Pearl Jam Announces 10 East Coast Dates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kip, come over to NYC tomorrow and we'll hang out before and after the show! :hi5: :wink:

I would wear a thong to be able to do that. :sad: We'll do it someday soon, Zoots! They're working on a new album, so another tour is ahead. You're so fortunate to see them now...they're on top of their game from all accounts.

Have a blast! :rockon:

Thanks, man! :rockon: They're at their peak now, you think? I thought they were fucking phenomenal in 2006 when I saw them last! :drool:

Thanks, man! :rockon: They're at their peak now, you think? I thought they were fucking phenomenal in 2006 when I saw them last! :drool:

They are gaining strength...:drool:

It was so interesting to read the reviews of the non-PJ fans at Bonnaroo last week...it was pretty clear that the three-hour performance impressed more than a few.

they seem to get tighter as a live act with every tour, which is hard to believe, honestly. it's been the same rotation now for a quite a while, with matt and boom holding up the back for mike, jeff, stone and ed... after a long stretch where they were changing drummers every 2 years.

also i think eddie in particular is a lot more comfortable with who he is and who they are now then he's ever been. so he's got that going for him, which is nice.

Pictures! Reviews! Thongs! :rockon:

Pictures! Reviews!

pjrb8.jpg

A review from the Washington show, which appeared to be brilliant...or nearly so:

"...All Along the Watchtower: The house lights went on, which usually signals the last song. And it's not "Yellow Ledbetter," but instead a hard-charging version of the Dylan classic. Perfect! Some young kid from what seems like Darnestown gets to come up on stage and play guitar with the band. It's cute, if a bit distracting."

:lol:

I need to get to bed rightaway but just wanted to say... FUCK YEAH, THEY ROCKED!!! The song selection was a little iffy overall I thought but whatever was good was really really good, phenomenal playing by the guitar players! Extended jam after extended jam! :faint: Favorite moment: Whole arena singing along to every syllable of Small Town. At some point Eddie stopped singing cos there was no need. :drool: More later.

ETA: Oh and so much more energy in the crowd here compared to REM! Unfuckingbelievable audience participation!

Zoots, glad you had a good time. Not much beats a PJ concert.

Looks like you guys got a badass set. I've seen the Pearl Jammers 5 times and have never seen Hard To Imagine, All Night, Faithfull, Present Tense, Love Reign O'er Me, or W.M.A.....all of which you got last night. Present Tense I'm especially jealous of. What a great song, and it looks like a killer song live from videos I've seen.

Also...

they seem to get tighter as a live act with every tour, which is hard to believe, honestly. it's been the same rotation now for a quite a while, with matt and boom holding up the back for mike, jeff, stone and ed... after a long stretch where they were changing drummers every 2 years.

also i think eddie in particular is a lot more comfortable with who he is and who they are now then he's ever been. so he's got that going for him, which is nice.

Every word of this post is true. Eddie, and the band as a whole, just seem happier and more comfortable with every passing year. We are blessed that they're still ALIVE and kickin'.

I need to get to bed rightaway but just wanted to say... FUCK YEAH, THEY ROCKED!!! The song selection was a little iffy overall I thought but whatever was good was really really good, phenomenal playing by the guitar players! Extended jam after extended jam! :faint: Favorite moment: Whole arena singing along to every syllable of Small Town. At some point Eddie stopped singing cos there was no need. :drool: More later.

ETA: Oh and so much more energy in the crowd here compared to REM! Unfuckingbelievable audience participation!

Song selection "iffy"??? What I would do to get that setlist...

Set 1 Hard To Imagine, Save You, Why Go, All Night, Corduroy, Faithfull, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Down, Unemployable, Given To Fly, Who You Are, Whipping, 1/2 Full, Even Flow, Present Tense, Daughter, Do The Evolution
Encore 1 Love Reign O'er Me, W.M.A., Leash, Spin The Black Circle, Wasted Reprise, Porch
Encore 2 No More, Crazy Mary, Comatose, I Believe In Miracles, Alive
Encore 3 All Along The Watchtower, Indifference

there's nothing iffy about that setlist... can't wait for tonight to see how they top it. i have to shower and go to work... i'll be back.

:rockon:

Set 1 Hard To Imagine, Save You, Why Go, All Night, Corduroy, Faithfull, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Down, Unemployable, Given To Fly, Who You Are, Whipping, 1/2 Full, Even Flow, Present Tense, Daughter, Do The Evolution
Encore 1 Love Reign O'er Me, W.M.A., Leash, Spin The Black Circle, Wasted Reprise, Porch
Encore 2 No More, Crazy Mary, Comatose, I Believe In Miracles, Alive
Encore 3 All Along The Watchtower, Indifference

there's nothing iffy about that setlist... can't wait for tonight to see how they top it. i have to shower and go to work... i'll be back.

