PayPal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
I'm just wondering how many people here use PayPal, and if you've ever had any problems with it. It seems so common, but I'd feel safer usin' it if I heard from some folks here firsthand about it. :)

I have used PayPal succesfully for several years now. It's a great service - fast, efficient and trustworthy. Plus, they can help if a transaction goes "bad."

One recommendation though, if you are buying something from a person on eBay who does not have a verified PayPal account, just be cautious. That is, don't send several hundred $$ to this person. If this transaction goes sour, it is more difficult for PayPal to help get you your $$ back if the account is not verified.

I try to use PayPal for all my eBay buying/selling. In fact, these days I am hesitant to buy something from a person who refuses to use PayPal.

Last edited:
Good question Bonochick!

I just won an auction for some U2 buttons off Ebay and when I completed filling out the blanks for PayPal and clicked on submit, the page reloaded or something...I was rather confused. So I clicked submit again, and it did the same thing. I wasn't sure if it actually went through, but I wasn't going to try it again. It's been 5 days, and I haven't gotten any confirmation on my payment...so yeah..that's my problem. :S

I do, however, have friends who have used it a few times and have had no problem.

I've used PayPal for about a year now, and I've never had a problem. It's quite convenient, actually. I don't have to wait for my check to get to the seller and to clear before they'll send me my stuff. But like doctorwho said, be cautious if they don't have a verified account. :)

Thumbs up for Paypal

My hubby buys and sells stuff using Paypal. He has had no problems.

I wonder how Paypal makes their money. I can't see that they charge any fees or anything. Hmmm.

Oh well, I know it works. I guess that's all that matters.

kariatari said:
Good question Bonochick!

I just won an auction for some U2 buttons off Ebay and when I completed filling out the blanks for PayPal and clicked on submit, the page reloaded or something...I was rather confused. So I clicked submit again, and it did the same thing. I wasn't sure if it actually went through, but I wasn't going to try it again. It's been 5 days, and I haven't gotten any confirmation on my payment...so yeah..that's my problem. :S

I do, however, have friends who have used it a few times and have had no problem.

I have been using Paypal for at least six months and I haven't had problems. I get receipts by e-mail almost immediately, so if you haven't received one, I'm pretty sure the transaction was not processed.

Paypal is the shit

I have successfully used paypal for all my ebay shopping and other various transactions for like 2 yrs now. such a great service, much quicker an more efficient than sending checks or money orders in the mail. you should get your acct verified, its easy. you just add your bank acct info and put your credit/debit card info and exact mailing address on your statement, its how they verify ya.

as doctorwho mentioned, be weary of non-verified sellers. all the problems from paypal usually stem not from paypal itself, but when someone pays for an auction through paypal, and never receives the item they bought. on another forum i frequent, there was a huge, multi-page discussion about paypal about a month ago. i've never had any problems with them (although i've since closed my account just because i don't really use it), but everyone i know who has, it's always been relating to the seller, not paypal.

I've only used paypal once to buy tickets online, and I didn't have any problems with it...it was quick and easy to use...

speaking of PayPal...when did the little PayPal Donate to Interference thingy appear at the top right corner of the screen? I never noticed it before! :scratch:

Elvis just put it there. He's going to explain about it later.

Interference is costing too much money.. :(

We need help.

Thanks for the replies, everyone! There's an auction I'm interested in on eBay (not U2 related, actually!), and the seller will only go through PayPal, so I wanted to make sure before I placed a bid.

Bonochick said:
Thanks for the replies, everyone! There's an auction I'm interested in on eBay (not U2 related, actually!), and the seller will only go through PayPal, so I wanted to make sure before I placed a bid.

be sure you read their feedback responses.

Re-Run

I posted this in the announcement that elvis made, but I felt it was important enough to reiterate in lemonade stand just because I can and a lot of people read this forum... therefore

The issue: Interference costing operators too much money, and we all get it for free.
The problem: Interference may not be able to run if people do not help out the admins and donate money to keep it running.
The solution: Skip your cup of coffee for a day or two, even once a month, and donate money to interference. Cup of coffee = $1.50, Months = 12, Users = lots. $1.50 x 12 = $18 (users) = A hell of a lot of cash to keep interference working for us.

After I get a job, and quite possibly turn 18 if thats a requisite to donating money online, you can count on my funds :up:

We have more than enough users, I cant imagine itd be too hard to reach that goal of $5000... Come on people, which would you rather have? One days worth of coffee or sacrifice an immesurable ammount of fun and entertainment that you get with Interference? just send in the cash, its really not that difficult... Dont believe me? I made this little public service announcement for all of you...

The fate of interference.com:
You if you dont give: :wink: oh look at me I didnt donate!... hey? whered interference go? :confused: :sad:

You if you do donate: :cute: look at me, I donated and still get to visit interference, boy that was the best cup of coffee Ive ever not had :up:

The choice is clear... Thank you.

Thank you so much for your kind words of support.

Any donation can help. Together, we can save Interference.com.

Unfortunately, it's not an exaggerated thought that if we do not raise enough money, Interference will not be around in a few months. No forums, no contact with everyone. :(

It's a sad thought - but for those of you who come here everyday, can you imagine not being able to again?

It's sad :sad: And thankfully, with everyone's continued love and support, we can rise above this together.

Every little bit helps. And if you ever doubted your individual importance - YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE HERE.

luv,
HA :angel:

daisybean said:

:sad:

If you don't mind me asking, what is the time limit to raise the $ in?

This will be an on-going effort bc the monthly costs are VERY HIGH :( So, no time limit.

If we are not able to meet monthly costs, we will close down. :(

Back
Top Bottom