Pearl Jam & Tom Petty and the Hearbreakers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fah

Blue Crack Addict
- are both touring this summer

- are playing some shows together

:hyper: :hyper:

The following is part of an email I received this morning:

For example we can confirm that Pearl Jam will be on two Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers shows in St Paul at the Excel Arena on June 26 and 27 and also two shows in Denver at the Pepsi Center on July 2 and 3.

Oh, to live in Denver or St Paul

martha said:
That might be fun. I'm not a huge PJ fan, but I'd go see them play with Tom Petty.
Spppooookkkkky... it's like she's IN my head!!! :ohmy:

:D :up:

I saw Petty a couple of years ago when the opener was The Brian Setzer Orchestra... groovy kind of show, that one was. :yes:

Wish I lived in either of those places. I thought they would do more than four dates. Oh well.

The only Pearl Jam show I've seen was 9/26/96 way the hell up in Augusta, Maine. It was a memorable show, not only because it was an incredible performance, but for the fact that Dennis Rodman was there and during "Alive" he came out onstage and put Ed up on his shoulders...

I'm actually a little bummed about this, because I live in Denver and I really wanted to see Pearl Jam on this tour. Since they are co-headlining with Tom Petty, that means the tickets are more expensive and both bands will almost surely have shorter setlists. Both bands cannot play a 2 hour-plus setlist like they normally would.

I like Tom Petty, and I'm sure he puts on a good show, but I'm bummed to get a shorter Pearl Jam show.

I've never seen Pearl Jam live. Nor Tom Petty.
And I really would like to see them.
But...

NO DATES YET IN EUROPE! :angry:

The new songs are awesome...

Worldwide suicide, Unemployable, Severed Hand, Gone, Life Wasted, Parachutes, Comatose, I like them all!

omg I can't wait for the album release and for the european tour :drool: :drool: I said it a hundred times but who cares...

I like Pearl Jam well enough. I have always loved Tom Petty though.

I'm going to have to check for Canadian dates.

*crosses fingers*

Popmartijn said:
I've never seen Pearl Jam live. Nor Tom Petty.
And I really would like to see them.
But...

NO DATES YET IN EUROPE! :angry:

Rumored European Pearl Jam dates: (Not with Petty)

>2006-08-18 Hasselt-Kiewit Belgium Pukkelpop festival
>2006-08-19 Biddinghuizen Netherlands Lowlands festival
>2006-08-22 Dublin Ireland The Point
>2006-08-24 Glasgow Scotland S.E.C.C.
>2006-08-25 Leeds England Leeds festival
>2006-08-27 Reading England Reading festival
>2006-08-28 London England Wembley Arena
>2006-08-29 London England Wembley Arena
>2006-09-02 Vitoria-Gasteiz Spain Azkena Festival
>2006-09-04 Barcelona Spain Palau Sant Jordi
>2006-09-05 Madrid Spain Palacio Vistalegro
>2006-09-07 Lisbon Portugal Atlantico Arena
>2006-09-09 Marseille France Dôme
>2006-09-11 Paris France Bercy
>2006-09-13 Zurich Switzerland Hallenstadion
>2006-09-14 Milan Italy Forum di Assago
>2006-09-16 Verona Italy Arena
>2006-09-17 Vienna Austria Stadthalle
>2006-09-18 Ljubljana Slovenia Hala Tivoli
>2006-09-20 Athens Greece Lycabetus Theatre
>2006-09-22 Katowice Poland Spodek
>2006-09-23 Prague Czech Republic Sazka Arena
>2006-09-25 Berlin Germany Velodrom
>2006-09-26 Hamburg Germany Sporthalle
>2006-09-28 Stockholm Sweden Globe
>2006-09-30 Oslo Norway Spektrum
>2006-10-01 Copenhagen Denmark Forum
>2006-10-03 Antwerp Belgium Sportpaleis
>2006-10-04 Amsterdam Netherlands Heineken Music Hall

phanan said:
The only Pearl Jam show I've seen was 9/26/96 way the hell up in Augusta, Maine. It was a memorable show, not only because it was an incredible performance, but for the fact that Dennis Rodman was there and during "Alive" he came out onstage and put Ed up on his shoulders...
I passed on that show and used my fan club option that tour (back then you could only buy for one show) for Randall's Island NY (what a dump Downing Stadium is, and trafic snarls that make Foxboro look like a breeze) cause it was a Saturday, so I missed Rodman, but got John Popper playing Harmonica during "Evenflow" instead.

Chizip said:
amazingly, ive never seen PJ live

i need to go to this
I've seen the 14 times, will hit shows 15-17 next month.
Its the only band that I'd have a dilemma about who to see if they and U2 were both playing shows on the same night.

Very different from U2, no stage show whatsoever, just about music and energy. (And widely varying setlists)

~unforgettableFOXfire~ said:
I like Pearl Jam well enough. I have always loved Tom Petty though.

I'm going to have to check for Canadian dates.

*crosses fingers*

i wish tom petty would play dates in canada but he hasn't in quite a few years. he basically plays in the US and that's it. but i'm crossing my fingers for this one too.

i dont' really care for pearl jam and didn't bother getting tickets to see them play the ACC but i wouldn't mind seeing them with tom. :D

Since Pearl Jam already has two LA shows in July is it even possible that they'd do another with Tom Petty here or even add him to the bill even though tickets are already on sale? :slant:

I'd love to go to the PJ show but I'd love even more to see them both :drool:

Hewson said:

Rumored European Pearl Jam dates: (Not with Petty)

>2006-08-18 Hasselt-Kiewit Belgium Pukkelpop festival
>2006-08-19 Biddinghuizen Netherlands Lowlands festival

Hmm... Pukkelpop (near Maastricht) and/or Lowlands (never been there either)... :hmm:

>2006-10-03 Antwerp Belgium Sportpaleis
>2006-10-04 Amsterdam Netherlands Heineken Music Hall

And these look very good too. Hopefully there won't be a curse of ending the tour in the Netherlands. Venue looks good too. Now I only need to get tickets for it...

:)

Hewson said:
I've seen the 14 times, will hit shows 15-17 next month.
Its the only band that I'd have a dilemma about who to see if they and U2 were both playing shows on the same night.

Very different from U2, no stage show whatsoever, just about music and energy. (And widely varying setlists)

Well, the U2 shows in the Arena's over the past few years have been about primarily music and energy. There has not been much stage drama since the 1990s.

Pearl Jam are a great band. In my view the second best live band out there next to U2 as well as one of only a very few artist I'd be willing to see multiple times on the same tour.

Back
Top Bottom