Pearl Jam

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
lot of stuff goin' on for everyone's favorite boys from seattle...

--Tommorow... Lost Dogs, the long awaited double-CD rareities album... as well as Live @ The Garden, a DVD from PJ's performance at Madison Square Garden in NYC... are released.

--Ed wrote a song for the new Tim Burton movie "Big Fish." The soundtrack will be available in december, and the song, "Man of the Hour," should be available for download on www.pearljam.com within the next week or so.

--check out this set list from a show they did in santa barbara a 2 weeks ago...
Acoustic setlist: I Believe In Miracles, Nothing As It Seems, Immortality, Fatal, Thumbing My Way, Small Town, Man of the Hour, Nothingman, Crazy Mary, Last Kiss, 25 Minutes to Go (w/ Lyle Workman)
Electric setlist: Love Boat Captain, Black, In My Tree (w/ Jack Irons), Hail Hail (w/ Jack Irons), Save You
encore 1: Soon Forget (Ed on uke, Jack Johnson on guitar), Better Man/(I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend[w/ Jack Johnson]), Can't Change Me (Chris Cornell Solo), Like a Stone (Chris Cornell Solo), Hunger Strike (w/ Chris Cornell), Reach Down (w/ Chris Cornell)
encore 2: Daytime Dilemna (w/ John Frusciante), I Believe in Miracles (w/ John Frusciante)
encore 3: So You Wanna Be A Rock N Roll Star (w/ EVERYONE)

--and of course we should be having a christmas single comming out shortly...

Man of the Hour single will be for sale through the Ten Club only...seems like they're testing a new music distribution possibility as they are currently label-less.

Headache in a Suitcase,

Is that concert going to be released for purchase through the website?

I adore Pearl Jam. It?s in my top 5 of favourite bands. Lost Dogs is written in my Christmas list... but fuck I think I have to decide between this and REM?s In Time.

I?ve never heard the new single... how is it?

But more importantly, CHRIS MOTHER-FUCKING COR-MOTHER-FUC-MOTHER-FUCKING-KING-NELL. It seems unlikely that this show will be released officially, but I love surprises.

Anyway, Lost Dogs is some seriously good shit. I don't care for the re-recorded previously released material (the reworked "Alone" lacks the bite of the original, for instance), but the previously unreleased stuff is incredible. I can't wait to hear the guys throw these songs into their live rotation.

Haven't watched the DVD yet.

Last edited:
aaand a double-dvd for 13.99... gotta love PJ

even though i already had an advanced copy burned for me, i went out and bought Lost Dogs yesterday anyways... 11.99 for a double cd, ya can't beat that... plus (note RIAA) I buy the CDs for good artists who make good music... hint hint RIAA... hint hint...

if you have a real one player, and you go to their music section, you can get a stream of Man of the Hour... i did so and used nero to burn it to an mp3... tried posting a link to said mp3 but didn't quite work... :shrug: what'cha gonna do... i'm still workin' on it

i keep listening to man of the hour over and over... i likes it a lot

i'm quite excited over the prospect of a pearl jam minus a record label... they finally get to do what they want to do, without worrying about pressure from a label to come out with ten part 2. i think their studio albums weren't as good as they could've been on purpose... there's still some great songs on those albums, but they really didn't show their true colors until they were played live. now that they're without a label, i'm expecting their best work to date.

hey Headache :sexywink:
how's mr.hotlips doin'? :drool: :tongue: :drool:
i know! so much PJ!! wooohoooo! :hyper:
i preordered the Lost Dogs/MSG package!!
and the Man of the Hour cd single...oooh i can't wait...it has Eddie's demo of that song on the bside...cannot wait to hear it! Great song!
and i heard that the movie is supposed to pretty awesome itself!
and my god...that Santa Barbara show!!
:faint:
i have the mp3's of it...and needless to say...it was out of this world.
to whoever asked about if PJ are going to release that show...one could only hope!
from the ppl that i know who went to this show (lucky bastards) they noticed alot of cameras and shit...so who knows!
we may just be that lucky ;)
trust me...the releasing of Santa Barbara on dvd idea has been pitched on the PJ board.
it's a win win situation. make a Santa Barbara dvd. have all the proceeds go to charity for the Prostate center that the show was for.
just the fact that they had Jack Irons play on In My Tree was enough to make me plutz. Noone plays In My Tree like the mighty Jack Irons. :drool:

DiGi said:
I pre-ordered Lost Dogs and the DVD from http://www.pearljamstore.com for $24 over the weekend. Pretty solid deal in my mind

how are you feeling, DiGi? I hope you've recovered nicely :)

Yep...that's a great place to get both the dvd and Lost Dogs cd.
I've preordered 2 already...and think I'll be buying a few more LOL as xmas gifts.
and as stated before...the cd single for Man of the Hour can be purchased at www.pearljam.com under "Goods" for only 5 bucks. :up:
the only bitch about preordering is that i always have to wait for the stuff because i'm in canada...so everything takes longer. :yell:
and for some reason...the MSG dvd is not out in canada...i think the release has been postponed until the 18th here.
But Lost Dogs is in stores in Canada. It took all the strength NOT to buy it yesterday when I saw it. Damn pre-ordering! :yell:

just picked up the "lost dogs" disc yesterday. it is really really good. some great rarities i'd never heard before etc... i've been spinning it non-stop. :dance:

typhoon said:
But more importantly, CHRIS MOTHER-FUCKING COR-MOTHER-FUC-MOTHER-FUCKING-KING-NELL.

i don't want to get you anymore hyped up or anything... but like a stone was done acousticly... and it sounds fucking amazing... didn't wanna get you hyped up though :shifty: :evil:

i could send ya the mp3 if ya drop me a PM with your e-mail...

and mmmbono... the lips are just fine :sexywink:

mmmBono said:

how are you feeling, DiGi? I hope you've recovered nicely :)

I am coming along, I still get really tired, but feeling better every day. Thanks for asking :)

Just watched disc two of the DVD - it kicks ass. I have a date with disc one in the morning and lost dogs in the afternoon.

DiGi said:

I am coming along, I still get really tired, but feeling better every day. Thanks for asking :)

Just watched disc two of the DVD - it kicks ass. I have a date with disc one in the morning and lost dogs in the afternoon.

you're welcome, DiGi...you're very lucky to be alive :sigh:
i'm glad you're getting better :hug:

and Headache...i'm sure them lips are doin fine....still considering the FedEx-ing thang. :lmao:

and good news!!!!!!!
i finally got my Lost Dogs/MSG dvd package today!! :hyper:
i dunno what to do first....watch or listen....:der:

Back
Top Bottom