Peanut Poll

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

?

• With Shell

Votes: 16 31.4%
  • Without Shell

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • Neither, I dont like peanuts

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Third option to vote; "Don't care for peanuts"......check.

Now if you are talking about Macadamia nuts.....:drool:

It's really hard to sense sarcasm on the intarwebs so I'm going to ignore the remarks about eating peanuts with the shell still on them... eww :yikes:

I like peanuts either way. With shells so I can enjoy sucking the salt (this topic has the potention to be so wrong), or un-...de-...shells off so it's less work.

Definately with the shell--I too will assume those comments about actually eating the shells to be sarcasm. I have heard of eating sunflower seed shells, and do this on occasion--but never peanut shells, that's :crazy:

Achtung_Bebe said:
Definately with the shell--I too will assume those comments about actually eating the shells to be sarcasm. I have heard of eating sunflower seed shells, and do this on occasion--but never peanut shells, that's :crazy:

you people are weird

you say you eat it with the shell, but then say you dont actually eat it with the shell :huh: :huh: :huh:

make up your minds

I think there seems to be some confusion over this shell thing. See, when you mentioned it was the traditional peanut shell you were talking about, I thought you were comparing that to the packaged, de-shelled kinds that are drenched in salt. I prefer eating peanuts with the shells - though not with the shells on them, just the peanuts themselves - over that synthetic crap, because all you're tasting is the peanut, not the salt.

If that made any sense.

redkat said:
with shells it's all about the salty shell for me :drool: :wink:

redkat said:
no because if there is no shell to suck on I wouldn't bother with the peanut at all

redkat said:
I suck on the shell and get the peanut out but rarely eat the shell. :reject:

:yes:

I like peanuts in the shell, I just rarely eat the shell. Now pumpkin seeds are another issue...

Gotta crack open the shell and eat the peanut inside, but I have eaten the shell itself a few times. It's really not that bad.

Anyone ever tried boiled peanuts? I love them and I think that's the only trait I retained from the hillbilly side of my family.

Lila64 said:

:yes:

I like peanuts in the shell, I just rarely eat the shell. Now pumpkin seeds are another issue...

Lila you're a freak :wink:

I see plenty of people at baseball games doing the same thing so we're not that weird.

imp13 I've always wanted to try them. Isn't there something about putting them in your coke too? A southern thing I thought

redkat said:

Lila you're a freak :wink:

I see plenty of people at baseball games doing the same thing so we're not that weird.

imp13 I've always wanted to try them. Isn't there something about putting them in your coke too? A southern thing I thought

Us freaks gotta stick together you know :wink:

redkat said:

A lot of people like putting them in their Dr Pepper. Personally, I choose not to taint the nectar of the gods with peanuts.

I prefer the shelled version over the naked ones. It's more like a satisfying project when you eat them. I also enjoy removing the brown flaky skin that covers the peanuts underneath the hard shell.

inmyplace13 said:

Anyone ever tried boiled peanuts?

I haven't. Wouldn't they lose their crunchiness during the boiling process?

angelordevil said:
I prefer the shelled version over the naked ones. It's more like a satisfying project when you eat them. I also enjoy removing the brown flaky skin that covers the peanuts underneath the hard shell.

do you eat the shell or just take it off?

redkat said:

soo un-american :tsk:

Union%20Jack.gif
:rockon:

:wink:

angelordevil said:

I haven't. Wouldn't they lose their crunchiness during the boiling process?

Yes, they're very soft. But they're quite delicious :drool:

Chizip said:

you people are weird

you say you eat it with the shell, but then say you dont actually eat it with the shell :huh: :huh: :huh:

make up your minds

Thanks to GibsonGirl for clarifying... your poll is indeed confusing. I do prefer peanuts with shells, in fact it's the only type I purchase, but I don't actually eat the shells. Add the fact that I didn't realize anyone actually ate the shells, and you should see where I was coming from! :p

I've never heard of putting peanuts in Dr. Pepper, either :huh: I obviously have not been southernized.

With shell.

It's about the thrill of the chase for me. :drool:

If by shell, you mean a snickers which has been refrigerated, then yes. Otherwise, no way. You people are like Labradors and will eat anything.
:tsk:

Definitely with the shell, but you are NOT supposed to eat the actual shell. My dogs do that and they gag on them. :tsk:

i think people are confused.

this poll isnt unshelled vs shelled peanuts

the poll is asking, do you eat shelled peanuts with the shells, or do you take them out of the shells

im telling you, with the shells is delish

Back
Top Bottom