Pearl Jam Announces 10 East Coast Dates - Page 14 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-26-2008, 09:12 PM   #196
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootlesque View Post

Dude, what do you use to take your videos?

Btw, did anyone else feel it would have been cool if they had shown the band on the screen suspended from the ceiling? I could hardly make out any of the band members' faces from all the way across the arena!
Awesome video.

Unfortunately, Zoots, PJ are very low-tech when it comes to stage/lighting setups. It's all about the music.

Old 06-26-2008, 09:41 PM   #197
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:30 PM
But I wanted to see Eddie's handsome.. I mean.. I wanted to see his facial expression when he was talking and stuff.. yeah

Old 06-26-2008, 10:09 PM   #198
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:30 AM
just a digital camera.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:10 PM   #199
Blue Crack Supplier

Cool! Great quality!
Old 06-26-2008, 10:15 PM   #200
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
But I wanted to see Eddie's handsome.. I mean.. I wanted to see his facial expression when he was talking and stuff.. yeah

Haha! He is looking good these days (said the very straight male poster). I'm pretty sure that this is a mural of Eddie, here in my hometown:

I noticed it yesterday on my hike. What looks to be a long goatee on the left image is just a strip of concrete missing. It's right in the middle of a construction site by the harbour...a little sign of how massive PJ are here, at least in my circle of friends.

Next time we hook up for a show, I'll utilize my Ten Club closeness-to-the-stage powers to full effect. We can throw our thongs on stage.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:45 AM   #201
Blue Crack Addict

I don't think that's Eddie...certainly not Mike or Stone playing guitar next to him, and "death" doesn't exactly fit the PJ mold.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:54 AM   #202
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
I don't think that's Eddie...certainly not Mike or Stone playing guitar next to him, and "death" doesn't exactly fit the PJ mold.
I think "death" may have been addded later.

It does remind me of Eddie & long-haired Stone, circa 1992. Actually, the more I look at it, the more I'm convinced I'm completely wrong.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:14 AM   #203
Blue Crack Supplier

It really does look like a goatee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelordevil View Post
Next time we hook up for a show, I'll utilize my Ten Club closeness-to-the-stage powers to full effect. We can throw our thongs on stage.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:04 PM   #204
Blue Crack Distributor

i think that's the beatles.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:59 PM   #205
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 07:30 AM
Quote:

Yeah, I would have liked a screen too. I was spoiled by being close to the stage in Hawaii and I really appreciated his . . . facial expressions and all that intellectual stuff like Zoots said

I got the digital download of the Tampa show yesterday. I wish all bands did things like that.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:13 PM   #206
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyahern View Post
Yeah, I would have liked a screen too. I was spoiled by being close to the stage in Hawaii and I really appreciated his . . . facial expressions and all that intellectual stuff like Zoots said

I got the digital download of the Tampa show yesterday. I wish all bands did things like that.
ahh yes eddie
Old 06-28-2008, 10:09 AM   #207
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyahern View Post

No kidding. I remember how freaking cool that was, downloading my show off the comp and right onto my iPod.

I won't bitch about how U2 or Springsteen don't do it here, I'll save that for when the tour forum reopens.
Old 06-28-2008, 03:09 PM   #208
Anu
Editor

Location: There ain't no place I'd rather be, baby won't you carry me back to Tennessee
Local Time: 11:30 AM
Here's the PJ section of my complete and lengthy Bonnaroo report now on our mainpage.

Pearl Jamming
I hate to admit it, but I don’t know if I will ever forgive Maynard and Sting for the respectively too short headlining Tool and Police sets at the 2007 Bonnaroo. This annual lost weekend begs bands to do something special—whether it’s cover songs and spontaneous collaborations or sets longer than what everyone else got to hear on the tour, especially if you are a headliner or late night performer.
This is no minor, nitpicky detail. This year, fans spent an original asking price of around $250 on tickets and how much more on gas, food, and libations—it’s hard to imagine. Just getting to the ‘roo has become a big deal during the economic downturn—this being the first of these festivals I attended that wasn’t a complete sell-out and where scalpers couldn’t pay more than $175 in the Manchester Wal-Mart parking lot. For better or worse, we adore our rockstars and plan the entire year around what shows we might be privileged enough to catch. But the good news is that Eddie Vedder and company get it. Pearl Jam gets it and got it good on June 14th.
At Bonnaroo, I see a lot of shows solo or with one or two friends. For Pearl Jam, we managed to organize about a dozen of us who’d spent much of our weekend working in Planet Roo to take in the show together. Holding hands and forming a chain, we found our way to the rectangle of ground behind the formidable sound-boards. Although our view of the stage is obscured in this area, the sound is always great, and we have plenty of room to dance with abandon—which is exactly what we did.
While Tool and Police had been allotted three-hour spots and played for less than two, Pearl Jam inverted that formula much to our pleasure. They were supposed to play for two hours and played for three. The solid set included so many great songs—“Corduroy,” “WMA,” “Life Wasted,” and “Even Flow” among them.
While some ‘roo fans prefer the “shut up and sing” response to political soapboxing, we knew that Eddie Vedder would try to rally the people to work for peace and justice, and his proselytizing was so heart-felt that I hung on every word. I’d never heard his “No More War” song written for Iraq war veterans, and it could not have hit me harder. While he never mentioned Obama by name, Vedder made it crystal clear what he wanted folks to do in November. Music can’t change the world, but all of us together can—or something like that—went the sentiment.
The Who cover of “Love Reign O’er Me” was excellent, and cheesy or not, the closing version of “All Along the Watchtower” kicked it—and hard. Sure, I am sad that I missed the Coup because of this, but there was no way that I was leaving this show early.
Old 06-29-2008, 09:52 AM   #209
Blue Crack Addict

Hartford 6/27/08:
Quote:
Set List: Can't Keep, Breakerfall, Last Exit, God's Dice, All Night, Small Town, Sad, Brain Of J, Big Wave, In Hiding, Not For You/Modern Girl (Sleater-Kinney), Daughter/Another Brick In The Wall part 2 (Waters), Why Go, Jeremy, Gone, Immortality, Porch

Encore 1: Garden, Better Man, Even Flow, Comatose, Leash, Blood/Atomic Dog(Clinton, Shider, Spradley)

Encore 2: Smile, Do The Evolution, Alive, Fuckin' Up (Young), Yellow Ledbetter/Little Wing (Hendrix)
The bastard stepchild of New York and Boston that normally gets a "run of the mill" type show gets the best setlist of the tour (hopefully only until Monday).

Wow what a great show. Glad I was there.
Old 06-29-2008, 09:53 AM   #210
Blue Crack Addict

Mansfield 1 6/28/08:
Quote:
Ed Preset: Throw Your Arms Around Me (Archer, Falconer, Howard, Miles, Seymour, Smith, Waters)
-----------------

Set List: Hard To Imagine, Why Go, Hail Hail, Comatose, Low Light, Small Town, Corduroy, Faithfull, Off He Goes, Given To Fly, Down, I'm Open, I Got Shit, Even Flow, Do The Evolution, Once, Rearviewmirror

Encore 1: Love Reign O'er Me (Townshend), Come Back, Insignificance, Black, Better Man/Save It For Later (Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling)

Encore 2: No More, State Of Love And Trust, Alive
Nice way to spend my Saturday night

Tags
pearl jam