Paw Paw, West Virginia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it never materialized.

If it works out though, I could see it for 2009. They are the last major touring act not to hit the Fens.

My favourite were the people in 2006 claiming that U2 were totally going to play Fenway Park, despite the whole "we're not touring right now" thing. :laugh:

And let's hope they at least do stadiums next time around in the US. Playing seven gigs in Boston and eight in NYC is a bit ridiculous when both cities have perfectly playable stadiums.

Excepting that awkward period where I couldn't speak intelligible words for the first 6 months, the only name I've ever had that was out of the ordinary for any family member is Grammy. :giggle: Other than that, just the usual stuff.

Mee-Maw pisses me off and I've never even heard anyone say that before.
awww, and i (used to) have a granny. so, we're almost twins! :hi5:

apparently, when i was first learning my words, my dad wasn't dad, he was dadadadadadadadadadada

maybe i was trying to ask for books about dadaism? :hmm:

Shame Vazza isn't around right now. I remember her absolutely blasting Lichens, the opener at the EITS gig she saw. On a community I follow on LJ, somebody just posted a Lichens album, raving about the guy, so after laughing, I just had to download it. :laugh:

:lol:

Yeah, that's why I asked "seriously?!", since it seems like something somebody in the South would actually do. "Aww shit, our parents have been through so many divorces, what's little Jim-Bob going to call his new grandpa?" "How's about Hee Haw?" "Yeah, that's good thinkg Billy Ray!"
:giggle:

god, between me having a (sliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight) southern accent, and my ability to TOTALLY do an over the top one, i can picture these sentences in my head being said by some redneck in the back of his truck wearing a wifebeater :yuck:

Ah, but i never claimed to be a U2 venues expert.

I thought they may have played Fenway on Zoo TV because they did Yankee Stadium. But i guess they played Foxboro instead.

Yeah, I was figuring they'd probably hit Fenway on ZooTV or Popmart, but no, just Foxboro.

My favourite were the people in 2006 claiming that U2 were totally going to play Fenway Park, despite the whole "we're not touring right now" thing. :laugh:

And let's hope they at least do stadiums next time around in the US. Playing seven gigs in Boston and eight in NYC is a bit ridiculous when both cities have perfectly playable stadiums.

Well, one of the local papers at the time had a small blurb about it, which got everyone who lives around here in a frenzy. I believe I merely commented that while I'd love for it to be true, there was just no way it was happening given it was 2006.

And yes, I agree regarding stadiums. Two or three shows at Fenway would help with that.

Well, one of the local papers at the time had a small blurb about it, which got everyone who lives around here in a frenzy. I believe I merely commented that while I'd love for it to be true, there was just no way it was happening given it was 2006.

And yes, I agree regarding stadiums. Two or three shows at Fenway would help with that.

I love these unsubstantiated newspaper blurbs that get everybody all excited. The 20+ gigs at London's O2 Arena rumour is just classic. Or when you get somebody from some random country Paul McGuinness doesn't even know exists going on about how "OMG LOCAL PROMOTERS CONTACTING U2 THEY'RE SO GOING TO PLAY HERE THIS YEAR!" and fervently believe it.

The one newspaper rumour that I really wish had been true was U2 playing Wellington's Events Centre. Sure, it's a pig of a venue, but it would've been the smallest venue U2 have played (at least as far as full tour concerts go) since the fuckin' Point Depot!

I love these unsubstantiated newspaper blurbs that get everybody all excited. The 20+ gigs at London's O2 Arena rumour is just classic. Or when you get somebody from some random country Paul McGuinness doesn't even know exists going on about how "OMG LOCAL PROMOTERS CONTACTING U2 THEY'RE SO GOING TO PLAY HERE THIS YEAR!" and fervently believe it.

The one newspaper rumour that I really wish had been true was U2 playing Wellington's Events Centre. Sure, it's a pig of a venue, but it would've been the smallest venue U2 have played (at least as far as full tour concerts go) since the fuckin' Point Depot!

How would the Vector Arena (capacity 9000 or so - rumoured in 2005) have rated in the U2 venues list?

So what is the deal with this U2 MP3? What do people think? I've totally avoided the thread since about three days before the link was posted.

I'm guessing people are mostly reserving opinions since it's probably a low quality clip and then people like Rob and Peterrrrr are claiming Bono's voice is in its greatest form since 15 or 20 years ago.

But what do people think? Is it a new sound?

So what is the deal with this U2 MP3? What do people think? I've totally avoided the thread since about three days before the link was posted.

I'm guessing people are mostly reserving opinions since it's probably a low quality clip and then people like Rob and Peterrrrr are claiming Bono's voice is in its greatest form since 15 or 20 years ago.

I don't know, i haven't listened.

Look, I realize the qualities low, and there are cars in the way, and maybe I should listen a few more times, but Philly, it sounds to me like absolutely nothing new :shrug:

How would the Vector Arena (capacity 9000 or so - rumoured in 2005) have rated in the U2 venues list?

Not 100% sure if it would've been the smallest since the Point Depot, but it'd be bloody pushing it. If I remember correctly, a couple of the third leg Elevation venues could do only about 9,000-10,000 (Baltimore?). I'm not clear on how many some of the arenas hit on ZooTV could hold, especially the European ones, but the Events Centre would've definitely been smaller than any of them. I just loved the idea of them having to do about six concerts in Wellington! :lol:

Oh, the London 02 rumor was priceless. We even had multiple threads for that one.

You can't even tell what the hell it is. Yes, at times you can hear a bit, but how people can give pinpoint analysis from that is absolutely hysterical.

You couldn't be more correct.

I listened to it once. Could barely tell a thing, but I didn't feel like there was anything radically new hidden behind the poor quality.

You can't even tell what the hell it is. Yes, at times you can hear a bit, but how people can give pinpoint analysis from that is absolutely hysterical.

that's true. I think what's irking me is the guitar, which is pretty much the most audible thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom