Pearl Jam Announces 10 East Coast Dates - Page 12 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-25-2008, 04:15 AM   #166
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootlesque View Post
I need to get to bed rightaway but just wanted to say... FUCK YEAH, THEY ROCKED!!! The song selection was a little iffy overall I thought but whatever was good was really really good, phenomenal playing by the guitar players! Extended jam after extended jam! Favorite moment: Whole arena singing along to every syllable of Small Town. At some point Eddie stopped singing cos there was no need. More later.

ETA: Oh and so much more energy in the crowd here compared to REM! Unfuckingbelievable audience participation!
Song selection "iffy"??? What I would do to get that setlist...

Old 06-25-2008, 07:32 AM   #167
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:09 PM
Set 1 Hard To Imagine, Save You, Why Go, All Night, Corduroy, Faithfull, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Down, Unemployable, Given To Fly, Who You Are, Whipping, 1/2 Full, Even Flow, Present Tense, Daughter, Do The Evolution
Encore 1 Love Reign O'er Me, W.M.A., Leash, Spin The Black Circle, Wasted Reprise, Porch
Encore 2 No More, Crazy Mary, Comatose, I Believe In Miracles, Alive
Encore 3 All Along The Watchtower, Indifference

there's nothing iffy about that setlist... can't wait for tonight to see how they top it. i have to shower and go to work... i'll be back.

Old 06-25-2008, 07:38 AM   #168
Blue Crack Addict

I hate you all.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:50 AM   #169
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Set 1 Hard To Imagine, Save You, Why Go, All Night, Corduroy, Faithfull, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Down, Unemployable, Given To Fly, Who You Are, Whipping, 1/2 Full, Even Flow, Present Tense, Daughter, Do The Evolution
Encore 1 Love Reign O'er Me, W.M.A., Leash, Spin The Black Circle, Wasted Reprise, Porch
Encore 2 No More, Crazy Mary, Comatose, I Believe In Miracles, Alive
Encore 3 All Along The Watchtower, Indifference

there's nothing iffy about that setlist... can't wait for tonight to see how they top it. i have to shower and go to work... i'll be back.

Old 06-25-2008, 09:02 AM   #170
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:09 AM
Okay let me explain my one negative comment. This was only the 2nd time I saw them live and I'm still not that familiar with non-album songs like Hard to Imagine, All Night, Down, No More, Crazy Mary etc. Sure, Hard to Imagine and No More were especially great but still not that familiar with the others. Yes I do have a performance of Crazy Mary in my itunes which I'll probably listen to again tonight. Okay, that probably sounds more like my problem but anyway it is only one reason. Second reason: Certain songs like Unemployable just aren't that great live. Good song on the album but other than the O-oh-oh-oh in the chorus, it didn't really get too many people singing along. And they don't change it much live. 1/2 Full? That was an odd choice. I thought Who You Are was a slightly strange choice until the "clapping hands" started and of course that guitar bit at the end is awesome! Whipping rocks the shit out of the house but it's really hard to sing along to the verses. But anyway, I did enjoy most of it... Save You, Why Go, Corduroy, Faithfull, Small Town, Given To Fly, Even Flow, Present Tense, Daughter, Love Reign O'er Me, Leash, Spin The Black Circle, Alive etc. And All Along The Watchtower and especially Indifference were welcome surprise endings for me!
Old 06-25-2008, 09:18 AM   #171
Blue Crack Distributor

YouTube - Pearl Jam - Madison Square Garden - Love, Reign O'er Me

so i was only able to get 10 club tickets for one show 'cause of work related issues... i.e. i couldn't be at my computer when the 2nd show went on sale 2 hours later.

so i browsed the message boards looking for other 10c members in the same boat... found one who was flying in from seattle with a high number but who didn't neccesarily want to swap with me at first because i have a relatively low number... he couldn't find anyone else so we agreed to do the swap. ironicly enough, his name is also shannon. small world.

anyhoo... so my tickets with the worse 10c number were last night. ended up in the 90's, the first section off the floor, at the far end away from the stage. the initial disapointment from not being closer and/or not winning the lottery didn't last long. heck, i'm in the building, and the seats could be a hell of a lot worse if i wasn't a 10c member. and plus tonight's seats should be much better.

