Paw Paw, West Virginia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm wondering if by "extended vocals" it means new lyrics, Bono singing lines we already know a few more times, or some guy just looping what we already know over and over again. My bet's on the second option. "Iiiiiii will beee with yooouuuu aaagaaaaaiiiin" x20 this time around!

Extended usually means the same vocals looped over and over, unfortunately.

That was a fun read. I agree, who the hell puts Scarlet in between two drum driven songs?!

Thanks. :)

Have you heard the live performance of Scarlet? It is more raw than the studio version - but the point still stands about its placement between WAS and ITABTAW being illogical. The whole second disc reeks of a bunch of live songs being thrown together with absolutely no thought given to whether the disc has any cohesion at all.

Thanks. :)

Have you heard the live performance of Scarlet? It is more raw than the studio version - but the point still stands about its placement between WAS and ITABTAW being illogical. The whole second disc reeks of a bunch of live songs being thrown together with absolutely no thought given to whether the disc has any cohesion at all.

I don't think I've ever heard that version of Scarlet. The scariest thing about it is that Edge would have been okaying this stuff. What does that say about the cohesion of the next album. :yikes:

Lightbulb Sun remaster downloaded. :drool:

Listening to the new The Rest Will Flow now.

nice posts ax

off to have a day, and by that i mean, eat lunch and then go online instead of packing when i desperately need to pack.

I don't think I've ever heard that version of Scarlet. The scariest thing about it is that Edge would have been okaying this stuff. What does that say about the cohesion of the next album. :yikes:

I would firmly maintain that every U2 album is poorly tracklisted and U2 themselves have barely a clue about it. Hell, the tracklisting for JT was supposedly based on some woman (I forget who) simply ranking the tracks from 1-11. YES, SHE RANKED TRIP THROUGH YOUR WIRES ABOVE ONE TREE HILL. I still don't want to believe that tale is true, but I'm told it's stated in U2 By U2 (I read it in order to UF then just skipped around, so I don't remember seeing that comment myself).

I would firmly maintain that every U2 album is poorly tracklisted and U2 themselves have barely a clue about it. Hell, the tracklisting for JT was supposedly based on some woman (I forget who) simply ranking the tracks from 1-11. YES, SHE RANKED TRIP THROUGH YOUR WIRES ABOVE ONE TREE HILL. I still don't want to believe that tale is true, but I'm told it's stated in U2 By U2 (I read it in order to UF then just skipped around, so I don't remember seeing that comment myself).

Would have been good if Exit was her favourite.

Would have been good if Exit was her favourite.

:lol: I understand the instruction was that Streets and MOTD were already set as opener and closer. Streets --> Exit would've been hilarious.

I still don't completely buy the story, though. Streets/ISHFWILF/WOWY, Bullet/RTSS/RHMT, IGC/TTYW, and OTH/Exit/MOTD all make sense, and the only movement of those chunks that I would make is to put IGC/TTYW between WOWY and Bullet.

I don't think I can do it. Seriously I'm terrified.

Do it or I'll make sure the UF remaster's bonus disc is the worst ever. :wink:

No, seriously, good luck. Remember, putting things off is just going to make things even worse and more difficult in the long run.

Do it, Screwtape! I was thinking the exact same thing today regarding something, but the thing is avoidance doesn't get you anywhere. Bite the bullet, it's good for you. Good luck. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom