Pearl Jam Announces 10 East Coast Dates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is a great bump ramblin rose! :up:

We need a Pearl Jam thread floatin' around these parts.

Even though I won't be attending any of the shows on this tour, I still get a strange and sick thrill out of waking up every morning and going to pearljam.com to check out the setlist that Eddie's crazy ass came up with the night before.

These guys are just a flat-out amazing live band. Maybe the best.

By request from fans who are increasingly accessing their music via their mobile phones, Pearl Jam will debut mobile bootlegs as part of the 2008 US Tour. Each stop of the tour, Pearl Jam will provide three (3) stand-out tracks per concert mixed in real-time and released via Verizon Wireless' V CAST Music service or PEARLJAM SUMMER 2008 TOUR - Verizon. Following each show, Verizon Wireless will offer fans one (1) full-length track as a free mobile bootlegs download with two (2) additional tracks available for purchase. All three tracks will also be available for purchase as ringtones and ringback tones.

All of Pearl Jam's bootlegs recordings will be professionally mixed in real-time at each show to create the mobile bootlegs. Pearl Jam's recording engineer will mix the recordings on the Verizon Mobile Recording Studio Bus.

:hi5: F'ing awesome.

I still get a strange and sick thrill out of waking up every morning and going to pearljam.com to check out the setlist that Eddie's crazy ass came up with the night before.

And the first setlist:

June 11, 2008 Cruzan Amphitheatre, W. Palm Beach, FL, U.S.A.

Support: Kings of Leon

Main Set: Oceans, Severed Hand, Save You, God's Dice, Given To Fly, Faithfull, Unemployable, Sad, Dissident, Who You Are, Even Flow, Low Light, Gone, Grievance, Glorified G, Do The Evolution, Why Go

Encore 1: Inside Job, Better Man, Comatose, Rearviewmirror

Encore 2: It Rains On Me snippet (Waits/Weiss), No More, Alive, Yellow Ledbetter (with Star Spangled Banner)

First Who You Are after 10 years, it will be interesting to see what Matt has done with it. Hoping for No Way and All Those Yesterdays on this tour!

The best live band today, period.

ten - 4
vs - 3
vitalgoy - 1
no code - 1
yield - 4
binaurl - 2
riot act - 1
pearl jam - 5
lost dogs - 2
covers - 1
eddie solo - 1

:hmm: a little surprising to see so many songs off the last record... not that i dislike the last record, i like it quite a bit. but, alas, just the first show... will be interesting to see if it continues like that.

i was planning on avoiding setlists for the 12 days between the first show and the MSG shows to avoid any spoilers such as finding out that they're breaking out who you are again.

that lasted, eh, approximately 12 hours after the end of the first show before i gave and peeked.

I don't really think it's possible to be spoiled for a Pearl Jam show.

They switch up the sets so frequently, ya know?

Anyway, yeah, that's awesome that you're goin to both MSG shows. Those will definitely be two good nights.

yea i know... but, like, take who you are. if i didn't cheat and look and they played it at one of the MSG shows, i'd be super pumped. now i'll still be pumped, but it won't be a complete shock.

when i went to the 2nd boston show on their last tour ( :hi5: hewson) i had a feeling they were going to play Leash for the first time in god only knows how long. if i hadn't cheated and saw that they had soundchecked it the night before, that would have sent me through the roof. it was still F'ing awesome, but, ya know... not 100% surprising.

ahh whatever. the tour is so short and ya know they're gonna try to break out the big stuff for MSG.

:drool:

Wow, you were at the Boston show when they dropped the Leash?!?

That had to have been fucking insane.

I'm just hoping they swing around towards the midwest sometime soon. I'm sure it won't be too long before they make it out my way. Also, it sounds like a new album might be in the cards for '09...

totally jealous:drool:

i was seriously thinking of trying to get to Florida for the show there...but:sad::sad:...

have they added any more shows?

Just got back from the Tampa show :hyper: Had an awesome time!

Not a complete setlist, but what I can remember right now (not in order either :reject: ) : Black, Even Flow, Daughter, Better Man, Life Wasted, Do the Evolution, You've Got to Hide Your Love Away, Alive, Corduroy, Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town, Yellow Ledbetter w/Star Spangled Banner, Given to Fly

Not a complete setlist, but what I can remember right now (not in order either :reject: ) : Black, Even Flow, Daughter, Better Man, Life Wasted, Do the Evolution, You've Got to Hide Your Love Away, Alive, Corduroy, Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town, Yellow Ledbetter w/Star Spangled Banner, Given to Fly

Nice! :applaud:

Corduroy :drool:

Any pics? :hyper:

Wow, you were at the Boston show when they dropped the Leash?!?

That had to have been fucking insane.

2nd row to boot.

2574787179_b36f55eec0.jpg

:hi5:

here ya go

June 12, 2008 St. Pete Times Forum, Tampa, FL, U.S.A.

Support: Kings of Leon

Main Set: Sometimes, Corduroy, Why Go, Severed Hand, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Marker In The Sand, Light Years, Down, Wishlist, Given To Fly, Daughter (Blitzkrieg Bop tag), Even Flow, Present Tense, Insignificance, Better Man, Do The Evolution

Encore 1: Nothingman, Black, Life Wasted, Porch

Encore 2: You've Got To Hide Your Love Away (Ed solo), Alive, Yellow Ledbetter (with Star Spangled Banner)

Yeah, those sets are a wee bit short for PJ I agree...but they're still great.

They will start expanding that second encore soon, I bet.

Back
Top Bottom