Paw Paw, West Virginia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eventually I'd like to. Right now my plan has changed from bolting the hell out to perhaps moving to a more urban area around here and out of the suburbs for good, and perhaps when I've got some experience under my belt then I'll leave for greener pastures.

If I have to spend another year in the 'burbs I'll scream. :crack:

So the urban areas are better places to live around there? I thought pretty much all of Michigan was hurting in an economic sense.

Ah, ok. So Grand Rapids is flourishing, eh?

There are very few places in the US that are 'flourishing' right now, but GR has managed to diversify over the last few years. Its doing well.

Makes sense. The Tigers are like one, big flushing toilet right now, too.

You're a dick. You AND Miguel Cabrera!

Be magnanimous, Danimal, and watch fire rain down on their heads. Petulance is for children and retarded interference users.

I'm not too openly angry about it. I don't stay mad about things too long. The whole thing's just kind of left a bad taste in my mouth.

Maybe I'm going to be a terrible parent but I think they need to have more trust in you. I wouldn't ground a child for poor grades but instead try to be respectful and trust them.

I'm not being grounded as much as I'm being forced to spend huge amounts of time doing homework. It's not like I'm just here. I'm here and doing work.

So they think. Yeah, I'm doing more work, but I can't do six hours of work in a night, sorry. I'll go insane.

It's only one bad grade, actually: math. All my other grades are very good.

Managed to sneak in an album download tonight: Demon Days by Gorillaz. Listening and reviewing it soon.

Detroit is like one, big flushing toilet.

QFT

I like some of the cute little urban areas, and once I make more money I can fully see myself living in one of them. I'd be in walking distance from downtown, the bars, restaurants, etc. It'd be cool and nowhere near as expensive as NY. If I find myself outgrowing that, then I see myself bolting.

But not to people who would actually use that information for anything useful. Context, Swayze.

The 'context' is that you are feeling really pissed off about a perceived injustice in your life. You don't have the stones/panache to say that to the actual people involved, so you're hear telling us. At least be honest with yourself.

I've been doing this a long time, Dan.

The 'context' is that you are feeling really pissed off about a perceived injustice in your life. You don't have the stones/panache to say that to the actual people involved, so you're hear telling us. At least be honest with yourself.

I've been doing this a long time, Dan.

The stones/panache isn't the issue. The issue is recognition of the situation. I'm going to have to deal with these people on a relatively professional basis for my entire senior year. Do you think it would be a good idea to accuse them of attempting a coup against me before senior year starts? Is that the way we should be going into it? Or should I swallow my unease with their attempts to oust me and just work?

I'm not half bad at this either, Dalton.

You have to sneak in album downloads? What, were you able to distract your parents with something shiny for a few minutes?

More or less.

I'm not supposed to be listening to music as part of my "get back to passing" month.

And honestly ElMel, I say I'm going to listen to Demon Days for the first time, and that warrants no comment from you? I'm disappointed.

I'm reading the tracklisting now. Slightly disappointed that Del tha Funkee Homosapiaen didn't make the cut this time around, if only for his name.

The stones/panache isn't the issue. The issue is recognition of the situation. I'm going to have to deal with these people on a relatively professional basis for my entire senior year. Do you think it would be a good idea to accuse them of attempting a coup against me before senior year starts? Is that the way we should be going into it? Or should I swallow my unease with their attempts to oust me and just work?

I'm not half bad at this either, Dalton.

So, the only two options you see in this situation is to go in guns blazing or swallow your feelings and bitch about it on the interweb? What percentage of bad are you at this?

So, the only two options you see in this situation is to go in guns blazing or swallow your feelings and bitch about it on the interweb? What percentage of bad are you at this?

I never said those were the only options. I merely alluded to my perception of what you wanted me to do and what I am actually doing.

Homework. :mad:

Khan, buy a laptop around back to school time if you've got your heart set on one. I was lucky in a way that my desktop died in September last year cause I got a great deal on my little laptop and I love it. :love:
homework :yuck:

i was thinking that, but i want a macbook so it doesn't matter when i buy one, really. although now i'd get a free printer. i already have one so who cares, but i could get a free laser printer :hmm: i was thinking of taking that laser printer to work actually, since the one we have dies all the time :mad: oh and it'd be MY printer, i wouldn't share :selfish:

This semester is shaping up to be the worst gradewise since I came back (we're talking C's :uhoh: ), but I have 3 weeks to straighten up. Hopefully by this time next year I'll only have one more semester to go. :pray:

Hmm, Jimmy Choos, here I come? :hmm:
i've made worse grades in college :uhoh: but there's still time to turn it into a B or something :hug: and congrats on being so close to the end!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom