Paxil Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cleasai

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I had no idea where I should've placed this post, but I do need advice and I've run out of medical sources. If any of ye mods wanna move it, be my guest. This is very personal what I'm about to ask so if you'd prefer to either PM or Email please do!

My friend, "Jane," has recently been experiencing some random and odd reactions from her medication. Once a month she'll go through this phase of almost non-stop deep sleep. It's gotten so bad it's affecting her work :( If you or someone you know has or is taking Paxil and has experienced this coma-like sleep session please contact me. I have some questions on behalf of "Jane" that I'd like to ask. Thank you.

You can email me at Cleasai78@aol.com

Cleasai said:
I had no idea where I should've placed this post, but I do need advice and I've run out of medical sources. If any of ye mods wanna move it, be my guest. This is very personal what I'm about to ask so if you'd prefer to either PM or Email please do!

My friend, "Jane," has recently been experiencing some random and odd reactions from her medication. Once a month she'll go through this phase of almost non-stop deep sleep. It's gotten so bad it's affecting her work :( If you or someone you know has or is taking Paxil and has experienced this coma-like sleep session please contact me. I have some questions on behalf of "Jane" that I'd like to ask. Thank you.

You can email me at Cleasai78@aol.com

Hi there...

I've been on Paxil for 3 years...how long has she been taking it? In my personal experience, I only had the sleepiness 1) when I first started taking it and 2) when they increased the dosage. I don't think mine was as severe when I had the fatigue, though.

Also, does she drink alcohol? Alcohol + Paxil don't mix very well.

has she talked to her doctor about this? maybe her dosage needs to be changed?

Sparkysgrrrl, I don't think I got your email. :(

Thanks for everyone's replies. I believe she has been on Paxil for several months now. I have heard several accounts where people have sleeping disorders associated with Paxil and have switched over to a new drug which seems to work fine. Unfortunately the medication she is on now is the best kind that controls her OCD so that's out of the question.

A new development though... She called me yesterday to say that she might have found out why this is happening to her. When she was passed out one time she dreamt that she was in an "Anemic Coma." This would make sense because these sleep comas always happens around the 1st day of her monthly visitor. And she believes that some of her other medication may be thinning out her blood. So, there ya go. Makes sense eh? She's gonna see the Doc about it.

Thanks Interlanders :hug:

Hope everything works out okay for her. :) Maybe it'll be as easy as taking some supplements.

This is why I have to take antidepressants that help keep me awake!

ack....I sent an email I did I did...
I'm gonna try again just the same...
Let me know if you don't get one tonight.
I'm writing it now, and sending it as we speak, I hope nothings wrong with my email account :(

I hope everything works out for her, too. I just had a little nap of my own...it's now 5am EST and I crashed 11 hours ago! I missed the New Year's countdown....oh well. Nothing changes on NYD. :der: :wave:

Is Paxil the stomach medecine?

I think my fiancee may be taking it as she has all of a sudden come down with an "acid reflux" problem???

Is this the right drug, or am I way off???

Back
Top Bottom