Paw Paw, West Virginia Superthread - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2008, 08:52 PM   #136
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 05:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phanan View Post
Well, one of the local papers at the time had a small blurb about it, which got everyone who lives around here in a frenzy. I believe I merely commented that while I'd love for it to be true, there was just no way it was happening given it was 2006.

And yes, I agree regarding stadiums. Two or three shows at Fenway would help with that.
I love these unsubstantiated newspaper blurbs that get everybody all excited. The 20+ gigs at London's O2 Arena rumour is just classic. Or when you get somebody from some random country Paul McGuinness doesn't even know exists going on about how "OMG LOCAL PROMOTERS CONTACTING U2 THEY'RE SO GOING TO PLAY HERE THIS YEAR!" and fervently believe it.

The one newspaper rumour that I really wish had been true was U2 playing Wellington's Events Centre. Sure, it's a pig of a venue, but it would've been the smallest venue U2 have played (at least as far as full tour concerts go) since the fuckin' Point Depot!

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-28-2008, 08:52 PM   #137
The Male

Local Time: 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
Evening. Anything going on that I should know about?
I finally got a Facebook page, so drop me a request because I'm too lazy to look you up:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1294497114

Now.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:53 PM   #138
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 12:09 PM
omg it's time for me to leave

my weekend has officially started

be back in a few, peeps
Old 05-28-2008, 08:55 PM   #139
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I love these unsubstantiated newspaper blurbs that get everybody all excited. The 20+ gigs at London's O2 Arena rumour is just classic. Or when you get somebody from some random country Paul McGuinness doesn't even know exists going on about how "OMG LOCAL PROMOTERS CONTACTING U2 THEY'RE SO GOING TO PLAY HERE THIS YEAR!" and fervently believe it.

The one newspaper rumour that I really wish had been true was U2 playing Wellington's Events Centre. Sure, it's a pig of a venue, but it would've been the smallest venue U2 have played (at least as far as full tour concerts go) since the fuckin' Point Depot!
How would the Vector Arena (capacity 9000 or so - rumoured in 2005) have rated in the U2 venues list?
Old 05-28-2008, 08:56 PM   #140
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:09 PM
So what is the deal with this U2 MP3? What do people think? I've totally avoided the thread since about three days before the link was posted.

I'm guessing people are mostly reserving opinions since it's probably a low quality clip and then people like Rob and Peterrrrr are claiming Bono's voice is in its greatest form since 15 or 20 years ago.

But what do people think? Is it a new sound?
Old 05-28-2008, 08:58 PM   #141
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
I finally got a Facebook page, so drop me a request because I'm too lazy to look you up:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1294497114
Joining the ranks, eh? I've only a few Interferencers friended on my Facey. I'm hoping to avoid a full rush (i.e.: not joining the Interference.com group or fan page), but, yeah, I'll add you.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:58 PM   #142
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
So what is the deal with this U2 MP3? What do people think? I've totally avoided the thread since about three days before the link was posted.

I'm guessing people are mostly reserving opinions since it's probably a low quality clip and then people like Rob and Peterrrrr are claiming Bono's voice is in its greatest form since 15 or 20 years ago.

I don't know, i haven't listened.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:59 PM   #143
Blue Crack Distributor

Look, I realize the qualities low, and there are cars in the way, and maybe I should listen a few more times, but Philly, it sounds to me like absolutely nothing new
Old 05-28-2008, 09:01 PM   #144
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
How would the Vector Arena (capacity 9000 or so - rumoured in 2005) have rated in the U2 venues list?
Not 100% sure if it would've been the smallest since the Point Depot, but it'd be bloody pushing it. If I remember correctly, a couple of the third leg Elevation venues could do only about 9,000-10,000 (Baltimore?). I'm not clear on how many some of the arenas hit on ZooTV could hold, especially the European ones, but the Events Centre would've definitely been smaller than any of them. I just loved the idea of them having to do about six concerts in Wellington!

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-28-2008, 09:01 PM   #145
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post

Oh, the London 02 rumor was priceless. We even had multiple threads for that one.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:02 PM   #146
Blue Crack Supplier

Thursdays are weird. Still half an hour before i even need to think about getting ready for class.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:03 PM   #147
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

You can't even tell what the hell it is. Yes, at times you can hear a bit, but how people can give pinpoint analysis from that is absolutely hysterical.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:04 PM   #148
Vocal parasite

Quote:

You couldn't be more correct.

I listened to it once. Could barely tell a thing, but I didn't feel like there was anything radically new hidden behind the poor quality.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-28-2008, 09:05 PM   #149
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
You can't even tell what the hell it is. Yes, at times you can hear a bit, but how people can give pinpoint analysis from that is absolutely hysterical.
that's true. I think what's irking me is the guitar, which is pretty much the most audible thing.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:05 PM   #150
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Oh, the London 02 rumor was priceless. We even had multiple threads for that one.
Those were too funny.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread