Paw Paw, West Virginia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it's been a ghost town tonight. Seems most of the Aussie/Kiwi crew isn't around, and of course most of you folk in the US don't tend to show for a bit yet.

Not really, but I'll deal.

It's just been one of those weeks, you know? Nothing is going the way you want it to, and all you can do is hope the tide turns at some point. :shrug:

How are you today?

Yeah, I've certainly had those weeks.

But you knew that already. :wink:

I have to do a software application demo at 1 today for some people. I hate doing presentations.

I just listened to the U2 version of Night and Day, and noticed that Bono changed some of the lyrics. I said something about rating IGC lower than ISHFWILF being against the law, but that's just a joke. Fucking up Cole Porter lyrics, however, should be illegal.

I just listened to the U2 version of Night and Day, and noticed that Bono changed some of the lyrics. I said something about rating IGC lower than ISHFWILF being against the law, but that's just a joke. Fucking up Cole Porter lyrics, however, should be illegal.

It's Bono: do you really expect him to get lyrics right? If he can't get his own lyrics right, why would he nail Porter's! :laugh:

And have you seen the tracklisting for the remastered October and War releases? I genuinely thought they were a bad prank when I first saw them posted.

It's Bono: do you really expect him to get lyrics right? If he can't get his own lyrics right, why would he nail Porter's! :laugh:

And have you seen the tracklisting for the remastered October and War releases? I genuinely thought they were a bad prank when I first saw them posted.

Oh I know, but the changes seem intentional and COMPLETELY unnecessary. Like saying 'baby' instead of 'darling'. If Porter wanted it to be 'baby', maybe he would have made it that?

Yes, I saw them. I felt a bit sick. They don't look much fun. :(

War is particularly disappointing.

Oh I know, but the changes seem intentional and COMPLETELY unnecessary. Like saying 'baby' instead of 'darling'. If Porter wanted it to be 'baby', maybe he would have made it that?

Yes, I saw them. I felt a bit sick. They don't look much fun. :(

Oh, that just makes me think of the stupid "let's change U2's image" thing of Bono singing "baby" because he'd supposedly never done it (funny, I thought Spanish Eyes was a U2 song?). But yeah, that's silly and pointless.

I'm still excited about the remasters since it's from the era of U2 that I like, but I know for a fact that they could be considerably better, so it's rather a letdown.

Unfortunately, no. Haven't seen it online yet.

But the local record store had a copy of the new remastered Lightbulb Sun, and it sounds awesome.

Oooh, awesome. I'll have to look for it online. Any particularly notable improvements?

Seriously. Three bonus discs in all and only two never before heard songs. :tsk:

That made my day start on a bad note. :down:

Two never before heard songs? By my count, three. Two unheard tracks on Boy and one on War. I didn't expect anything from October, since it's no secret they didn't actually have the chance to record more, and I'm actually surprised there's an unreleased track from War. But what they have chosen for the bonus tracks just ... leaves me empty. It's so insubstantial. How many mixes of New Year's Day do we need? At least use some demos, early versions, and stuff like that so we can see how the songs developed.

And October's just seems like a mishmash, like nobody even put any thought into how the songs should go together. It's just like U2:18 - it appears they gave a list of songs to a babboon and let it throw them into whatever order it felt like.

Oh, that just makes me think of the stupid "let's change U2's image" thing of Bono singing "baby" because he'd supposedly never done it (funny, I thought Spanish Eyes was a U2 song?). But yeah, that's silly and pointless.

I'm still excited about the remasters since it's from the era of U2 that I like, but I know for a fact that they could be considerably better, so it's rather a letdown.

Argh! Why couldn't U2 just crash their bus and die in 1990! Is making me so angry they didn't!

I'm kidding but yeah, what a stinker.

I feel the exact same way about the remasters. I just really hope the TUF one is good, though. And that the RaH one comes with a special never before seen Lovetown DVD.

The Red Rocks dvd is about as much excitement as I can muster for any of these rereleases. :shrug:

Until Achtung Baby. :drool:

Achtung Baby is where I lose interest! :lol:

Zooropa should be interesting, though. I'd love to see In Cold Blood finally get released. But then I thought The Dream Is Over would be a certainty for Boy and it's not there, so ...

Argh! Why couldn't U2 just crash their bus and die in 1990! Is making me so angry they didn't!

I'm kidding but yeah, what a stinker.

I feel the exact same way about the remasters. I just really hope the TUF one is good, though. And that the RaH one comes with a special never before seen Lovetown DVD.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I wish they had in fact broken up during the Achtung Baby sessions in Berlin. I would miss Passengers, though ...

I'm starting to expect UF to be a fuck-up too, but at least they can't fuck it up too badly due to the wealth of b-sides already out there that we'll finally get collected in one package. As for RAH, they need to stop sitting on the video footage of Lovetown Sydney and just release the fucking thing already! 18/11/89 was undeniably one of their best concerts ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom