Paw Paw, West Virginia Superthread - Page 23 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-29-2008, 06:27 AM   #331
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,016
Local Time: 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
Not too sure yet. Guess just a lot of walking around the city, really. Not so much on the outskirts of town? I'll be with my brother for most of the time and I wanted to catch up with another guy I know there, but if I'm alone and bored, sure this won't be a problem.
Ah, cool. I'm sure there's plenty to do around the central city. I know I could kill hours in the Botanical Gardens and the National Gallery - I just need to drag somebody along one day. Otherwise, my knowledge of stuff to do in this city is rather unfortunately limited to where you can see cool railed stuff!

I can just see you ending up in the most Greek parts of the city and disappearing for a couple of days ...
__________________

__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 05-29-2008, 06:56 AM   #332
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,016
Local Time: 04:28 PM
Quiet night in the postwhorehouse, it seems.
__________________

__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 05-29-2008, 06:57 AM   #333
Blue Crack Addict
 
The Sad Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VEGA INTL NITE SKOOL
Posts: 28,691
Local Time: 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Ah, cool. I'm sure there's plenty to do around the central city. I know I could kill hours in the Botanical Gardens and the National Gallery - I just need to drag somebody along one day. Otherwise, my knowledge of stuff to do in this city is rather unfortunately limited to where you can see cool railed stuff!

I can just see you ending up in the most Greek parts of the city and disappearing for a couple of days ...
I'd love to go to the National Gallery with you. Not sure if my brother would be massively interested because I like spending plenty of time there. Plus the souvenir shops in art galleries tend to have great books. So if that sounds like your idea of a good time, feel free to tag along!

I probably will end up doing that, but I don't think it's very hard to miss the Greek parts of Melbourne, since it's Thessaloniki junior. Also, do you know of any good Middle Eastern restaurants? I figure there should be a few, as the first time I ate falafel was in Melbourne.
__________________
The Sad Punk is offline  
Old 05-29-2008, 06:58 AM   #334
Blue Crack Addict
 
The Sad Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VEGA INTL NITE SKOOL
Posts: 28,691
Local Time: 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Quiet night in the postwhorehouse, it seems.
Just wait for a few of the yankees to get here. Ian would be asleep by now, wouldn't he?
__________________
The Sad Punk is offline  
Old 05-29-2008, 07:06 AM   #335
Blue Crack Addict
 
mysterious_jen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: U2 360 2010 DOWNUNDER
Posts: 15,556
Local Time: 02:58 PM
im tooling around and procrasitnating
__________________
mysterious_jen is offline  
Old 05-29-2008, 07:09 AM   #336
Blue Crack Addict
 
The Sad Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VEGA INTL NITE SKOOL
Posts: 28,691
Local Time: 02:58 PM
I was reading Danny boy's review of JT. Not sure about giving four stars to IGC but five to ISHFWILF. Isn't that illegal?
__________________
The Sad Punk is offline  
Old 05-29-2008, 07:10 AM   #337
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,016
Local Time: 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
I'd love to go to the National Gallery with you. Not sure if my brother would be massively interested because I like spending plenty of time there. Plus the souvenir shops in art galleries tend to have great books. So if that sounds like your idea of a good time, feel free to tag along!

I probably will end up doing that, but I don't think it's very hard to miss the Greek parts of Melbourne, since it's Thessaloniki junior. Also, do you know of any good Middle Eastern restaurants? I figure there should be a few, as the first time I ate falafel was in Melbourne.
Ooh, sounds like fun. You could probably point out cool stuff to me too. I always feel like I cruise through art galleries and miss the interesting stuff. Depending on when you go, I imagine we could coax Ali or Melissa or U-Wen into coming too. U-Wen and I have said in the past that we need to pay the National Gallery a visit.

And I'm the last person you should ask for restaurant recommendations - in fact, to be perfectly honest, I'm so clueless that I should probably be getting recommendations for restaurants off you!
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 05-29-2008, 07:12 AM   #338
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,016
Local Time: 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
Just wait for a few of the yankees to get here. Ian would be asleep by now, wouldn't he?
Well, it's only 11:15pm in New Zealand! In my world at least, that's "yeah, still got two hours before bed, minimum"!
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 05-29-2008, 07:13 AM   #339
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,016
Local Time: 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
I was reading Danny boy's review of JT. Not sure about giving four stars to IGC but five to ISHFWILF. Isn't that illegal?
ISHFWILF is five stars if you need to cure insomnia.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 05-29-2008, 07:14 AM   #340
Blue Crack Addict
 
The Sad Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VEGA INTL NITE SKOOL
Posts: 28,691
Local Time: 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Well, it's only 11:15pm in New Zealand! In my world at least, that's "yeah, still got two hours before bed, minimum"!
Right, but Ian always seems to go to bed early.

And despite the fact I have no lessons tomorrow, I can't stay up all night 'cause I have a driving lesson at midday. Still be around a while longer yet, though.
__________________
The Sad Punk is offline  
Old 05-29-2008, 07:18 AM   #341
Blue Crack Addict
 
The Sad Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VEGA INTL NITE SKOOL
Posts: 28,691
Local Time: 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Ooh, sounds like fun. You could probably point out cool stuff to me too. I always feel like I cruise through art galleries and miss the interesting stuff. Depending on when you go, I imagine we could coax Ali or Melissa or U-Wen into coming too. U-Wen and I have said in the past that we need to pay the National Gallery a visit.

And I'm the last person you should ask for restaurant recommendations - in fact, to be perfectly honest, I'm so clueless that I should probably be getting recommendations for restaurants off you!
I'm not sure how much cool stuff I can point out, I tend to forget a lot of artist's names. Maybe it'll work out on the day, though.

So, U-Wen - is that his name? Really?
__________________
The Sad Punk is offline  
Old 05-29-2008, 07:18 AM   #342
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,016
Local Time: 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
Right, but Ian always seems to go to bed early.

And despite the fact I have no lessons tomorrow, I can't stay up all night 'cause I have a driving lesson at midday. Still be around a while longer yet, though.
He's stayed up past 3am some nights! I think his latest nights on the thread give my latest nights a run for their money. I think I just do it more consistently, i.e. every night.

I read that as "drinking lesson"!
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 05-29-2008, 07:19 AM   #343
Blue Crack Addict
 
The Sad Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VEGA INTL NITE SKOOL
Posts: 28,691
Local Time: 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
ISHFWILF is five stars if you need to cure insomnia.
It's got nothing on So Cruel in that department!
__________________
The Sad Punk is offline  
Old 05-29-2008, 07:21 AM   #344
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,016
Local Time: 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
I'm not sure how much cool stuff I can point out, I tend to forget a lot of artist's names. Maybe it'll work out on the day, though.

So, U-Wen - is that his name? Really?
Yeah, but you at least know stuff about painting technique and art in the first place - and can actually see!

And yep, the Maj. is U-Wen, a Sinofication of Euan.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 05-29-2008, 07:25 AM   #345
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,016
Local Time: 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
It's got nothing on So Cruel in that department!
Though both are fucking exciting compared to anything ever released by Sufjan Stevens.
__________________

__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com