Paw Paw, West Virginia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:D Glad to see you Tourist, but....

It is wonderful, because I have so much music and I am finally actually listening to a good portion of it! In fact, while here posting on break at work, I'm listening to The Fragile by Nine Inch Nails.

Dear God, that record is horrible. :yikes:

It's better than With Teeth. :shrug:

I wouldn't know, as I've only heard The Hand That Feeds from that one. All I know is that the lyrics on the Fragile are probably his worst, and the beats aren't as good as the Downward Spiral's, which is actually a pretty good record.

And anyway, you'd be happy with the Beck kick I just finished. I listened to Guero, The Information, Midnite Vultures, and Guerlito over the last three days.

And anyway, you'd be happy with the Beck kick I just finished. I listened to Guero, The Information, Midnite Vultures, and Guerlito over the last three days.

Guerolito is pretty good. I'm surprised you came across it, as it didn't sell that well. The Hell Yes mix on there is far superior to Guero's IMO.

Midnite Vultures is one of my favorite albums, period.

Did the funeral go ok?

Well, as luck would have it, when my mom called the funeral home to ask about visitation hours she learned the services had already happened, at 3 this afternoon. :doh:

So we went to dinner and picked up a sympathy card on the way back. Would have been nice of my father to have left a voicemail telling me that, but those are the breaks.

Then when I came home I got a reply to an email I sent before I left work this afternoon... I had a feeling it would say what it said, but still...

Ever feel like you want to just run away and never come back?

Maybe I ought to go to the bar thread... :lol:

Well, as luck would have it, when my mom called the funeral home to ask about visitation hours she learned the services had already happened, at 3 this afternoon. :doh:

So we went to dinner and picked up a sympathy card on the way back. Would have been nice of my father to have left a voicemail telling me that, but those are the breaks.

Then when I came home I got a reply to an email I sent before I left work this afternoon... I had a feeling it would say what it said, but still...

Ever feel like you want to just run away and never come back?

Maybe I ought to go to the bar thread... :lol:

What, the funeral was earlier and he never told you? Oh geez...

Run away and never come back? Oh never. :lol:

What, the funeral was earlier and he never told you? Oh geez...

Run away and never come back? Oh never. :lol:

So, you've felt this way before, then, eh? :wink:

Yeah, my father is a real piece of work. Which is why I am well prepared to ignore the barrage of calls that will surely be filling my voicemail in the next few weeks, demanding I take him to dinner for father's day, a holiday which I don't think he gets is for men who actually oh, I don't know, contribute to their child's life meaningfully. :shrug:

So, you've felt this way before, then, eh? :wink:

Perhaps. :wink:

Yeah, my father is a real piece of work. Which is why I am well prepared to ignore the barrage of calls that will surely be filling my voicemail in the next few weeks, demanding I take him to dinner for father's day, a holiday which I don't think he gets is for men who actually oh, I don't know, contribute to their child's life meaningfully. :shrug:

Well, I'm sorry to hear that things haven't been going well between the two of you. I know you were working hard for that relationship to exist previously, so it must really be painful for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom