Paw Paw, West Virginia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a plan. End Of June?, I've no idea. I'll keep my diary open!

Legally blind?, Free Travel?.....well thats kinda pretty cool I suppose. for The Free Travel anyway. Your almost better off getting a V-Line train to Seymour. They run basically hourly all day. Well...I guess that makes sense If I'm not going to be in Shepp.

Cause there is only about 2 Trains that run too and from shepparton daily.

How often are you down in Melbourne these days? Still just at weekends?

The frustrating part is that my vision essentially hasn't changed since I was a teenager, it's just that when I had it tested back then, it was just in controlled, clinical environments and nobody ever really emphasised that I'm fucked outside due to the photophobia. I certainly didn't think to emphasise it, as I thought legal blindness was based purely on how well I could read the eye chart. But at least that's all done NOW, so I don't have to keep buying monthly tram passes. It is a bit weird now thinking of myself as legally blind, but free travel? Rock the fuck on, legal blindness! :up: :lol:

Fellow Albino Railfan and I plan to ride every one of the Victorian regional lines since we both have the free travel passes, so we'll definitely hit the Shepparton line one day. I'll let you know when I'm coming. As for Seymour, I'll be rocking through there in just over two weeks! We're doing a steam train excursion to Albury and it has a brief stopover in Seymour for locomotive refueling and stuff.

The Tiges, despite being in the bottom half, actually give the better sides a bit of a shake every now and then. I hope that this year or next they can just get into the finals.

Along with Carlton (Even though I can't stand the Blues...)....I reckon they SHOULD both be 5th-8th Finishers next year.

How often are you down in Melbourne these days? Still just at weekends?

Fellow Albino Railfan and I plan to ride every one of the Victorian regional lines since we both have the free travel passes, so we'll definitely hit the Shepparton line one day. I'll let you know when I'm coming. As for Seymour, I'll be rocking through there in just over two weeks! We're doing a steam train excursion to Albury and it has a brief stopover in Seymour for locomotive refueling and stuff.

I'm still just in Melbourne on Weekends. Usually Friday Nights till Sunday Arvo/Evening. Friday night would still be the best for me, if we did something. Although I'm starting to just travel via train, which means I'm an extra half hours travel out from the city. But if we plan ahead, I'll bring my car.

Seymour is a nice place. It would be cool going on A steam train. I've done puffing billy!...hehe. I need to move to seymour, seriously they run Trains every hour to and from the city pretty much till 11-12 at Night.......

Money is a thing, yeah. But getting a bottle of wine isn't the most expensive thing in the world, and if other people are helping with the food, it could be a lot worse. Think of people that actually go out on the town frequently. You're doing better than them for just as much fun.

I'm exactly the same with pizza. :lol: There are times when I prepare a beer that I've chosen specifically to have with the meal, but I get so stuck into the good food that I basically forget about the brew.

'The Moon' sounds pretty nice, good and basic... and it reminds me of this restaurant in Canberra called The Woodstock, I think, that I've been to a couple of times. They named their pizzas after zodiac signs! I remember the Leo being pretty nice.

Oh, I'm far too used to drinking wine at my father's place, and he has a cellar full of the stuff, and I mean really good stuff. To him, cheap wine is $40-50! I bet if I told him I bought a $13 pinot noir, he'd make some remark about buying swill! Goddamnit, I need him to send me some Ata Rangi pinot noir. That stuff is fucking amazing. And I picked some of the grapes for the 1996 vintage! :lol:

Hah, I love places that give their pizzas imaginative names. It's so much more interesting than the usual Hawaiian, Meatlovers, Americana, Vegetarian ...

Well, I hate to Quote Mick Molloy, but they might be in for their best 9th Place Finish ever :)

They are currently 11th. 3 Wins, 5 Losses, 1 Draw. And Probably in for another loss this weekend against Sydney.

The Tiges, despite being in the bottom half, actually give the better sides a bit of a shake every now and then. I hope that this year or next they can just get into the finals.

:lol: Got to admit, they seem pretty bloody mundane at the moment. Still haven't really gotten into following them yet. I'm more supporting them because my mother keeps on mentioning "your Tigers" on the phone to me!

And, of course, I'm totally behind the Fitzroy Lions. :wink: How are they doing at the moment?

Crows beat Dons by five points. I think I tipped fifty points... so I was close!

Fucking hell, the Demons got close to someone? :shocked:

:lol: Got to admit, they seem pretty bloody mundane at the moment. Still haven't really gotten into following them yet. I'm more supporting them because my mother keeps on mentioning "your Tigers" on the phone to me!

And, of course, I'm totally behind the Fitzroy Lions. :wink: How are they doing at the moment?

Fucking hell, the Demons got close to someone? :shocked:

Dons = Essendon

Yeah they Tigers haven't been really any threating since 2001 when they almost made the Grand Final. Of Course Brisbane beat them, and they went on to smash Essendon.

Fitzroy....they're going about as good as Leeds United! :lol:

I'm still just in Melbourne on Weekends. Usually Friday Nights till Sunday Arvo/Evening. Friday night would still be the best for me, if we did something. Although I'm starting to just travel via train, which means I'm an extra half hours travel out from the city. But if we plan ahead, I'll bring my car.

Seymour is a nice place. It would be cool going on A steam train. I've done puffing billy!...hehe. I need to move to seymour, seriously they run Trains every hour to and from the city pretty much till 11-12 at Night.......

Ahh, righto. Well, we'll make sure we organise this thing well in advance - since the Maj. is the busiest man in Melbourne and your time is limited, we'll have to make sure it's all nicely co-ordinated rather than just thrown together at the last minute!

I did Puffing Billy last year, the lunch train, and it was awesome. This one is operated by SteamRail Victoria - two steam locomotives haul it from Melbourne to Seymour, then one is detached in Seymour as it's not needed to get the train to Albury. Should be a good day out.

What I love is that it's actually quicker to get from Spencer Street Station to Ballarat or Geelong than to some suburban destinations, and at night, the frequency to Geelong and the 'rat is probably better too! :lol:

Oh, I'm far too used to drinking wine at my father's place, and he has a cellar full of the stuff, and I mean really good stuff. To him, cheap wine is $40-50! I bet if I told him I bought a $13 pinot noir, he'd make some remark about buying swill! Goddamnit, I need him to send me some Ata Rangi pinot noir. That stuff is fucking amazing. And I picked some of the grapes for the 1996 vintage! :lol:

Hah, I love places that give their pizzas imaginative names. It's so much more interesting than the usual Hawaiian, Meatlovers, Americana, Vegetarian ...

You keep mentioning that Ata Rangi stuff so much that even I - someone who tends to ignore wine - would really love to try it. :lol: I'm not sure how immediately different it'd taste to someone who thinks most wines taste the same, though.

I love that sort of thing too. It's kind of corny, but it's fun. That's why that fake restaurant menu I wrote ages ago that I think I told you about for some reason has pizzas named after Greek gods. I can't flaw it. Also, the Appolon sounds delicious:
Apollon
Hot pepperoni, jalapenos, capsicum, chilli, ground beef with spices, fetta, black olives and herbs on fresh tomato and garlic sauce.

I'm gonna have to make it one day.

Dons = Essendon

Yeah they Tigers haven't been really any threating since 2001 when they almost made the Grand Final. Of Course Brisbane beat them, and they went on to smash Essendon.

Fitzroy....they're going about as good as Leeds United! :lol:

Maybe I did get tipsy, I read Demons. :wink:

Goddamnit, why can't I support a good team? :madspit:

Oh well, international rugby's coming up soon, at least the All Blacks fucking rule all there!

You keep mentioning that Ata Rangi stuff so much that even I - someone who tends to ignore wine - would really love to try it. :lol: I'm not sure how immediately different it'd taste to someone who thinks most wines taste the same, though.

I love that sort of thing too. It's kind of corny, but it's fun. That's why that fake restaurant menu I wrote ages ago that I think I told you about for some reason has pizzas named after Greek gods. I can't flaw it. Also, the Appolon sounds delicious:
Apollon
Hot pepperoni, jalapenos, capsicum, chilli, ground beef with spices, fetta, black olives and herbs on fresh tomato and garlic sauce.

I'm gonna have to make it one day.

It's probably just because I grew up on the stuff. It was my first favourite wine, back when I was seven or so. That was back when Martinborough was only just starting to establish itself as a wine-growing region and now Ata Rangi's one of the leading vineyards, so I think I was onto a winner! Personally, I tend to enjoy really dry wines, but it seems most people not so into wine are more inclined the other way. I discovered at the pub yesterday that if a red wine isn't dry enough, drink it while eating wedges dipped in sweet chilli sauce and suddenly it becomes the perfect accompaniment!

Fuck, that sounds like an awesome pizza. I'm going to have to make that too. Shame it'll probably be too cold to have an Interferencers pizza picnic in the Botanical Gardens or anything! :lol:

Actually, Melbourne didn't get thrashed by the Hawks last week, so there you go!

Oh? How close was it?

I'm kind of sad. The Super 14 final is tomorrow night and I just can't give a shit. It's Canterbury, yet again. How many fucking Super 14 titles do they want to win? I don't really dislike Canterbury; it's just getting boring with them winning the tournament so often. And if they are somehow defeated, it'll be by the New South Wales Waratahs! Ugh.

It's probably just because I grew up on the stuff. It was my first favourite wine, back when I was seven or so. That was back when Martinborough was only just starting to establish itself as a wine-growing region and now Ata Rangi's one of the leading vineyards, so I think I was onto a winner! Personally, I tend to enjoy really dry wines, but it seems most people not so into wine are more inclined the other way. I discovered at the pub yesterday that if a red wine isn't dry enough, drink it while eating wedges dipped in sweet chilli sauce and suddenly it becomes the perfect accompaniment!

Fuck, that sounds like an awesome pizza. I'm going to have to make that too. Shame it'll probably be too cold to have an Interferencers pizza picnic in the Botanical Gardens or anything! :lol:

Ah, I can understand that. Actually, it's much the same as my love for port, since it was the first alcoholic drink I ever tasted. :silent: Red with wedges/sweet chilli sauce sounds delicious! I never thought of that.

I put a lot of care into the pizzas I wrote, even though I had no real intention of cooking them and will never own a restaurant anyway. But you know, when you're bored and inebriated, it's as good a thing to do as any.

This vegetarian one is another I might make:

Hermes
Haloumi, fetta, black olives, spinach, fresh tomato, onion and tzatziki.

Though I'm tempted to replace the tzatziki with a small layer of shaved parmesan and tomato sauce on the bottom. :hmm:

Oh? How close was it?

I'm kind of sad. The Super 14 final is tomorrow night and I just can't give a shit. It's Canterbury, yet again. How many fucking Super 14 titles do they want to win? I don't really dislike Canterbury; it's just getting boring with them winning the tournament so often. And if they are somehow defeated, it'll be by the New South Wales Waratahs! Ugh.

Twenty odd points? Everyone was expecting a thrashing - except Dan who thought they'd get within thirty! Smart kid, that one.

I don't know who the teams you're talking about are, but I figure it's similar to when Brisbane kept on winning GF's earlier on in the decade. I genuinely started to lose interest in the game during that time.

Ah, I can understand that. Actually, it's much the same as my love for port, since it was the first alcoholic drink I ever tasted. :silent: Red with wedges/sweet chilli sauce sounds delicious! I never thought of that.

I put a lot of care into the pizzas I wrote, even though I had no real intention of cooking them and will never own a restaurant anyway. But you know, when you're bored and inebriated, it's as good a thing to do as any.

This vegetarian one is another I might make:

Hermes
Haloumi, fetta, black olives, spinach, fresh tomato, onion and tzatziki.

Though I'm tempted to replace the tzatziki with a small layer of shaved parmesan and tomato sauce on the bottom. :hmm:

I totally need to try more port. I remember not really liking it that much when I first tried it around age 12-13, but my father had a bottle of 21 year old port on my 21st birthday and it was astonishingly good. Maybe next week, I'll try to find a bottle of port ...

You totally need to make these pizzas - they sound delicious! I'm bloody full right now and you're making my mouth water anyway. And with a fucking vegetarian pizza! I hate vegetarian pizzas normally. But that sounds damn good.

Twenty odd points? Everyone was expecting a thrashing - except Dan who thought they'd get within thirty! Smart kid, that one.

I don't know who the teams you're talking about are, but I figure it's similar to when Brisbane kept on winning GF's earlier on in the decade. I genuinely started to lose interest in the game during that time.

Ahh, right. I was getting the impression that even if the opposition didn't turn up, the Demons would still manage to lose.

The Super 14 has been going since 1996, and Canterbury has won it HALF THE BLOODY TIME. Auckland won the first two seasons, then since that point the ACT Brumbies have won it twice, the Natal Sharks once, Auckland once more and Canterbury SIX TIMES. Looking good for a seventh this year. Meanwhile, the best my Hurricanes have done is reach the grand final in 2006. Guess who we lost to? Yeah, fucking Canterbury.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom