Paw Paw, West Virginia Superthread - Page 51 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-30-2008, 09:28 AM   #751
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_man2002 View Post
Sounds like a plan. End Of June?, I've no idea. I'll keep my diary open!

Legally blind?, Free Travel?.....well thats kinda pretty cool I suppose. for The Free Travel anyway. Your almost better off getting a V-Line train to Seymour. They run basically hourly all day. Well...I guess that makes sense If I'm not going to be in Shepp.

Cause there is only about 2 Trains that run too and from shepparton daily.
How often are you down in Melbourne these days? Still just at weekends?

The frustrating part is that my vision essentially hasn't changed since I was a teenager, it's just that when I had it tested back then, it was just in controlled, clinical environments and nobody ever really emphasised that I'm fucked outside due to the photophobia. I certainly didn't think to emphasise it, as I thought legal blindness was based purely on how well I could read the eye chart. But at least that's all done NOW, so I don't have to keep buying monthly tram passes. It is a bit weird now thinking of myself as legally blind, but free travel? Rock the fuck on, legal blindness!

Fellow Albino Railfan and I plan to ride every one of the Victorian regional lines since we both have the free travel passes, so we'll definitely hit the Shepparton line one day. I'll let you know when I'm coming. As for Seymour, I'll be rocking through there in just over two weeks! We're doing a steam train excursion to Albury and it has a brief stopover in Seymour for locomotive refueling and stuff.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-30-2008, 09:29 AM   #752
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:43 PM
I thought we'd be out of Paw Paw by now.

You guys are slipping...

Old 05-30-2008, 09:29 AM   #753
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
The Tiges, despite being in the bottom half, actually give the better sides a bit of a shake every now and then. I hope that this year or next they can just get into the finals.
Along with Carlton (Even though I can't stand the Blues...)....I reckon they SHOULD both be 5th-8th Finishers next year.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:33 AM   #754
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
How often are you down in Melbourne these days? Still just at weekends?

Fellow Albino Railfan and I plan to ride every one of the Victorian regional lines since we both have the free travel passes, so we'll definitely hit the Shepparton line one day. I'll let you know when I'm coming. As for Seymour, I'll be rocking through there in just over two weeks! We're doing a steam train excursion to Albury and it has a brief stopover in Seymour for locomotive refueling and stuff.

I'm still just in Melbourne on Weekends. Usually Friday Nights till Sunday Arvo/Evening. Friday night would still be the best for me, if we did something. Although I'm starting to just travel via train, which means I'm an extra half hours travel out from the city. But if we plan ahead, I'll bring my car.

Seymour is a nice place. It would be cool going on A steam train. I've done puffing billy!...hehe. I need to move to seymour, seriously they run Trains every hour to and from the city pretty much till 11-12 at Night.......
Old 05-30-2008, 09:34 AM   #755
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Money is a thing, yeah. But getting a bottle of wine isn't the most expensive thing in the world, and if other people are helping with the food, it could be a lot worse. Think of people that actually go out on the town frequently. You're doing better than them for just as much fun.

I'm exactly the same with pizza. There are times when I prepare a beer that I've chosen specifically to have with the meal, but I get so stuck into the good food that I basically forget about the brew.

'The Moon' sounds pretty nice, good and basic... and it reminds me of this restaurant in Canberra called The Woodstock, I think, that I've been to a couple of times. They named their pizzas after zodiac signs! I remember the Leo being pretty nice.
Oh, I'm far too used to drinking wine at my father's place, and he has a cellar full of the stuff, and I mean really good stuff. To him, cheap wine is $40-50! I bet if I told him I bought a $13 pinot noir, he'd make some remark about buying swill! Goddamnit, I need him to send me some Ata Rangi pinot noir. That stuff is fucking amazing. And I picked some of the grapes for the 1996 vintage!

Hah, I love places that give their pizzas imaginative names. It's so much more interesting than the usual Hawaiian, Meatlovers, Americana, Vegetarian ...

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-30-2008, 09:34 AM   #756
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by phanan View Post
I thought we'd be out of Paw Paw by now.

You guys are slipping...
I was having a social life and unsuccessfully getting tipsy, thank you very much!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-30-2008, 09:35 AM   #757
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I was having a social life and unsuccessfully getting tipsy, thank you very much!
The horror. :gasp:
Old 05-30-2008, 09:36 AM   #758
Blue Crack Addict

Worlds Greatest Putts?....oh this is must see TV.......IF I WEREN'T TAKING THE PISS!
Old 05-30-2008, 09:36 AM   #759
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Well, I hate to Quote Mick Molloy, but they might be in for their best 9th Place Finish ever

They are currently 11th. 3 Wins, 5 Losses, 1 Draw. And Probably in for another loss this weekend against Sydney.
Quote:
The Tiges, despite being in the bottom half, actually give the better sides a bit of a shake every now and then. I hope that this year or next they can just get into the finals.
Got to admit, they seem pretty bloody mundane at the moment. Still haven't really gotten into following them yet. I'm more supporting them because my mother keeps on mentioning "your Tigers" on the phone to me!

