Paw Paw, West Virginia Superthread - Page 50 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-30-2008, 09:09 AM   #736
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryMullen's POPAngel View Post
Morning SP... How goes it?
Not too bad thanks, went to a Mexican restaurant for dinner, which was quite nice. Now I'm sort of trying to get started on a speech I have to do about Goya, but I'm not really in the mood for it, mainly because I've been drinking.

You can call me Bonnie, by the way.

Old 05-30-2008, 09:10 AM   #737
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 03:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryMullen's POPAngel View Post
Anything is good with pizza

Morning... One more day to get through.
G'day.

I tend to think white wine just doesn't work with pizza. At least not with the pizzas I have, with stacks of salami. But you can't go wrong with a red.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-30-2008, 09:12 AM   #738
Blue Crack Addict

The problem with red is that once started, I drink too much of it.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:13 AM   #739
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
Excellent, it's good to get into a cool social routine like that. Also, one of my friends called up tonight and said that there will be something going on tomorrow night at his place, so I'm happy with that.

You probably won't get tipsy on that amount over a couple hours, especially with some pizza going on. So yeah, next time just drink that slightest bit faster.

What was on the pizza? Or did the pinot noir just compliment the basic tomato/cheese/bread combo?
Yeah, I'm just worried how fucking much this routine's going to cost me! Pizza and ice cream sets me back about $17, then there's the booze. Got a fairly decent pinot noir for $13 tonight though. Would've preferred it to be more dry, but $13? I'm not going to complain.

Two glasses of wine at the tute-at-the-pub yesterday got me a little lightheaded in an hour, but yeah, I wasn't eating then. When I have pizza, I tend to be focusing on devouring the stuff avidly and the wine can fall a bit by the wayside.

We got three pizzas and shared them. The meatlovers one was covered in thick strips of bacon, which was awesome. And one was called "Moon", which just made no sense. Ordering a "large Moon" cracked us up. It was, if I remember correctly, tomato, cheese, salami, oregano.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-30-2008, 09:15 AM   #740
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Eek, all the best that it's nothing significant.

You need to make sure you're in Melbourne sometime when Bonnie's here so that we can have a really good Australian Interferencers meet-up.
There could be plenty of time to do that next year!, but Yes...maybe in a few weeks. I dunno. perhaps a Friday evening around 7:30 somewhere.....
Old 05-30-2008, 09:16 AM   #741
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I think that's more or less the same as it is in Adelaide, even though I don't go on buses during the night. Still, you get old bogans and wasted grannies on buses during the day, so yay!

On the bus, these two wasted grannies stagger on, and even though the driver (who was a bit of a bogan himself) was waving them through and frankly didn't seem to give a shit if anybody had a ticket, they were protesting "WE'VE GOT TICKETS!" Then they went to their seats, but one stayed standing, so the driver yells "you better sit down, girl!", to which she just rants into nowhere about "that's what my ex-husband used to say ..."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-30-2008, 09:16 AM   #742
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:50 AM
Quote:
The problem with red is that once started, I drink too much of it.
Hi Bonnie. Red wine is awesome...

Right now I have 5 bottles of red and one white in my little wine rack at home.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:19 AM   #743
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_man2002 View Post
There could be plenty of time to do that next year!, but Yes...maybe in a few weeks. I dunno. perhaps a Friday evening around 7:30 somewhere.....
I suppose she can tell you herself - and by the time I write this post, may have done so - but Bonnie's here from the 23rd to the 29th of June. What are your plans like then? We should at least have myself, Ali, and U-Wen at any gathering. Hopefully Jen and cin too.

By the way, went and got my eyes tested today and got declared legally blind, so now I can travel on all the trains for free. Will come up to Shepparton sometime soon as part of my jaunt around the Victorian rail network - hope I can do it at a time when I can catch up with you.

What shits me is that although an optometrist declaring me legally blind is good enough for the department of transport to give me free travel, it's NOT good enough for Centrelink to give me the disability benefit, so I've still got to go and see an ophthalmologist. Bah. Bureaucratic red tape for the epic fail.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-30-2008, 09:21 AM   #744
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_man2002 View Post
Good game of scrappy footy on the tele tonight.
Can't say I've been keeping up with the season. How are my Tigers doing?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-30-2008, 09:23 AM   #745
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I suppose she can tell you herself - and by the time I write this post, may have done so - but Bonnie's here from the 23rd to the 29th of June. What are your plans like then? We should at least have myself, Ali, and U-Wen at any gathering. Hopefully Jen and cin too.

By the way, went and got my eyes tested today and got declared legally blind, so now I can travel on all the trains for free. Will come up to Shepparton sometime soon as part of my jaunt around the Victorian rail network - hope I can do it at a time when I can catch up with you.

What shits me is that although an optometrist declaring me legally blind is good enough for the department of transport to give me free travel, it's NOT good enough for Centrelink to give me the disability benefit, so I've still got to go and see an ophthalmologist. Bah. Bureaucratic red tape for the epic fail.
Sounds like a plan. End Of June?, I've no idea. I'll keep my diary open!

Legally blind?, Free Travel?.....well thats kinda pretty cool I suppose. for The Free Travel anyway. Your almost better off getting a V-Line train to Seymour. They run basically hourly all day. Well...I guess that makes sense If I'm not going to be in Shepp.

Cause there is only about 2 Trains that run too and from shepparton daily.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:24 AM   #746
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Yeah, I'm just worried how fucking much this routine's going to cost me! Pizza and ice cream sets me back about $17, then there's the booze. Got a fairly decent pinot noir for $13 tonight though. Would've preferred it to be more dry, but $13? I'm not going to complain.

Two glasses of wine at the tute-at-the-pub yesterday got me a little lightheaded in an hour, but yeah, I wasn't eating then. When I have pizza, I tend to be focusing on devouring the stuff avidly and the wine can fall a bit by the wayside.

We got three pizzas and shared them. The meatlovers one was covered in thick strips of bacon, which was awesome. And one was called "Moon", which just made no sense. Ordering a "large Moon" cracked us up. It was, if I remember correctly, tomato, cheese, salami, oregano.
Money is a thing, yeah. But getting a bottle of wine isn't the most expensive thing in the world, and if other people are helping with the food, it could be a lot worse. Think of people that actually go out on the town frequently. You're doing better than them for just as much fun.

I'm exactly the same with pizza. There are times when I prepare a beer that I've chosen specifically to have with the meal, but I get so stuck into the good food that I basically forget about the brew.

'The Moon' sounds pretty nice, good and basic... and it reminds me of this restaurant in Canberra called The Woodstock, I think, that I've been to a couple of times. They named their pizzas after zodiac signs! I remember the Leo being pretty nice.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:26 AM   #747
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Can't say I've been keeping up with the season. How are my Tigers doing?
Well, I hate to Quote Mick Molloy, but they might be in for their best 9th Place Finish ever

They are currently 11th. 3 Wins, 5 Losses, 1 Draw. And Probably in for another loss this weekend against Sydney.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:27 AM   #748
Blue Crack Addict

Crows beat Dons by five points. I think I tipped fifty points... so I was close!
Old 05-30-2008, 09:27 AM   #749
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Crows beat Dons by five points. I think I tipped fifty points... so I was close!
Yeah, I Tipped The Crows By 40!
Old 05-30-2008, 09:28 AM   #750
Blue Crack Addict

The Tiges, despite being in the bottom half, actually give the better sides a bit of a shake every now and then. I hope that this year or next they can just get into the finals.

Tags
superthread