Paw Paw, West Virginia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Ax. :wave: Sounds like you had a good time!

You know those blueberry ones are delicious to the extent it's sinful to drink them. Nobody should get tanked up on lolly water. It just doesn't make sense to me!

(Ironically I drank a margarita tonight).

Still, seems like it was fun. How much did you drink?

Hell yes, had a great time, we're planning to do it again next Friday.

I like anything blueberry, so I enjoyed it, but damn, that was alcohol? Never would've guessed. Over about 2 hours, I had that plus 2.5 glasses of pinot noir (compare: vodka cruiser, 5% alcohol, pinot noir, 13.5% alcohol) and a fair bit of pizza. Kind of disappointed I didn't even get tipsy.

Bloody hell, pinot noir is good with pizza.

Ax, my brother's watching a movie from 1939 right now and THERE'S A TRAIN IN IT.

:lol: Awesome. :up:

I was amused by the contrast between people on the train and the bus tonight (I had to use a combination to get home). Train's full of young people going into the city to get wasted. Bus is full of old bogans and wasted grannies staggering home after a night betting on the horses or the pokies.

Hi Daniel! :wave:

How's things today?

Good Thanks.

I'm just half packing to head to melbourne tomorrow, and stuff. My Grandfather has just been put it hospital tonight though, I'm not sure how serious the situation is at the moment. I'm hoping its nothing too serious though.

How about yourself?, sounds like you've had a good night!

Hell yes, had a great time, we're planning to do it again next Friday.

I like anything blueberry, so I enjoyed it, but damn, that was alcohol? Never would've guessed. Over about 2 hours, I had that plus 2.5 glasses of pinot noir (compare: vodka cruiser, 5% alcohol, pinot noir, 13.5% alcohol) and a fair bit of pizza. Kind of disappointed I didn't even get tipsy.

Bloody hell, pinot noir is good with pizza.

Excellent, it's good to get into a cool social routine like that. Also, one of my friends called up tonight and said that there will be something going on tomorrow night at his place, so I'm happy with that.

You probably won't get tipsy on that amount over a couple hours, especially with some pizza going on. So yeah, next time just drink that slightest bit faster. :wink:

What was on the pizza? Or did the pinot noir just compliment the basic tomato/cheese/bread combo?

:lol: Awesome. :up:

I was amused by the contrast between people on the train and the bus tonight (I had to use a combination to get home). Train's full of young people going into the city to get wasted. Bus is full of old bogans and wasted grannies staggering home after a night betting on the horses or the pokies.

:laugh: I think that's more or less the same as it is in Adelaide, even though I don't go on buses during the night. Still, you get old bogans and wasted grannies on buses during the day, so yay!

Good Thanks.

I'm just half packing to head to melbourne tomorrow, and stuff. My Grandfather has just been put it hospital tonight though, I'm not sure how serious the situation is at the moment. I'm hoping its nothing too serious though.

How about yourself?, sounds like you've had a good night!

Eek, all the best that it's nothing significant.

You need to make sure you're in Melbourne sometime when Bonnie's here so that we can have a really good Australian Interferencers meet-up. :yes:

Yeah, I've had a pretty good one, though before I go to bed I've a stack of dishes to do. Woo.

Excellent, it's good to get into a cool social routine like that. Also, one of my friends called up tonight and said that there will be something going on tomorrow night at his place, so I'm happy with that.

You probably won't get tipsy on that amount over a couple hours, especially with some pizza going on. So yeah, next time just drink that slightest bit faster. :wink:

What was on the pizza? Or did the pinot noir just compliment the basic tomato/cheese/bread combo?

Yeah, I'm just worried how fucking much this routine's going to cost me! Pizza and ice cream sets me back about $17, then there's the booze. Got a fairly decent pinot noir for $13 tonight though. Would've preferred it to be more dry, but $13? I'm not going to complain.

Two glasses of wine at the tute-at-the-pub yesterday got me a little lightheaded in an hour, but yeah, I wasn't eating then. When I have pizza, I tend to be focusing on devouring the stuff avidly and the wine can fall a bit by the wayside. :wink:

We got three pizzas and shared them. The meatlovers one was covered in thick strips of bacon, which was awesome. And one was called "Moon", which just made no sense. Ordering a "large Moon" cracked us up. It was, if I remember correctly, tomato, cheese, salami, oregano.

Eek, all the best that it's nothing significant.

You need to make sure you're in Melbourne sometime when Bonnie's here so that we can have a really good Australian Interferencers meet-up. :yes:

There could be plenty of time to do that next year!, but Yes...maybe in a few weeks. I dunno. perhaps a Friday evening around 7:30 somewhere.....

:laugh: I think that's more or less the same as it is in Adelaide, even though I don't go on buses during the night. Still, you get old bogans and wasted grannies on buses during the day, so yay!

:lol:

On the bus, these two wasted grannies stagger on, and even though the driver (who was a bit of a bogan himself) was waving them through and frankly didn't seem to give a shit if anybody had a ticket, they were protesting "WE'VE GOT TICKETS!" Then they went to their seats, but one stayed standing, so the driver yells "you better sit down, girl!", to which she just rants into nowhere about "that's what my ex-husband used to say ..."

There could be plenty of time to do that next year!, but Yes...maybe in a few weeks. I dunno. perhaps a Friday evening around 7:30 somewhere.....

I suppose she can tell you herself - and by the time I write this post, may have done so - but Bonnie's here from the 23rd to the 29th of June. What are your plans like then? We should at least have myself, Ali, and U-Wen at any gathering. Hopefully Jen and cin too.

By the way, went and got my eyes tested today and got declared legally blind, so now I can travel on all the trains for free. Will come up to Shepparton sometime soon as part of my jaunt around the Victorian rail network - hope I can do it at a time when I can catch up with you.

What shits me is that although an optometrist declaring me legally blind is good enough for the department of transport to give me free travel, it's NOT good enough for Centrelink to give me the disability benefit, so I've still got to go and see an ophthalmologist. Bah. Bureaucratic red tape for the epic fail.

I suppose she can tell you herself - and by the time I write this post, may have done so - but Bonnie's here from the 23rd to the 29th of June. What are your plans like then? We should at least have myself, Ali, and U-Wen at any gathering. Hopefully Jen and cin too.

By the way, went and got my eyes tested today and got declared legally blind, so now I can travel on all the trains for free. Will come up to Shepparton sometime soon as part of my jaunt around the Victorian rail network - hope I can do it at a time when I can catch up with you.

What shits me is that although an optometrist declaring me legally blind is good enough for the department of transport to give me free travel, it's NOT good enough for Centrelink to give me the disability benefit, so I've still got to go and see an ophthalmologist. Bah. Bureaucratic red tape for the epic fail.

Sounds like a plan. End Of June?, I've no idea. I'll keep my diary open!

Legally blind?, Free Travel?.....well thats kinda pretty cool I suppose. for The Free Travel anyway. Your almost better off getting a V-Line train to Seymour. They run basically hourly all day. Well...I guess that makes sense If I'm not going to be in Shepp.

Cause there is only about 2 Trains that run too and from shepparton daily.

Yeah, I'm just worried how fucking much this routine's going to cost me! Pizza and ice cream sets me back about $17, then there's the booze. Got a fairly decent pinot noir for $13 tonight though. Would've preferred it to be more dry, but $13? I'm not going to complain.

Two glasses of wine at the tute-at-the-pub yesterday got me a little lightheaded in an hour, but yeah, I wasn't eating then. When I have pizza, I tend to be focusing on devouring the stuff avidly and the wine can fall a bit by the wayside. :wink:

We got three pizzas and shared them. The meatlovers one was covered in thick strips of bacon, which was awesome. And one was called "Moon", which just made no sense. Ordering a "large Moon" cracked us up. It was, if I remember correctly, tomato, cheese, salami, oregano.

Money is a thing, yeah. But getting a bottle of wine isn't the most expensive thing in the world, and if other people are helping with the food, it could be a lot worse. Think of people that actually go out on the town frequently. You're doing better than them for just as much fun.

I'm exactly the same with pizza. :lol: There are times when I prepare a beer that I've chosen specifically to have with the meal, but I get so stuck into the good food that I basically forget about the brew.

'The Moon' sounds pretty nice, good and basic... and it reminds me of this restaurant in Canberra called The Woodstock, I think, that I've been to a couple of times. They named their pizzas after zodiac signs! I remember the Leo being pretty nice.

Can't say I've been keeping up with the season. How are my Tigers doing?

Well, I hate to Quote Mick Molloy, but they might be in for their best 9th Place Finish ever :)

They are currently 11th. 3 Wins, 5 Losses, 1 Draw. And Probably in for another loss this weekend against Sydney.

The Tiges, despite being in the bottom half, actually give the better sides a bit of a shake every now and then. I hope that this year or next they can just get into the finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom