Pavement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Squid

The Fly
Am I imagining things, or are "Summer Babe" and "Silence Kit" two of the best songs ever? Gather round and show your appreciation for Pavement!

I only own Slanted and Enchanted and Terror at Twilight. When I get loads of money I want to own every freaking album they made.

They are good and stuff.

Ah, another band I was going to get into during the weekend, particularly because of the post-Great Escape Blur connections and the fact everybody's raving about them. Post your song recommendations here, please! :)

yertle-the-turtle said:
Ah, another band I was going to get into during the weekend, particularly because of the post-Great Escape Blur connections and the fact everybody's raving about them. Post your song recommendations here, please! :)

Summer Babe
Trigger Cut
In the Mouth a Desert
Loretta's Scars
Here
Perfume-V
Silence Kit
Elevate Me Later
Gold Soundz

... and that's just stuff from Slanted & Enchanted and Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain!

P.S. there's a song called 'Circa 1762' which is awesome, but it's from a Peel session so it might be hard to find...

I don't think you'll be disappointed!

Recommendations:

Summer Babe (Winter Version)
Trigger Cut
Zurich Is Stained
Here
Spit on a Stranger
You Are A Light
Cut Your Hair

When I went to Media Play this week, I saw that there is a Pavement DVD that has all of their music videos on it, and 2 concerts on it!!

Looked pretty cool.

Brighten the Corners is a great album

my fav Pavement song would be "Range Life" though
that might just be one of the greatest singles ever :up:

yertle-the-turtle said:
Cheers, I'm searching for 'Summer Babe' on Kazaa now. Will post thoughts soon.

Go go go! I'm anxious to hear your thoughts...

:wink:

No rush, of course

yertle-the-turtle said:
It really sounds like Blur...which is a good thing. I think I need time for it to sink it though. :)

I personally dont understand how you think they sound alike.

PS - I'd take Pavement to Blur any day of the week

Last edited:
That's cool. I haven't heard much by Blur (the only song of theirs that springs to mind is that "Song 2" that everyone's heard on 7912637 commercials by now) but I've heard good things about them...

Incidentally, according to www.allmusic.com, the vocals of Bob Nastanovich (one of the guys in Pavement, though not the lead singer) inspired the "woo hoo" of the aforementioned Song 2.

Back
Top Bottom