Paw Paw, West Virginia Superthread - Page 54 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-30-2008, 10:53 AM   #796
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryMullen's POPAngel View Post
Tomatoes, and mustard and cheese.... Ok, guys, stop.
So I better not tell you about the gelati I had for dessert tonight then?

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-30-2008, 10:53 AM   #797
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:47 AM
Heya Vaz and Mia!

Old 05-30-2008, 10:54 AM   #798
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
Heya Vaz and Mia!
fuck yeah!
Old 05-30-2008, 10:56 AM   #799
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varitek View Post
i hate when loud shit outside the window wakes me up
Because where I live is shockingly planned, the steps to the upper floor of apartments are right by my bedroom wall. It seems like the upstairs apartments are populated by baby elephants too! Good god, they veritably thunder down every morning. But now I've tuned out that noise and it doesn't wake me like it did for my first month or two here, thankfully.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-30-2008, 10:58 AM   #800
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Fuck Freo. Nice to see them get beaten by the Demons.

The Super 14 is intended to be at least reasonably representative of its teams' constituent areas - i.e. Wellingtonians playing for Wellington rather than Otago or Canterbury, and I don't think it's possible for a Kiwi to play for an Aussie or South African team. I like that aspect, though it has meant New Zealand has absolutely dominated the tournament. Only once has there not been a single Kiwi team in the semi-finals.

Nah, I couldn't give two hoots about the NRL - league's not my thing, I think it's a pansy sport for wimps like Ian.
Oh yeah, Freo can get fucked all the way.

Yeah, I like the idea of local boys playing for the teams representing their area. That's one thing I like less about the AFL, even if the overall drafting is a bit more effective. How many Kiwi teams are there all up?

I was thinking of watching some NRL, just to get a little more used to the concept of Rugby, even if League is dumbed down. There hasn't been an Adelaide team in years though, and most of the teams are in a state I don't give a shit about. Suppose I could go for the Warriors if I wanted to get into it at all.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:59 AM   #801
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
I think I found a kindred spirit.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:01 AM   #802
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varitek View Post
i hate when loud shit outside the window wakes me up
The birds outside were fucking loud this morning, I tell ya.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:01 AM   #803
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Oh yes, there were more some more conservative friends of mine too, but at middle school they ended up leaving to attend a new Christian school further down in the peninsula. Quite a few of my friends and cousins went down there, which left me with a group of people I couldn't connect to as well, despite having more liberal (if underdeveloped) views at the time. I never really felt like I belonged in the Christian or the more party-loving sides of town, though. That's one thing I hated about living in a country town, the lack of variety.

Ham will definitely work with the mustard/bbq sauce. As for roma tomatoes - well, let's just say that whenever a pasta sauce is made at this house, you can bet romas will be used. There's like, no other option!

Haloumi is a Greek cheese, particularly Cypriot. It's usually pan fried and doesn't melt much, if at all. The cooked result is a beautiful golden brown colour, and the taste is immediate, very salty and savoury. The texture is very rubbery. It goes great in yiros, or on its own with tzatziki.
See, I ended up with the conservative crowd by going to a nominally religious private school. There were those of us there because the state system sucked, and those of us there because their parents actually gave a shit about religion. Oddly enough, my best friend was there due to the former but became one of those types to give a shit about religion. His father is appalled by this development and is making sure his other two kids stay well and truly in the state system!

And I never managed to fit into the Gold Coast culture whatsoever. Every section of it was lame. At least I don't feel stupidly out of place here in Melbourne. Out of place, probably, but stupidly, no.

I'm going shopping tomorrow, so I may just pick up a little bit of shredded ham. Trying to think of other stuff to include; maybe some onion, but that's a bastard to prepare. And yeah, if you're making pasta sauce with tomatoes other than roma, you're doing it wrong! I once mistakenly bought the wrong tomatoes for a bolognese sauce - oh god, with Australian tomatoes, it was FOUL.

Oooh, haloumi sounds like it must be awesome.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-30-2008, 11:02 AM   #804
Blue Crack Addict

btw, in case anyone missed it, Khan and i have a drunk posting date tonight (our time). i love orgies, so i'm inviting you all to partake as well
i refrained from drinking yesterday because of the circumstances. but tonight i'm making that liter of absolut my bitch.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:05 AM   #805
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
So I better not tell you about the gelati I had for dessert tonight then?

Evil, man...

Quote:
Originally Posted by phanan View Post
The birds outside were fucking loud this morning, I tell ya.
No kidding. I woke up late and had to drag my ass in today.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:06 AM   #806
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by unico View Post
btw, in case anyone missed it, Khan and i have a drunk posting date tonight (our time). i love orgies, so i'm inviting you all to partake as well
i refrained from drinking yesterday because of the circumstances. but tonight i'm making that liter of absolut my bitch.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:09 AM   #807
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Oh yeah, Freo can get fucked all the way.

Yeah, I like the idea of local boys playing for the teams representing their area. That's one thing I like less about the AFL, even if the overall drafting is a bit more effective. How many Kiwi teams are there all up?

I was thinking of watching some NRL, just to get a little more used to the concept of Rugby, even if League is dumbed down. There hasn't been an Adelaide team in years though, and most of the teams are in a state I don't give a shit about. Suppose I could go for the Warriors if I wanted to get into it at all.
Who the hell calls a team the "Dockers"? And their team song is quite possibly worse than half of Britney Spears' discography put together.

I know I've spoken before about how I find it weird in AFL how people rarely seem to support the team from where they live, and I suppose the mobility of the players affects that too. I think it definitely makes it harder for newcomers to get into the game. In the Super 14, there are five Kiwi teams - always have been. When it was the Super 12, there were four South African teams and three Aussie teams; since the expansion to the Super 14, South Africa and Australia have had one more team each.

Nah, fuck the league. Rugby's where it's at - and the international season gets under way next month. The Wallabies' first game is against Ireland on the 14th (New Zealand plays the Irish the week beforehand too). While you're in Melbourne, one game's on, Australia vs France on the 28th. I'll surely be trying to get together people to watch the game/drink wine/eat cheese and crackers and stuff. I'll likely fail, but I'll still try!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-30-2008, 11:11 AM   #808
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by unico View Post
Ooh, that'd make, uh, around midday-afternoon for Aussie/Kiwis the drinking hours, I think? Maybe I can discreetly drink a little glass of absinthe.

Oh, and Mia! I am wondering how to finish a bottle of mezcal. Do you know any good shots or cocktails I can do with it?
Old 05-30-2008, 11:13 AM   #809
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Ooh, that'd make, uh, around midday-afternoon for Aussie/Kiwis the drinking hours, I think? Maybe I can discreetly drink a little glass of absinthe.

Oh, and Mia! I am wondering how to finish a bottle of mezcal. Do you know any good shots or cocktails I can do with it?
I have a bit of wine here at home, maybe I'll join in too.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-30-2008, 11:15 AM   #810
Blue Crack Addict

For those of you who haven't eaten haloumi before, here's a picture of it on top of some salad (which is irrelevant).

Tags
superthread