Paw Paw, West Virginia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough.

At what point do you think your thoughts changed significantly from that first night (aside from your love of One Step Closer)?

Honestly, not sure. For the first couple of months, I loved HTDAAB, then the newness wore off and it settled in somewhere in the top half of my album rankings (I think I normally placed it around fourth or fifth?) for 2005. Hearing Miracle Drug and SYCMIOYO live was part of lowering my opinion, since they weren't very good and made me reassess what I thought of the studio versions. Then in early 2006 is when I really started to go off U2 and the whole album's standing with me slipped markedly.

I think Vertigo, Miracle Drug, LAPOE, COBL, Crumbs, and OOTS are all good tracks, anyway.

I think Vertigo, Miracle Drug, LAPOE, COBL, Crumbs, and OOTS are all good tracks, anyway.

Native Son and Smile are great songs, but they aren't on the bloody album, so there goes that. As for what made the album ... well, One Step Closer is good, but doesn't compare with the real UF deal. LAPOE would be great if its lyrics didn't make me cringe so much. Crumbs and COBL are good. I'll also firmly maintain AMAAW is one of the album's better songs. Leaves tripe like SYCMIOYO, OOTS, and ABOY for dead.

Native Son and Smile are great songs, but they aren't on the bloody album, so there goes that. As for what made the album ... well, One Step Closer is good, but doesn't compare with the real UF deal. LAPOE would be great if its lyrics didn't make me cringe so much. Crumbs and COBL are good. I'll also firmly maintain AMAAW is one of the album's better songs. Leaves tripe like SYCMIOYO, OOTS, and ABOY for dead.

I think OOTS' only problem, like LAPOE, is its lyrical failure. But that plagues most of recent U2 songs.

I think if I was in control:

- Instead of releasing Electrical Storm in 2002, they release SYCMIOYO as "Tough" in memory of Bob Hewson.
- The album is called "Crumbs from Your Table."

1. City of Blinding Lights
2. Native Son
3. All Because of You
4. Love and Peace or Else
5. Crumbs from Your Table
6. Electrical Storm
7. Fast Cars
8. A Man and a Woman
9. Miracle Drug
10. Original of the Species
11. Smile

Are You Gonna Wait Forever?, Neon Lights, One Step Closer, and Yahweh become B-sides.

My first post was in Babyface Cafe, my second in the baseball thread talking about the Phillies in May 2006. Good times.

I think OOTS' only problem, like LAPOE, is its lyrical failure. But that plagues most of recent U2 songs.

It also sounds twinkly, like some flaky pop song by Boyzone or whoever.

I think HTDAAB really could have been a good deal better than it was, simply through using Native Son, Smile, the alternate ABOY, Fast Cars on all editions, and Electrical Storm like you mention.

Kiwi biscuits that top Tim Tams for goodness.
wth.gif

:giggle: back before the upgrade, i read my early posts and i sounded like a dork. but i still am a dork, so :hmm:

i love how old posts are full of red xs and such because the smilies don't show up anymore :lol: cuz that was from before not this past upgrade, but the one they did before that. i remember how different the forum looked when i first signed up.

ooh, you should!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom