Paw Paw, West Virginia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you who haven't eaten haloumi before, here's a picture of it on top of some salad (which is irrelevant).

haloumisalad5-717907.JPG

:drool:
what is this and where can i get some?

actually i'm going to a great restaurant in a few but still :drool:

WildHoney and U2isthebest have posted in the Who Got Lucky Last Night thread so much that I think they're having sex with each other.

Sheesh.

/random

Maybe they are... :hmm:

I am home, it's muggy, and I have homework to get through tonight. I have to be up at the crack of fucking dawn tomorrow for the Race for the Cure so going out wasn't really an option. I figured I might as well be productive while home. :yawn:

eeeeew homework

i suppose i'm not truly done with it as i'll go to grad school

for now i am

i have to be up at the crack of dawn for graduation rehearsal. and tonight is "green bottle" party where you give a green bottle to anyone you wanna hook up with. as i am still attached to eits guy, i will be spectating rather than embarrassing myself. phew.

I don't want to get all sappy on everyone but for the first time perhaps ever I feel like I'm getting control of my life and going in a right direction. That's thanks in large part to you guys for being my friends. I finally know what joy feels like and I want you to know that you guys have meant a lot to me. :hug:

It's not sappy at all, don't worry. Feeling good is legit. It's too legit. Too legit to quit. So, be happy.

Well, I'm in a bit of a bitter mood.

I won my re-election campaign to be a senior class officer, defeating a girl from our school who's, what you would say, in the "popular" crowd. I'm not unpopular by any stretch, but she's one of those kind of snobbish kids "at the top." You know what I mean.

Anyway, one of her good friends is our current president. The president is much more reasonable, a nice person by all accounts. She spent the entire year talking about how she wanted all four of us officers to get re-elected so that we could keep going at our same pace. However, as soon as her friend got in the race, her story changed to "I hope you guys tie so that we can have five class officers." I felt more than a little betrayed, as she clearly means she wanted her friend to beat me. I've not expressed this to her, but I have to several people, including the two other class officers, who agreed with me.

So, when I won, I was quite pleased. I felt like I successfully defeated a coup on my position. Then, first meeting after the election, and our adviser and the president throw around the idea of creating a new officer position for the girl I beat to be in. One thing led to another, today I got the e-mail that our principal approved the fifth position and there are now five class officers.

I'm quite pissed off. First of all, I'm not a fan of this girl. I think it complicates things having five officers, and I don't think she's the right person for the job. Too many strong personalities on board inevitably leads to more conflicts. Also, and more importantly, I KNOW that if I had lost, no one would have suggested a new position in the class officer ranks to get me back in. I now feel detached from the class officer position and a bit isolated from our advisers and the president.

So, it's not a big deal, but I'm not really planning on telling anyone I know this, so I figured I'd let the flames run a bit here.

I won my re-election campaign to be a senior class officer, defeating a girl from our school who's, what you would say, in the "popular" crowd. I'm not unpopular by any stretch, but she's one of those kind of snobbish kids "at the top." You know what I mean.

Anyway, one of her good friends is our current president. The president is much more reasonable, a nice person by all accounts. She spent the entire year talking about how she wanted all four of us officers to get re-elected so that we could keep going at our same pace. However, as soon as her friend got in the race, her story changed to "I hope you guys tie so that we can have five class officers." I felt more than a little betrayed, as she clearly means she wanted her friend to beat me. I've not expressed this to her, but I have to several people, including the two other class officers, who agreed with me.

So, when I won, I was quite pleased. I felt like I successfully defeated a coup on my position. Then, first meeting after the election, and our adviser and the president throw around the idea of creating a new officer position for the girl I beat to be in. One thing led to another, today I got the e-mail that our principal approved the fifth position and there are now five class officers.

I'm quite pissed off. First of all, I'm not a fan of this girl. I think it complicates things having five officers, and I don't think she's the right person for the job. Too many strong personalities on board inevitably leads to more conflicts. Also, and more importantly, I KNOW that if I had lost, no one would have suggested a new position in the class officer ranks to get me back in. I now feel detached from the class officer position and a bit isolated from our advisers and the president.

So, it's not a big deal, but I'm not really planning on telling anyone I know this, so I figured I'd let the flames run a bit here.

Wow, I'd be really pissed, too. Being a senior class officer probably means too much for you to consider resigning in protest to make a statement, so I guess I'd just try to work with it and see how it goes. Perhaps it'll work out.

I can't go out and have a life for the next couple of weeks due to my math grade. Yes, I'm grounded. Though my parents have never actually used the word. My mom used the term "house arrest."

Be magnanimous, Danimal, and watch fire rain down on their heads. Petulance is for children and retarded interference users.

I can't go out and have a life for the next couple of weeks due to my math grade. Yes, I'm grounded. Though my parents have never actually used the word. My mom used the term "house arrest."

Don't drop the soap ... unless you're into that sort of thing. In that case, ask your parents if you can be under house arrest in California.

Well, that sucks.

:hmm:

Actually, no, it doesn't, cuz this time next year when you are finishing up you are gonna land a job that pays a lot more than mine, I bet.

This semester is shaping up to be the worst gradewise since I came back (we're talking C's :uhoh: ), but I have 3 weeks to straighten up. Hopefully by this time next year I'll only have one more semester to go. :pray:

Hmm, Jimmy Choos, here I come? :hmm:

Maybe I'm going to be a terrible parent but I think they need to have more trust in you. I wouldn't ground a child for poor grades but instead try to be respectful and trust them.

I don't want to get all sappy on everyone but for the first time perhaps ever I feel like I'm getting control of my life and going in a right direction. That's thanks in large part to you guys for being my friends. I finally know what joy feels like and I want you to know that you guys have meant a lot to me. :hug:

Glad you're feeling this way, man. :up: I rag on you sometimes, but know that I'm always rooting for you and am here to help whenever.

Are you definitely going to leave Michigan behind when you finish?

Eventually I'd like to. Right now my plan has changed from bolting the hell out to perhaps moving to a more urban area around here and out of the suburbs for good, and perhaps when I've got some experience under my belt then I'll leave for greener pastures.

If I have to spend another year in the 'burbs I'll scream. :crack:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom