Paw Paw, West Virginia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you who haven't eaten haloumi before, here's a picture of it on top of some salad (which is irrelevant).

haloumisalad5-717907.JPG

:drool:

WANT.

:drool:

Who the hell calls a team the "Dockers"? And their team song is quite possibly worse than half of Britney Spears' discography put together.

I know I've spoken before about how I find it weird in AFL how people rarely seem to support the team from where they live, and I suppose the mobility of the players affects that too. I think it definitely makes it harder for newcomers to get into the game. In the Super 14, there are five Kiwi teams - always have been. When it was the Super 12, there were four South African teams and three Aussie teams; since the expansion to the Super 14, South Africa and Australia have had one more team each.

Nah, fuck the league. Rugby's where it's at - and the international season gets under way next month. The Wallabies' first game is against Ireland on the 14th (New Zealand plays the Irish the week beforehand too). While you're in Melbourne, one game's on, Australia vs France on the 28th. I'll surely be trying to get together people to watch the game/drink wine/eat cheese and crackers and stuff. I'll likely fail, but I'll still try!

'Dockers' is obviously the world's poxiest name, but there have been a few contenders in the AFL over the years.

Ah, I see. I guess that's the thing, with AFL almost straight off the bat I was supporting an interstate side, so I wasn't so concerned with where the players came from. I guess they're sort of like mercenaries in that sense. Anyway, just be glad it's a Kiwi side that tends to kick the most arse!

:lol: Alright, that's fairly blunt but I understand. Australia vs. France? We could have a barbecue and taste test a whole bunch of cheese... sounds good to me!

'Dockers' is obviously the world's poxiest name, but there have been a few contenders in the AFL over the years.

Ah, I see. I guess that's the thing, with AFL almost straight off the bat I was supporting an interstate side, so I wasn't so concerned with where the players came from. I guess they're sort of like mercenaries in that sense. Anyway, just be glad it's a Kiwi side that tends to kick the most arse!

:lol: Alright, that's fairly blunt but I understand. Australia vs. France? We could have a barbecue and taste test a whole bunch of cheese... sounds good to me!

The Hawthorn Mayblooms is pretty piss-poor indeed. I wish North Melbourne were still the Shinboners!

See, I've always gone for the local team. I grew up just outside of Wellington, so my rugby-supporting life has revolved around their fortunes, and obviously that of the All Blacks. I also feel a fondness for Otago, since that's where one side of my family is from (and my great-grandfather played for them as well as Wellington!).

I've never been known for moderating my opinions on union vs league, and it's a shame Ian isn't around since it's always fun when we have a go at each other over rugby codes. :wink: Australia vs France is a fucking confusing game, since ... well, as a Kiwi, who the hell do I support? I hate the Wallabies, but this is going to be one of those astonishingly rare occasions where you will see me support Australia, since I hate France more (the only other scenario would be Australia vs the USA). And I'm so down with the idea of taste testing a bunch of cheese. :drool:

Hey, congratulations Screwtape - good to see you so happy!

:lol: I think I'm gonna call it that the whole time I'm there.

Yeah, good on you, Screwtape. :up:

And I'm genuinely surprised the place hasn't been renamed Mellabourniki yet. :wink:

Mellaborniki is a damn good name- rolls off the tongue. Mellabornikos isn't too bad, either.

Come to think of it, I wonder, would there be a special Greek pronunciation for it? Makes sense. :hmm:

Mellaborniki is a damn good name- rolls off the tongue. Mellabornikos isn't too bad, either.

Come to think of it, I wonder, would there be a special Greek pronunciation for it? Makes sense. :hmm:

I like Melbourne's name in Kiwi English: Millburn. :wink:

And I wonder if there is actually a Greek town with a name anything like Mellaborniki/Mellabornikos! :lol:

What, I don't have 100 posts in this thread yet? :(

I think once I get to the triple number I'm out of here.

I'd just like us to reach a new thread before I go, but I only plan on staying about another hour.

The fuck is up with Interference right now? I just refreshed the thread and got redirected to the forum main page! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom