Paw Paw, West Virginia Superthread - Page 24 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-29-2008, 07:25 AM   #346
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
He's stayed up past 3am some nights! I think his latest nights on the thread give my latest nights a run for their money. I think I just do it more consistently, i.e. every night.

I read that as "drinking lesson"!
You're so lucky you don't have to wake up early in the mornings. Fuck, it's basically impossible for me.

I could say I'm having one later on in the day, but unfortunately my eejit friend has decided nothing is going to be happening tomorrow night at all.

Old 05-29-2008, 07:27 AM   #347
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Though both are fucking exciting compared to anything ever released by Sufjan Stevens.
This is where I have to disagree.

Though sometimes his whole demeanour and status in the music world pisses me off.

Old 05-29-2008, 07:28 AM   #348
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
You're so lucky you don't have to wake up early in the mornings. Fuck, it's basically impossible for me.

I could say I'm having one later on in the day, but unfortunately my eejit friend has decided nothing is going to be happening tomorrow night at all.
I'm really hoping I don't get stuck with early classes next semester. I've no idea how I'd make the adjustment. I've very quickly gotten comfortable with this whole "midnight = early" thing.

to loser friends. Meanwhile, I've managed to walk into Friday night plans of pizza, drinking, and Fawlty Towers.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-29-2008, 07:29 AM   #349
Vocal parasite

Quote:
This is where I have to disagree.

Though sometimes his whole demeanour and status in the music world pisses me off.
Oh shit!

I just can't stand him. Tried to listen to Illinois and any potential of ever developing insomnia in my life was warded off by about the sixth or seventh track!

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-29-2008, 07:34 AM   #350
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Oh shit!

I just can't stand him. Tried to listen to Illinois and any potential of ever developing insomnia in my life was warded off by about the sixth or seventh track!
Best tracks on Illinois:

the first three
Casimir Pulaski Day (I can perfectly understand why someone would think it's boring, though)
Chicago
The Man of Metropolis
uh shit what's the tracklisting again fuck
The Tallest Man, The Broadest Shoulders

I can't remember. But the point is, Michigan is a better album anyway. It has a whole different feel to it that I dig more, and doesn't have so many interludes that are a pain to skip through on my iPod.
Old 05-29-2008, 07:40 AM   #351
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I'm really hoping I don't get stuck with early classes next semester. I've no idea how I'd make the adjustment. I've very quickly gotten comfortable with this whole "midnight = early" thing.

to loser friends. Meanwhile, I've managed to walk into Friday night plans of pizza, drinking, and Fawlty Towers.
Yeah, I'm still sort of in my frame of mind from the holidays when I always slept in. I get in a good routine, and then it starts all over again. It's very annoying. I think I need a part time job or something to keep me on my toes.

I've got a feeling my Friday night, and quite possibly my Saturday night, will now be much like that.
Old 05-29-2008, 07:41 AM   #352
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Best tracks on Illinois:

the first three
Casimir Pulaski Day (I can perfectly understand why someone would think it's boring, though)
Chicago
The Man of Metropolis
uh shit what's the tracklisting again fuck
The Tallest Man, The Broadest Shoulders

I can't remember. But the point is, Michigan is a better album anyway. It has a whole different feel to it that I dig more, and doesn't have so many interludes that are a pain to skip through on my iPod.
I don't even know where my MP3s of Illinois are now. I once burnt a data DVD with all these albums I never played; it probably went on there and I've now no damn clue where the fuck that DVD actually is. It has a couple of albums I now want to hear too!

The interludes on Illinois pissed me off only slightly less than some of the really dumb song titles (and I don't just mean the obnoxiously long ones, a couple of which were actually sort of amusing).

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-29-2008, 07:44 AM   #353
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Yeah, I'm still sort of in my frame of mind from the holidays when I always slept in. I get in a good routine, and then it starts all over again. It's very annoying. I think I need a part time job or something to keep me on my toes.

I've got a feeling my Friday night, and quite possibly my Saturday night, will now be much like that.
I used to get up really early. 6am early. But over university, my schedule has just gradually changed, partly fuelled by the fact I work better at night. And then my schedule this semester pretty much fits perfectly with the schedule I developed over the last holidays! If I end up with a 10am class next semester, I will honestly be very tempted to change it.

See, unlike you, my Friday will end at around 9pm and I'll be back here by 10pm.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-29-2008, 07:48 AM   #354
Vocal parasite

Oh, totally randomly: at the tute-at-the-pub today, it was decided that I need a pipe just to complete my image as an academic stereotype.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-29-2008, 08:00 AM   #355
Blue Crack Addict

Oh, They Are Night Zombies is good too. But I need to rush this 'cause my brother and I are going to watch The Roaring Twenties (again), a James Cagney/Humphrey Bogart movie from the late thirties. It's about a hundred minutes long, so I'll be back after that. Au revoir.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:01 AM   #356
Vocal parasite

Have fun!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-29-2008, 08:58 AM   #357
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:25 AM
Morning...

I think I'm way overdue for a vacation.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:07 AM   #358
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryMullen's POPAngel View Post
Morning...

I think I'm way overdue for a vacation.
Evening.

Got to admit, though I've obviously seen you around on the forums, I can't say I really know you. So, g'day, I'm André.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-29-2008, 09:07 AM   #359
Blue Crack Distributor

April
Old 05-29-2008, 09:43 AM   #360
Blue Crack Addict

Wow, a dead superthread at this hour is a rarity.

Are things better today, April?

Tags
superthread