what a blistering set... they got right to work and just rocked out right from the start. honestly there were no slow down moments the entire set. even the "slow" songs they played were sing-a-long types or ones that had big endings like crazy mary. and then, ironicly enough, after a set filled with uptempo songs, they close it out perfectly with indifference.

ed spent a large portion of the show trying to get the garden crowd to make the stage bounce up and down (see the Live at the Garden DVD)... probably the reason for the rocking set to start the two show stand. they really seem to enjoy playing the garden (yet never seem to play "garden" at the garden maybe tonight).

i was thinking release would open last night but they went with hard to imagine again... no complaints, probably my favorite song off of Lost Dogs so i'm never disapointed to hear it. they've still yet to open with release on this short tour... maybe tonight, maybe they're saving it for boston. i'm very interested to see how they go with the setlist tonight... they played so many fast songs last night they really have so many different ways to go tonight. can't wait, wish i coulda slept on the garden floor.

they should open tonight with garden. that would rock.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:29 AM   #172
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phanan View Post
I hate you all.

my sentiments exactly...
Old 06-25-2008, 09:29 AM   #173
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Old 06-25-2008, 09:32 AM   #174
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Okay let me explain my one negative comment. This was only the 2nd time I saw them live and I'm still not that familiar with non-album songs like Hard to Imagine, All Night, Down, No More, Crazy Mary etc. Sure, Hard to Imagine and No More were especially great but still not that familiar with the others. Yes I do have a performance of Crazy Mary in my itunes which I'll probably listen to again tonight. Okay, that probably sounds more like my problem but anyway it is only one reason. Second reason: Certain songs like Unemployable just aren't that great live. Good song on the album but other than the O-oh-oh-oh in the chorus, it didn't really get too many people singing along. And they don't change it much live. 1/2 Full? That was an odd choice. I thought Who You Are was a slightly strange choice until the "clapping hands" started and of course that guitar bit at the end is awesome! Whipping rocks the shit out of the house but it's really hard to sing along to the verses. But anyway, I did enjoy most of it... Save You, Why Go, Corduroy, Faithfull, Small Town, Given To Fly, Even Flow, Present Tense, Daughter, Love Reign O'er Me, Leash, Spin The Black Circle, Alive etc. And All Along The Watchtower and especially Indifference were welcome surprise endings for me!
considering how much they shuffle their sets and how they'll play anything they've ever done at any time, i don't think there are ever any "odd choices" with pearl jam. now if they played hey foxymophandlemama, that's me... that would be an odd choice.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:16 AM   #175
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
All Night rocks! That and Who You Are were rewards to the die-hard fans who really wanted them to play these two tracks. Down is a fan favorite as well. Get more familiar with the non-album tracks. You won't regret it. Hardly any band has a better b-side/non-album catalogue than Pearl Jam.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:21 AM   #176
Blue Crack Supplier

I should get Lost Dogs one of these days. It's only been on my wish list forever!
Old 06-25-2008, 11:31 AM   #177
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
I should get Lost Dogs one of these days. It's only been on my wish list forever!
You should be punished severely for not having it. Hard To Imagine, Sad, Undone, Fatal, Hold On, Alone, Footsteps, Wash, All Night... all amazing songs. There was a review who stated: "Pearl Jam's Rest of is better than most of other bands' Best ofs". Couldn't agree more.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:35 AM   #178
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by djerdap View Post
You should be punished severely for not having it.
Oh geez! I'm not made of money! I'll get to it! But seriously, I think I already have Wash and Alone. And I have the Singles OST which has Breath.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:01 PM   #179
Acrobat

Goddman you fuckers, Zootlesque/Headache, I've been trying to get tickets to these shows for AGES and no luck yet
Old 06-25-2008, 12:13 PM   #180
Blue Crack Supplier

Headache is a Ten fan club member. I'm not. All I did was look on ticketmaster the day the tickets went on sale to the general public. You need to be there at that exact minute the sale opens. And you need to have a broadband connection. Or else it's pretty much impossible to get a seat even up in the 400s! Riddikulus I know!

Tags
pearl jam