And, of course, I'm totally behind the Fitzroy Lions. How are they doing at the moment?

Quote:
Crows beat Dons by five points. I think I tipped fifty points... so I was close!
Fucking hell, the Demons got close to someone?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-30-2008, 09:37 AM   #760
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Worlds Greatest Putts?....oh this is must see TV.......IF I WEREN'T TAKING THE PISS!
IT'S THE DEFINING TV SHOW OF OUR GENERATION, DANIEL.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-30-2008, 09:39 AM   #761
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Got to admit, they seem pretty bloody mundane at the moment. Still haven't really gotten into following them yet. I'm more supporting them because my mother keeps on mentioning "your Tigers" on the phone to me!

And, of course, I'm totally behind the Fitzroy Lions. How are they doing at the moment?

Fucking hell, the Demons got close to someone?
Dons = Essendon

Yeah they Tigers haven't been really any threating since 2001 when they almost made the Grand Final. Of Course Brisbane beat them, and they went on to smash Essendon.

Fitzroy....they're going about as good as Leeds United!
Old 05-30-2008, 09:40 AM   #762
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I'm still just in Melbourne on Weekends. Usually Friday Nights till Sunday Arvo/Evening. Friday night would still be the best for me, if we did something. Although I'm starting to just travel via train, which means I'm an extra half hours travel out from the city. But if we plan ahead, I'll bring my car.

Seymour is a nice place. It would be cool going on A steam train. I've done puffing billy!...hehe. I need to move to seymour, seriously they run Trains every hour to and from the city pretty much till 11-12 at Night.......
Ahh, righto. Well, we'll make sure we organise this thing well in advance - since the Maj. is the busiest man in Melbourne and your time is limited, we'll have to make sure it's all nicely co-ordinated rather than just thrown together at the last minute!

I did Puffing Billy last year, the lunch train, and it was awesome. This one is operated by SteamRail Victoria - two steam locomotives haul it from Melbourne to Seymour, then one is detached in Seymour as it's not needed to get the train to Albury. Should be a good day out.

What I love is that it's actually quicker to get from Spencer Street Station to Ballarat or Geelong than to some suburban destinations, and at night, the frequency to Geelong and the 'rat is probably better too!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-30-2008, 09:41 AM   #763
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:13 AM
Quote:
Oh, I'm far too used to drinking wine at my father's place, and he has a cellar full of the stuff, and I mean really good stuff. To him, cheap wine is $40-50! I bet if I told him I bought a $13 pinot noir, he'd make some remark about buying swill! Goddamnit, I need him to send me some Ata Rangi pinot noir. That stuff is fucking amazing. And I picked some of the grapes for the 1996 vintage!

Hah, I love places that give their pizzas imaginative names. It's so much more interesting than the usual Hawaiian, Meatlovers, Americana, Vegetarian ...
You keep mentioning that Ata Rangi stuff so much that even I - someone who tends to ignore wine - would really love to try it. I'm not sure how immediately different it'd taste to someone who thinks most wines taste the same, though.

I love that sort of thing too. It's kind of corny, but it's fun. That's why that fake restaurant menu I wrote ages ago that I think I told you about for some reason has pizzas named after Greek gods. I can't flaw it. Also, the Appolon sounds delicious:
Apollon
Hot pepperoni, jalapenos, capsicum, chilli, ground beef with spices, fetta, black olives and herbs on fresh tomato and garlic sauce.

I'm gonna have to make it one day.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:42 AM   #764
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Dons = Essendon

Yeah they Tigers haven't been really any threating since 2001 when they almost made the Grand Final. Of Course Brisbane beat them, and they went on to smash Essendon.

Fitzroy....they're going about as good as Leeds United!
Maybe I did get tipsy, I read Demons.

Goddamnit, why can't I support a good team?

Oh well, international rugby's coming up soon, at least the All Blacks fucking rule all there!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-30-2008, 09:42 AM   #765
Blue Crack Distributor

Ok, no more e-mail checking for the remainder of the day. :hasnowillpower:

I'm going to run downstairs for some coffee...

Tags
superthread