:rockon:

:combust:

Okay let me explain my one negative comment. This was only the 2nd time I saw them live and I'm still not that familiar with non-album songs like Hard to Imagine, All Night, Down, No More, Crazy Mary etc. Sure, Hard to Imagine and No More were especially great but still not that familiar with the others. Yes I do have a performance of Crazy Mary in my itunes which I'll probably listen to again tonight. Okay, that probably sounds more like my problem but anyway it is only one reason. Second reason: Certain songs like Unemployable just aren't that great live. :shrug: Good song on the album but other than the O-oh-oh-oh in the chorus, it didn't really get too many people singing along. And they don't change it much live. 1/2 Full? That was an odd choice. I thought Who You Are was a slightly strange choice until the "clapping hands" started and of course that guitar bit at the end is awesome! Whipping rocks the shit out of the house but it's really hard to sing along to the verses. But anyway, I did enjoy most of it... Save You, Why Go, Corduroy, Faithfull, Small Town, Given To Fly, Even Flow, Present Tense, Daughter, Love Reign O'er Me, Leash, Spin The Black Circle, Alive etc. And All Along The Watchtower and especially Indifference were welcome surprise endings for me!

YouTube - Pearl Jam - Madison Square Garden - Love, Reign O'er Me

so i was only able to get 10 club tickets for one show 'cause of work related issues... i.e. i couldn't be at my computer when the 2nd show went on sale 2 hours later.

so i browsed the message boards looking for other 10c members in the same boat... found one who was flying in from seattle with a high number but who didn't neccesarily want to swap with me at first because i have a relatively low number... he couldn't find anyone else so we agreed to do the swap. ironicly enough, his name is also shannon. small world.

anyhoo... so my tickets with the worse 10c number were last night. ended up in the 90's, the first section off the floor, at the far end away from the stage. the initial disapointment from not being closer and/or not winning the lottery didn't last long. heck, i'm in the building, and the seats could be a hell of a lot worse if i wasn't a 10c member. and plus tonight's seats should be much better.

what a blistering set... they got right to work and just rocked out right from the start. honestly there were no slow down moments the entire set. even the "slow" songs they played were sing-a-long types or ones that had big endings like crazy mary. and then, ironicly enough, after a set filled with uptempo songs, they close it out perfectly with indifference.

ed spent a large portion of the show trying to get the garden crowd to make the stage bounce up and down (see the Live at the Garden DVD)... probably the reason for the rocking set to start the two show stand. they really seem to enjoy playing the garden (yet never seem to play "garden" at the garden :scratch: maybe tonight).

i was thinking release would open last night but they went with hard to imagine again... no complaints, probably my favorite song off of Lost Dogs so i'm never disapointed to hear it. they've still yet to open with release on this short tour... maybe tonight, maybe they're saving it for boston. i'm very interested to see how they go with the setlist tonight... they played so many fast songs last night they really have so many different ways to go tonight. can't wait, wish i coulda slept on the garden floor.

:hmm: they should open tonight with garden. that would rock.

Okay let me explain my one negative comment. This was only the 2nd time I saw them live and I'm still not that familiar with non-album songs like Hard to Imagine, All Night, Down, No More, Crazy Mary etc. Sure, Hard to Imagine and No More were especially great but still not that familiar with the others. Yes I do have a performance of Crazy Mary in my itunes which I'll probably listen to again tonight. Okay, that probably sounds more like my problem but anyway it is only one reason. Second reason: Certain songs like Unemployable just aren't that great live. :shrug: Good song on the album but other than the O-oh-oh-oh in the chorus, it didn't really get too many people singing along. And they don't change it much live. 1/2 Full? That was an odd choice. I thought Who You Are was a slightly strange choice until the "clapping hands" started and of course that guitar bit at the end is awesome! Whipping rocks the shit out of the house but it's really hard to sing along to the verses. But anyway, I did enjoy most of it... Save You, Why Go, Corduroy, Faithfull, Small Town, Given To Fly, Even Flow, Present Tense, Daughter, Love Reign O'er Me, Leash, Spin The Black Circle, Alive etc. And All Along The Watchtower and especially Indifference were welcome surprise endings for me!

considering how much they shuffle their sets and how they'll play anything they've ever done at any time, i don't think there are ever any "odd choices" with pearl jam. now if they played hey foxymophandlemama, that's me... that would be an odd choice.

All Night rocks! That and Who You Are were rewards to the die-hard fans who really wanted them to play these two tracks. Down is a fan favorite as well. Get more familiar with the non-album tracks. You won't regret it. Hardly any band has a better b-side/non-album catalogue than Pearl Jam.

I should get Lost Dogs one of these days. It's only been on my wish list forever! :shifty:

You should be punished severely for not having it. Hard To Imagine, Sad, Undone, Fatal, Hold On, Alone, Footsteps, Wash, All Night... all amazing songs. There was a review who stated: "Pearl Jam's Rest of is better than most of other bands' Best ofs". Couldn't agree more.

Goddman you fuckers, Zootlesque/Headache, I've been trying to get tickets to these shows for AGES and no luck yet :sad: :sad:

Headache is a Ten fan club member. I'm not. All I did was look on ticketmaster the day the tickets went on sale to the general public. You need to be there at that exact minute the sale opens. And you need to have a broadband connection. Or else it's pretty much impossible to get a seat even up in the 400s! Riddikulus I know!

Back
Top Bottom