Pearl Jam & U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Correction...
4 shows in Italy.
2 in Verona and 2 in Rome....I believe the dates were July 2nd and 3rd...and then July 6th and 7th in 1993.
:wink:
I want these 2 fookin bands to tour together. Like NOW.
:faint:

mmmbono, did you look that up or did you just happen to know it?

my guess is you probably knew that off the top of your head

:)

I knew it off the top of my head :up:
Would you expect any less?
I am your resident PJ & U2 nut. :wink:
I have these boots.....the recording is not that great...but I wish there was a way I could upload their cover of MLK...or somehow attach it to this post. :der:

I think the MLK covers were Daughter tags...just a few lines over the outro of Daughter.

I freakin' love Daughter tags, they're so unexpected.

Last edited:
yertle-the-turtle said:
I think the MLK covers were Daughter tags...just a few lines over the outro of Daughter.

I freakin' love Daughter tags, they're so unexpected.

:lol: I also quoted you the last time I wrote down the info that's coming next. :D
A while ago there was another thread here on BandC about PJ where this same song was discussed.
Look in this thread on the final pages (page 6 if you have the setting of 50 posts per page):
http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71207

Here's my post from that thread:
Continuing the U2-PJ connection, above snippet was played while supporting U2 on the Zooropa Tour.
Here's the report from Five Horizons (and from their other U2 support dates):

07/02/93 - Stadio Bentegodi: Verona, Italy [45m]
supporting: U2
set: Even Flow, Animal, Go, Rearviewmirror, Elderly Woman, Why Go, Jeremy, Black, Alive, Porch
notes: PJ is not received well at the shows opening for U2. The crowd is not into PJ and just wants U2.

07/03/93 - Stadio Bentegodi: Verona, Italy [45m]
set: Why Go, Jeremy, Even Flow, Glorified G, Daughter, Alive, Go, (Sympathy for the Devil)/Porch, Rockin' in the Free World
notes: Ed, wearing a shirt saying "Paul" (Bono's given name), again tries to enchant the audience, sporting a devil mask and a green fly mask. After duct taping the waist and both legs of his baggy shorts on, he then throws himself into the audience from the long arms of the "Zoo TV tour" stage arms twice.

07/06/93 - Stadio Flaminio: Rome, Italy [46m]
attendance: 80,000
set: Why Go, Jeremy, Even Flow, Glorified G, Daughter, Animal, Alive, Dissident, Blood, Porch/(Tearing)
notes: This crowd is clearly here for U2. Ed plugs the organizations (Greenpeace and Amnesty International) represented at this stadium concert by asking people to sign their names at their booths. The intro riff to U2's 'I Will Follow' is played before 'Daughter.'

07/07/93 - Stadio Flaminio: Rome, Italy [57m]
set: Even Flow, improv, Go, Once, Rearviewmirror, Why Go, Jeremy, Glorified G, Daughter/(MLK), Alive, Black, Blood, Porch/(Tearing)
notes: The crowd seems a bit more into PJ than the previous show. At one point, Ed asks, "You all OK? I saw you all working it out up here in the front, which is good. The love music comes later on in the evening." U2's 'MLK' is covered briefly as a 'Daughter' rambling. At the show's conclusion, Ed dons Bono's fly mask saying, "the fly says goodbye" and exits.

C ya!

Marty

Who? Me? :shifty:

Lemme look for a sec...

Yes, I think so (But I'm not sure as I don't rip CD's myself)!

Why? :confused:

C ya!

Marty

Oh, now I understand! But I'm sorry to disappoint you, I don't have any recordings of this. :|

I'm only a messenger, don't shoot me!

C ya!

Marty

according to pjvault.com

MLK
|U2|w/i Daughter (short)
done on 07/07/93 and 07/08/98

I haven't seen any recordings for the earlier show but I believe one does exist for the '98 show.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
don't you have a program where you can save a cd to an mp3? please please please please
What kind of a program?
If you know which one...then maybe we can get the wheels in motion. :wink: Trust me...I would love to share...that's what I'm all about :cute:
And thanks to yertle...I need that '98 show in the worst of ways. :evil:

such a programme is called a 'ripper'...they're easily available at places like download.com .

there used to be an amazing site called presenttense.net which had loads of live pearl jam but i haven't been able to connect. i have no idea if it's down or just full...you can try.

Popmartijn said:

:lol: I also quoted you the last time I wrote down the info that's coming next. :D
A while ago there was another thread here on BandC about PJ where this same song was discussed.
Look in this thread on the final pages (page 6 if you have the setting of 50 posts per page):
http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71207

Here's my post from that thread:
Continuing the U2-PJ connection, above snippet was played while supporting U2 on the Zooropa Tour.
Here's the report from Five Horizons (and from their other U2 support dates):

07/02/93 - Stadio Bentegodi: Verona, Italy [45m]
set: Even Flow, Animal, Go, Rearviewmirror, Elderly Woman, Why Go, Jeremy, Black, Alive, Porch
notes: PJ is not received well at the shows opening for U2. The crowd is not into PJ and just wants U2.

07/03/93 - Stadio Bentegodi: Verona, Italy [45m]
set: Why Go, Jeremy, Even Flow, Glorified G, Daughter, Alive, Go, (Sympathy for the Devil)/Porch, Rockin' in the Free World
notes: Ed, wearing a shirt saying "Paul" (Bono's given name), again tries to enchant the audience, sporting a devil mask and a green fly mask. After duct taping the waist and both legs of his baggy shorts on, he then throws himself into the audience from the long arms of the "Zoo TV tour" stage arms twice.

07/06/93 - Stadio Flaminio: Rome, Italy [46m]
set: Why Go, Jeremy, Even Flow, Glorified G, Daughter, Animal, Alive, Dissident, Blood, Porch/(Tearing)
notes: This crowd is clearly here for U2. Ed plugs the organizations (Greenpeace and Amnesty International) represented at this stadium concert by asking people to sign their names at their booths. The intro riff to U2's 'I Will Follow' is played before 'Daughter.'

07/07/93 - Stadio Flaminio: Rome, Italy [57m]
set: Even Flow, improv, Go, Once, Rearviewmirror, Why Go, Jeremy, Glorified G, Daughter/(MLK), Alive, Black, Blood, Porch/(Tearing)
notes: The crowd seems a bit more into PJ than the previous show. At one point, Ed asks, "You all OK? I saw you all working it out up here in the front, which is good. The love music comes later on in the evening." U2's 'MLK' is covered briefly as a 'Daughter' rambling. At the show's conclusion, Ed dons Bono's fly mask saying, "the fly says goodbye" and exits.

C ya!

Marty

Rough crowd :(

yertle-the-turtle said:
such a programme is called a 'ripper'...they're easily available at places like download.com .

there used to be an amazing site called presenttense.net which had loads of live pearl jam but i haven't been able to connect. i have no idea if it's down or just full...you can try.
I can't connect either :mad:
I'm hoping that it's just down. :hyper:
Thanks for your help, yertle on the art of ripping. :kiss:

did you manage to rip it? what wasn't working, trying to attatch the file t your post?

yah. i was trying to attach it to the freakin post. it's 5.12 mb so it's obviously too big.
I was bored....if you give me your email addy..I'll send it to you...I just sent it to Headache.:)

Back
Top Bottom