Paw Paw, West Virginia Superthread - Page 52 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-30-2008, 09:42 AM   #766
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Fucking hell, the Demons got close to someone?
Actually, Melbourne didn't get thrashed by the Hawks last week, so there you go!

Old 05-30-2008, 09:43 AM   #767
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryMullen's POPAngel View Post
Ok, no more e-mail checking for the remainder of the day. :hasnowillpower:
Why? What kind of email are you expecting?

Old 05-30-2008, 09:46 AM   #768
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
You keep mentioning that Ata Rangi stuff so much that even I - someone who tends to ignore wine - would really love to try it. I'm not sure how immediately different it'd taste to someone who thinks most wines taste the same, though.

I love that sort of thing too. It's kind of corny, but it's fun. That's why that fake restaurant menu I wrote ages ago that I think I told you about for some reason has pizzas named after Greek gods. I can't flaw it. Also, the Appolon sounds delicious:
Apollon
Hot pepperoni, jalapenos, capsicum, chilli, ground beef with spices, fetta, black olives and herbs on fresh tomato and garlic sauce.

I'm gonna have to make it one day.
It's probably just because I grew up on the stuff. It was my first favourite wine, back when I was seven or so. That was back when Martinborough was only just starting to establish itself as a wine-growing region and now Ata Rangi's one of the leading vineyards, so I think I was onto a winner! Personally, I tend to enjoy really dry wines, but it seems most people not so into wine are more inclined the other way. I discovered at the pub yesterday that if a red wine isn't dry enough, drink it while eating wedges dipped in sweet chilli sauce and suddenly it becomes the perfect accompaniment!

Fuck, that sounds like an awesome pizza. I'm going to have to make that too. Shame it'll probably be too cold to have an Interferencers pizza picnic in the Botanical Gardens or anything!

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-30-2008, 09:49 AM   #769
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Actually, Melbourne didn't get thrashed by the Hawks last week, so there you go!
Oh? How close was it?

I'm kind of sad. The Super 14 final is tomorrow night and I just can't give a shit. It's Canterbury, yet again. How many fucking Super 14 titles do they want to win? I don't really dislike Canterbury; it's just getting boring with them winning the tournament so often. And if they are somehow defeated, it'll be by the New South Wales Waratahs! Ugh.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-30-2008, 09:52 AM   #770
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by phanan View Post
Why? What kind of email are you expecting?

A reply to one I sent yesterday afternoon, hopefully.

Guy crap, always fun...
Old 05-30-2008, 09:54 AM   #771
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
It's probably just because I grew up on the stuff. It was my first favourite wine, back when I was seven or so. That was back when Martinborough was only just starting to establish itself as a wine-growing region and now Ata Rangi's one of the leading vineyards, so I think I was onto a winner! Personally, I tend to enjoy really dry wines, but it seems most people not so into wine are more inclined the other way. I discovered at the pub yesterday that if a red wine isn't dry enough, drink it while eating wedges dipped in sweet chilli sauce and suddenly it becomes the perfect accompaniment!

Fuck, that sounds like an awesome pizza. I'm going to have to make that too. Shame it'll probably be too cold to have an Interferencers pizza picnic in the Botanical Gardens or anything!
Ah, I can understand that. Actually, it's much the same as my love for port, since it was the first alcoholic drink I ever tasted. Red with wedges/sweet chilli sauce sounds delicious! I never thought of that.

I put a lot of care into the pizzas I wrote, even though I had no real intention of cooking them and will never own a restaurant anyway. But you know, when you're bored and inebriated, it's as good a thing to do as any.

This vegetarian one is another I might make:

Hermes
Haloumi, fetta, black olives, spinach, fresh tomato, onion and tzatziki.

Though I'm tempted to replace the tzatziki with a small layer of shaved parmesan and tomato sauce on the bottom.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:57 AM   #772
Blue Crack Distributor

You guys are making me hungry.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:57 AM   #773
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Oh? How close was it?

I'm kind of sad. The Super 14 final is tomorrow night and I just can't give a shit. It's Canterbury, yet again. How many fucking Super 14 titles do they want to win? I don't really dislike Canterbury; it's just getting boring with them winning the tournament so often. And if they are somehow defeated, it'll be by the New South Wales Waratahs! Ugh.
Twenty odd points? Everyone was expecting a thrashing - except Dan who thought they'd get within thirty! Smart kid, that one.

I don't know who the teams you're talking about are, but I figure it's similar to when Brisbane kept on winning GF's earlier on in the decade. I genuinely started to lose interest in the game during that time.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:58 AM   #774
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I'm making myself hungry, too!

Good thing I've already agreed on take away pizza tomorrow.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:02 AM   #775
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
A reply to one I sent yesterday afternoon, hopefully.

Guy crap, always fun...
Ah, ok.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:02 AM   #776
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Ah, I can understand that. Actually, it's much the same as my love for port, since it was the first alcoholic drink I ever tasted. Red with wedges/sweet chilli sauce sounds delicious! I never thought of that.

I put a lot of care into the pizzas I wrote, even though I had no real intention of cooking them and will never own a restaurant anyway. But you know, when you're bored and inebriated, it's as good a thing to do as any.

This vegetarian one is another I might make:

Hermes
Haloumi, fetta, black olives, spinach, fresh tomato, onion and tzatziki.

Though I'm tempted to replace the tzatziki with a small layer of shaved parmesan and tomato sauce on the bottom.
I totally need to try more port. I remember not really liking it that much when I first tried it around age 12-13, but my father had a bottle of 21 year old port on my 21st birthday and it was astonishingly good. Maybe next week, I'll try to find a bottle of port ...

You totally need to make these pizzas - they sound delicious! I'm bloody full right now and you're making my mouth water anyway. And with a fucking vegetarian pizza! I hate vegetarian pizzas normally. But that sounds damn good.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-30-2008, 10:02 AM   #777
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Two hours until Chinese time.

It's Friday.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:07 AM   #778
Blue Crack Addict

I'm off to do some reading and some sleeping.

Night Guys, and gals Have a nice weekend.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:08 AM   #779
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Twenty odd points? Everyone was expecting a thrashing - except Dan who thought they'd get within thirty! Smart kid, that one.

I don't know who the teams you're talking about are, but I figure it's similar to when Brisbane kept on winning GF's earlier on in the decade. I genuinely started to lose interest in the game during that time.
Ahh, right. I was getting the impression that even if the opposition didn't turn up, the Demons would still manage to lose.

The Super 14 has been going since 1996, and Canterbury has won it HALF THE BLOODY TIME. Auckland won the first two seasons, then since that point the ACT Brumbies have won it twice, the Natal Sharks once, Auckland once more and Canterbury SIX TIMES. Looking good for a seventh this year. Meanwhile, the best my Hurricanes have done is reach the grand final in 2006. Guess who we lost to? Yeah, fucking Canterbury.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-30-2008, 10:09 AM   #780
Vocal parasite

Have a good one, Daniel!

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread