Pearl Jam Announces 10 East Coast Dates - Page 13 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-25-2008, 01:01 PM   #181
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:33 PM
check out Pearl Jam - The Sky I Scrape News, and even craigs list... you should be able to get a decently priced ticket there. sky i scrape will probably get ya one for face value if you're lucky

Old 06-25-2008, 02:17 PM   #182
Acrobat

Local Time: 09:33 PM
You beauty! Thanks for the heads up. I've been trying on CL for weeks now, but at this stage you either have assholes selling their 200s/100s for upwards of $250 a pop, or shitty seats going for like a hundred. But I'll check the skyiscrape out right now...thanks man.

Old 06-25-2008, 02:50 PM   #183
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom View Post
you either have assholes selling their 200s/100s for upwards of $250 a pop, or shitty seats going for like a hundred.
Yup that's the story of my life for all the concerts I have missed! Fucking scalpers rot and die!!!
Old 06-25-2008, 10:24 PM   #184
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootlesque View Post
I should get Lost Dogs one of these days. It's only been on my wish list forever!
I'll (still) see what I can do about that.

So glad you had an awesome time! I'll have to brief you, and provide liner notes for tracks I include. I'll bring you up to speed on the obscure stuff. And if we ever meet, look out! I'll drive you nuts with PJ tidbits. I've never been a big fan of Unemployable, but the rest of the setlist seemed decent. I'd love to here Love Reign O'er Me live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
they seem to get tighter as a live act with every tour, which is hard to believe, honestly. it's been the same rotation now for a quite a while, with matt and boom holding up the back for mike, jeff, stone and ed... after a long stretch where they were changing drummers every 2 years.

also i think eddie in particular is a lot more comfortable with who he is and who they are now then he's ever been. so he's got that going for him, which is nice.
I completely agree. They are very much 'in the zone,' or whatever you want to call it. It's incredible to think about how prolific and active they've been over the past few years--not just with the 2006 release and subsequent tour, but going back a year earlier, with the Canadian tour...including two amazing shows in my small city. Add to that Eddie's Into the Wild soundtrack work/tour, his documentary stint with Phil Donahue, plus various fundraising appearances, and you get a band and lead singer that are truly plugging away.

There were five more of these videos in a series, called
"Iconoclasts," but I can just find one on youtube. Anyway, Eddie is also a painter! YouTube - Iconoclasts 2007 Eddie Vedder painting
Old 06-26-2008, 08:11 AM   #185
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by phanan View Post
I hate you all.
You got any plans for Saturday?
Old 06-26-2008, 08:35 AM   #186
Blue Crack Distributor

YouTube - Pearl Jam - Release - 6/25/08 - Madison Square Garden

Set 1: Release, World Wide Suicide, Severed Hand, Corduroy, All Night, Cropduster, Garden, Marker In The Sand, I'm Open, Wishlist, State Of Love And Trust, Even Flow, Who You Are, Rats, Given To Fly, Do The Evolution, Go
Encore 1: Inside Job, W.M.A., Lukin, I Believe In Miracles (w/ C.J. Ramone), Better Man(Save it for Later), Rearviewmirror
Encore 2: No More, Last Kiss, Why Go, Black Diamond (w/ Ace Frehley & Matt on vocals), Alive, Yellow Ledbetter

ok another great night... but one thing i do need to comment on is the whole garden stage shaking thing that eddie famously referenced on the live at the garden dvd and now proceeds to mention every time they play the garden.

now i've been on the floor of the garden a few times now... 3 times for u2 shows and i stormed the floor with the crowd after st. john's won the NIT a few years back. last night was the first time i was on the floor at the garden for pearl jam. i had also been on the floor in boston for pearl jam and this never happened there... when eddie says that the floor is jumping, holy f'ing shit, he really means the floor is jumping. that floor was literally, no exaturation at all, jumping up and down... to the point where i actually had to catch my balance one time. now obviously this probably has something to do with the fact that the garden floor is on the 5th level. but it was really f'ing cool. the only time i've ever felt an arena/stadium literally shake like that before was the upper deck of game 7 of the NLCS after endy chavez's catch.

about the only disapointment i had from last night was that he played no more again... i was hoping for either gauranteed or society, but eh... 59 songs in two nights and only 11 songs were played both nights. if you're gonna bitch about that, you've got issues. plus the two songs i wanted to hear the most last night... release and garden... were both played.

awsome
Old 06-26-2008, 08:38 AM   #187
Blue Crack Addict

What kind of seats did you have?
Old 06-26-2008, 08:46 AM   #188
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
What kind of seats did you have?
with my crappy number tuesday night i had section 94, first section off the floor opposite the stage.

the guy i went with last night had a number in the low 100,xxx's and we still weren't in the first section of the floor.. section 6, 5 rows back from the middle divider.

your 10c number must be, like, 10.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:56 AM   #189
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
with my crappy number tuesday night i had section 94, first section off the floor opposite the stage.

the guy i went with last night had a number in the low 100,xxx's and we still weren't in the first section of the floor.. section 6, 5 rows back from the middle divider.

your 10c number must be, like, 10.
Mine is 70,xxx...from what I've seen on the seat tracker, I'd have been around 5th or 6th row at MSG this week had I gone. With a short tour, there were more than normal travellers, and MSG was a hot destination, so everybody gets pushed back a bit.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:05 AM   #190
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:

now i've been on the floor of the garden a few times now... 3 times for u2 shows and i stormed the floor with the crowd after st. john's won the NIT a few years back. last night was the first time i was on the floor at the garden for pearl jam. i had also been on the floor in boston for pearl jam and this never happened there... when eddie says that the floor is jumping, holy f'ing shit, he really means the floor is jumping. that floor was literally, no exaturation at all, jumping up and down... to the point where i actually had to catch my balance one time. now obviously this probably has something to do with the fact that the garden floor is on the 5th level. but it was really f'ing cool. the only time i've ever felt an arena/stadium literally shake like that before was the upper deck of game 7 of the NLCS after endy chavez's catch.
Awesome.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:11 AM   #191
Blue Crack Supplier

I think I like Wednesday's setlist even more! I mean freaking I'm Open?? Inside Job??

...although no Small Town or Love Reign O'er Me... so I dunno.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:27 PM   #192
ONE
love, blood, life

woah nice set. i love release right now.
shit i wish i was there...but theyre working a new album so ill just have to wait for that tour

plus the scalpers are fucking ridiculous for what they want.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:08 PM   #193
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
You got any plans for Saturday?
Oh man. I won't be around, which sucks because I know how awesome your seats usually are.

Fuck.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:18 PM   #194
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by phanan View Post
Oh man. I won't be around, which sucks because I know how awesome your seats usually are.

Fuck.
Sorry to hear...next time.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:11 PM   #195
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Dude, what do you use to take your videos?

Btw, did anyone else feel it would have been cool if they had shown the band on the screen suspended from the ceiling? I could hardly make out any of the band members' faces from all the way across the arena!

Tags
pearl jam