yes eddie :drool: :drool:

No kidding. I remember how freaking cool that was, downloading my show off the comp and right onto my iPod. :drool:

I won't bitch about how U2 or Springsteen don't do it here, I'll save that for when the tour forum reopens. :wink:

Here's the PJ section of my complete and lengthy Bonnaroo report now on our mainpage.

Pearl Jamming
I hate to admit it, but I don’t know if I will ever forgive Maynard and Sting for the respectively too short headlining Tool and Police sets at the 2007 Bonnaroo. This annual lost weekend begs bands to do something special—whether it’s cover songs and spontaneous collaborations or sets longer than what everyone else got to hear on the tour, especially if you are a headliner or late night performer.
This is no minor, nitpicky detail. This year, fans spent an original asking price of around $250 on tickets and how much more on gas, food, and libations—it’s hard to imagine. Just getting to the ‘roo has become a big deal during the economic downturn—this being the first of these festivals I attended that wasn’t a complete sell-out and where scalpers couldn’t pay more than $175 in the Manchester Wal-Mart parking lot. For better or worse, we adore our rockstars and plan the entire year around what shows we might be privileged enough to catch. But the good news is that Eddie Vedder and company get it. Pearl Jam gets it and got it good on June 14th.
At Bonnaroo, I see a lot of shows solo or with one or two friends. For Pearl Jam, we managed to organize about a dozen of us who’d spent much of our weekend working in Planet Roo to take in the show together. Holding hands and forming a chain, we found our way to the rectangle of ground behind the formidable sound-boards. Although our view of the stage is obscured in this area, the sound is always great, and we have plenty of room to dance with abandon—which is exactly what we did.
While Tool and Police had been allotted three-hour spots and played for less than two, Pearl Jam inverted that formula much to our pleasure. They were supposed to play for two hours and played for three. The solid set included so many great songs—“Corduroy,” “WMA,” “Life Wasted,” and “Even Flow” among them.
While some ‘roo fans prefer the “shut up and sing” response to political soapboxing, we knew that Eddie Vedder would try to rally the people to work for peace and justice, and his proselytizing was so heart-felt that I hung on every word. I’d never heard his “No More War” song written for Iraq war veterans, and it could not have hit me harder. While he never mentioned Obama by name, Vedder made it crystal clear what he wanted folks to do in November. Music can’t change the world, but all of us together can—or something like that—went the sentiment.
The Who cover of “Love Reign O’er Me” was excellent, and cheesy or not, the closing version of “All Along the Watchtower” kicked it—and hard. Sure, I am sad that I missed the Coup because of this, but there was no way that I was leaving this show early.

Hartford 6/27/08:
Set List: Can't Keep, Breakerfall, Last Exit, God's Dice, All Night, Small Town, Sad, Brain Of J, Big Wave, In Hiding, Not For You/Modern Girl (Sleater-Kinney), Daughter/Another Brick In The Wall part 2 (Waters), Why Go, Jeremy, Gone, Immortality, Porch

Encore 1: Garden, Better Man, Even Flow, Comatose, Leash, Blood/Atomic Dog(Clinton, Shider, Spradley)

Encore 2: Smile, Do The Evolution, Alive, Fuckin' Up (Young), Yellow Ledbetter/Little Wing (Hendrix)
The bastard stepchild of New York and Boston that normally gets a "run of the mill" type show gets the best setlist of the tour (hopefully only until Monday).

Wow what a great show. Glad I was there.

Mansfield 1 6/28/08:
Ed Preset: Throw Your Arms Around Me (Archer, Falconer, Howard, Miles, Seymour, Smith, Waters)
-----------------

Set List: Hard To Imagine, Why Go, Hail Hail, Comatose, Low Light, Small Town, Corduroy, Faithfull, Off He Goes, Given To Fly, Down, I'm Open, I Got Shit, Even Flow, Do The Evolution, Once, Rearviewmirror

Encore 1: Love Reign O'er Me (Townshend), Come Back, Insignificance, Black, Better Man/Save It For Later (Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling)

Encore 2: No More, State Of Love And Trust, Alive
Nice way to spend my Saturday night

Back
Top Bottom