Paw Paw, West Virginia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not too sure yet. Guess just a lot of walking around the city, really. Not so much on the outskirts of town? I'll be with my brother for most of the time and I wanted to catch up with another guy I know there, but if I'm alone and bored, sure this won't be a problem. :up:

Ah, cool. :up: I'm sure there's plenty to do around the central city. I know I could kill hours in the Botanical Gardens and the National Gallery - I just need to drag somebody along one day. Otherwise, my knowledge of stuff to do in this city is rather unfortunately limited to where you can see cool railed stuff!

I can just see you ending up in the most Greek parts of the city and disappearing for a couple of days ... :wink:

Ah, cool. :up: I'm sure there's plenty to do around the central city. I know I could kill hours in the Botanical Gardens and the National Gallery - I just need to drag somebody along one day. Otherwise, my knowledge of stuff to do in this city is rather unfortunately limited to where you can see cool railed stuff!

I can just see you ending up in the most Greek parts of the city and disappearing for a couple of days ... :wink:

I'd love to go to the National Gallery with you. :up: Not sure if my brother would be massively interested because I like spending plenty of time there. Plus the souvenir shops in art galleries tend to have great books. So if that sounds like your idea of a good time, feel free to tag along! :wink:

I probably will end up doing that, but I don't think it's very hard to miss the Greek parts of Melbourne, since it's Thessaloniki junior. Also, do you know of any good Middle Eastern restaurants? I figure there should be a few, as the first time I ate falafel was in Melbourne.

I'd love to go to the National Gallery with you. :up: Not sure if my brother would be massively interested because I like spending plenty of time there. Plus the souvenir shops in art galleries tend to have great books. So if that sounds like your idea of a good time, feel free to tag along! :wink:

I probably will end up doing that, but I don't think it's very hard to miss the Greek parts of Melbourne, since it's Thessaloniki junior. Also, do you know of any good Middle Eastern restaurants? I figure there should be a few, as the first time I ate falafel was in Melbourne.

Ooh, sounds like fun. You could probably point out cool stuff to me too. I always feel like I cruise through art galleries and miss the interesting stuff. Depending on when you go, I imagine we could coax Ali or Melissa or U-Wen into coming too. U-Wen and I have said in the past that we need to pay the National Gallery a visit.

And I'm the last person you should ask for restaurant recommendations - in fact, to be perfectly honest, I'm so clueless that I should probably be getting recommendations for restaurants off you! :lol:

Just wait for a few of the yankees to get here. Ian would be asleep by now, wouldn't he?

Well, it's only 11:15pm in New Zealand! In my world at least, that's "yeah, still got two hours before bed, minimum"! :laugh:

Well, it's only 11:15pm in New Zealand! In my world at least, that's "yeah, still got two hours before bed, minimum"! :laugh:

Right, but Ian always seems to go to bed early. :lol:

And despite the fact I have no lessons tomorrow, I can't stay up all night 'cause I have a driving lesson at midday. Still be around a while longer yet, though.

Ooh, sounds like fun. You could probably point out cool stuff to me too. I always feel like I cruise through art galleries and miss the interesting stuff. Depending on when you go, I imagine we could coax Ali or Melissa or U-Wen into coming too. U-Wen and I have said in the past that we need to pay the National Gallery a visit.

And I'm the last person you should ask for restaurant recommendations - in fact, to be perfectly honest, I'm so clueless that I should probably be getting recommendations for restaurants off you! :lol:

I'm not sure how much cool stuff I can point out, I tend to forget a lot of artist's names. :silent: Maybe it'll work out on the day, though.

So, U-Wen - is that his name? Really?

Right, but Ian always seems to go to bed early. :lol:

And despite the fact I have no lessons tomorrow, I can't stay up all night 'cause I have a driving lesson at midday. Still be around a while longer yet, though.

He's stayed up past 3am some nights! I think his latest nights on the thread give my latest nights a run for their money. I think I just do it more consistently, i.e. every night.

I read that as "drinking lesson"! :lmao:

I'm not sure how much cool stuff I can point out, I tend to forget a lot of artist's names. :silent: Maybe it'll work out on the day, though.

So, U-Wen - is that his name? Really?

Yeah, but you at least know stuff about painting technique and art in the first place - and can actually see!

And yep, the Maj. is U-Wen, a Sinofication of Euan.

He's stayed up past 3am some nights! I think his latest nights on the thread give my latest nights a run for their money. I think I just do it more consistently, i.e. every night.

I read that as "drinking lesson"! :lmao:

You're so lucky you don't have to wake up early in the mornings. Fuck, it's basically impossible for me. :lol:

:laugh: I could say I'm having one later on in the day, but unfortunately my eejit friend has decided nothing is going to be happening tomorrow night at all.

You're so lucky you don't have to wake up early in the mornings. Fuck, it's basically impossible for me. :lol:

:laugh: I could say I'm having one later on in the day, but unfortunately my eejit friend has decided nothing is going to be happening tomorrow night at all.

I'm really hoping I don't get stuck with early classes next semester. I've no idea how I'd make the adjustment. I've very quickly gotten comfortable with this whole "midnight = early" thing.

:down: to loser friends. Meanwhile, I've managed to walk into Friday night plans of pizza, drinking, and Fawlty Towers.

This is where I have to disagree. :shame:

Though sometimes his whole demeanour and status in the music world pisses me off.

Oh shit! :lol:

I just can't stand him. Tried to listen to Illinois and any potential of ever developing insomnia in my life was warded off by about the sixth or seventh track!

Oh shit! :lol:

I just can't stand him. Tried to listen to Illinois and any potential of ever developing insomnia in my life was warded off by about the sixth or seventh track!

Best tracks on Illinois:

the first three
Casimir Pulaski Day (I can perfectly understand why someone would think it's boring, though)
Chicago
The Man of Metropolis
uh shit what's the tracklisting again fuck
The Tallest Man, The Broadest Shoulders

I can't remember. But the point is, Michigan is a better album anyway. It has a whole different feel to it that I dig more, and doesn't have so many interludes that are a pain to skip through on my iPod.

I'm really hoping I don't get stuck with early classes next semester. I've no idea how I'd make the adjustment. I've very quickly gotten comfortable with this whole "midnight = early" thing.

:down: to loser friends. Meanwhile, I've managed to walk into Friday night plans of pizza, drinking, and Fawlty Towers.

Yeah, I'm still sort of in my frame of mind from the holidays when I always slept in. I get in a good routine, and then it starts all over again. It's very annoying. I think I need a part time job or something to keep me on my toes.

I've got a feeling my Friday night, and quite possibly my Saturday night, will now be much like that. :lol:

Best tracks on Illinois:

the first three
Casimir Pulaski Day (I can perfectly understand why someone would think it's boring, though)
Chicago
The Man of Metropolis
uh shit what's the tracklisting again fuck
The Tallest Man, The Broadest Shoulders

I can't remember. But the point is, Michigan is a better album anyway. It has a whole different feel to it that I dig more, and doesn't have so many interludes that are a pain to skip through on my iPod.

I don't even know where my MP3s of Illinois are now. I once burnt a data DVD with all these albums I never played; it probably went on there and I've now no damn clue where the fuck that DVD actually is. It has a couple of albums I now want to hear too!

The interludes on Illinois pissed me off only slightly less than some of the really dumb song titles (and I don't just mean the obnoxiously long ones, a couple of which were actually sort of amusing).

Yeah, I'm still sort of in my frame of mind from the holidays when I always slept in. I get in a good routine, and then it starts all over again. It's very annoying. I think I need a part time job or something to keep me on my toes.

I've got a feeling my Friday night, and quite possibly my Saturday night, will now be much like that. :lol:

I used to get up really early. 6am early. But over university, my schedule has just gradually changed, partly fuelled by the fact I work better at night. And then my schedule this semester pretty much fits perfectly with the schedule I developed over the last holidays! If I end up with a 10am class next semester, I will honestly be very tempted to change it.

See, unlike you, my Friday will end at around 9pm and I'll be back here by 10pm. :wink:

Oh, totally randomly: at the tute-at-the-pub today, it was decided that I need a pipe just to complete my image as an academic stereotype.

Oh, They Are Night Zombies is good too. But I need to rush this 'cause my brother and I are going to watch The Roaring Twenties (again), a James Cagney/Humphrey Bogart movie from the late thirties. It's about a hundred minutes long, so I'll be back after that. Au revoir. :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom