Paw Paw, West Virginia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't mind Fenway Park. How many U2 fans live in Fenway Park? Which is one of the ideas behind the thread, not just general dodgyness.

U2 have PLAYED at Fenway Park, so I think that rather defeats that idea behind the thread! :laugh:

(Now watch as they go and play Inaccessible Island ...)

U2 have PLAYED at Fenway Park, so I think that rather defeats that idea behind the thread! :laugh:

(Now watch as they go and play Inaccessible Island ...)
:ohmy: That's very 'Lost', we'll have to watch out for the others :yes:

oooh, i have to quote this again...

the whole southern person/grandfather thing.....ooh!! that incenses me!!! i hate paw paw, mee maw, hee haw, all those stupid nicknames for grandparents.

:lol: Yeah, I've always thought that it sounded really stupid, so that was why I was especially surprised to see this location - it's the first thing that comes to mind, not the fruit.

And hee haw, seriously?!

i know! :scream: whenever i see greeting cards under the grandparents section with the name mee maw, it seriously angers me. i guess living in the south, it's just one of those things that's really got to me! mee maw...it makes no sense! just call her grandma :scream:

I've NEVER heard those names before :yikes: It's all just wrong. We have Nana, Gran, Grandma, Pop, Grandad etc....quite normal.

oooh, i have to quote this again...

the whole southern person/grandfather thing.....ooh!! that incenses me!!! i hate paw paw, mee maw, hee haw, all those stupid nicknames for grandparents.

i had quite a few grandparents due to my mom's parents divorcing (like before i was even born, lol) and then remarrying, so i had five grandparents. so i had to get creative. but mee maw and paw paw? no. never crossed my three year old mind. i called them grandma, grandpa, mom-mom bernie (i always added her name, dunno why), pop-pop, and granny.

NO MEE MAWS!!! :madwife:

HERE HERE!

I've NEVER heard those names before :yikes: It's all just wrong. We have Nana, Gran, Grandma, Pop, Grandad etc....quite normal.

I always thought "Pop" was pretty daft myself. It sounds almost like an insult!

Personally, I have Nan, Grandad, Grandma, and Grandpa.

:lol: Yeah, I've always thought that it sounded really stupid, so that was why I was especially surprised to see this location - it's the first thing that comes to mind, not the fruit.

And hee haw, seriously?!
hehe yeah, i have to admit when i think of this city (which, like lemel, i've driven past) i think of someone with a west virginian accent (gotta be a wv accent) going "paw paw." i picture huckleberry - the dog, not the literary character or the fruit :hmm:

and i was kidding about the hee haw part, i always add that when i rant cuz it wouldn't surprise me if someone added that cuz it makes about as much sense as mee maw and paw paw.

mom's parents were Granma and Granpa

Dad's parents are Granma Sandy and Granpa Bill

(apparently I saw granma and granpa funny so I decided to spell it the way I pronounce it)

I always thought "Pop" was pretty daft myself. It sounds almost like an insult!

Personally, I have Nan, Grandad, Grandma, and Grandpa.

:lol:

Both my grandfathers were Pop. Really suited them too. My Dad is known as Poppa. My hubby's grandfather is still alive and he's Grandad. Grandad seems a lot more formal to me after growing up with Pop.

i know! :scream: whenever i see greeting cards under the grandparents section with the name mee maw, it seriously angers me. i guess living in the south, it's just one of those things that's really got to me! mee maw...it makes no sense! just call her grandma :scream:

Excepting that awkward period where I couldn't speak intelligible words for the first 6 months, the only name I've ever had that was out of the ordinary for any family member is Grammy. :giggle: Other than that, just the usual stuff.

Mee-Maw pisses me off and I've never even heard anyone say that before.

hehe yeah, i have to admit when i think of this city (which, like lemel, i've driven past) i think of someone with a west virginian accent (gotta be a wv accent) going "paw paw." i picture huckleberry - the dog, not the literary character or the fruit :hmm:

and i was kidding about the hee haw part, i always add that when i rant cuz it wouldn't surprise me if someone added that cuz it makes about as much sense as mee maw and paw paw.

Yeah, that's why I asked "seriously?!", since it seems like something somebody in the South would actually do. "Aww shit, our parents have been through so many divorces, what's little Jim-Bob going to call his new grandpa?" "How's about Hee Haw?" "Yeah, that's good thinkg Billy Ray!"

Both my grandfathers were Pop. Really suited them too. My Dad is known as Poppa. My hubby's grandfather is still alive and he's Grandad. Grandad seems a lot more formal to me after growing up with Pop.

When I was first learning to talk, Grandad was Da or Dada, but that quickly became Grandad once I could pronounce it. I've always preferred it - for whatever reason, in my mind, it only gets more formal if you spell it Granddad.

Huh? They've never played at Fenway Park.

Oh, I thought they had. But now that I think about it, I was just thinking of all those rumours around the time of the Vertigo Tour about how "OMG U2 WILL PLAY FENWAY!!!"

Oh, I thought they had. But now that I think about it, I was just thinking of all those rumours around the time of the Vertigo Tour about how "OMG U2 WILL PLAY FENWAY!!!"

Yeah, it never materialized.

If it works out though, I could see it for 2009. They are the last major touring act not to hit the Fens.

I don't know how good it is, but progarchives.com seems to generate a lot of interest.

I've never really even looked there. The format of the site in general has put me off using it as a resource. It just seems clunky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom