Paul McCartney solo career appreciation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
Yeah, McCartney has made his share of crappy albums during the course of his 37-year solo career, but he has also made some masterpieces:

paul-mccartney-mccartney.jpg

It has Every Night, Maybe I'm Amazed, That Would Be Something, and some wonderful jams. This record is ace.

Grade: A-

paul_mccartney.jpg

One of the best pop records of the 70's. The whole thing is one big pop monstrosity, but it's glorious. The production is awe-inspiring and it still feels homestyle.

Grade: A

WingsBandontherun.jpg

My description of Ram fits like a glove here as well.

Grade: A

724385650024_65893.jpg

Just a collection of fantastic songs, along with a few clunkers. It's still great though.

Grade: B+

chaos_and_creation_in_the_back_yard.jpg

Top notch. Very experimental and unique. The songwriting is consistent as well.

Grade: B+

I've always really liked Flowers In the Dirt.

And Tug of War, despite the inclusion of the cheese-a-riffic "Ebony and Ivory." :wink:

Saw him live on the tour for Flaming Pie. He still puts on a good show. :yes:

Saw him twice in recent years. Always puts on a great show. Unfortunately I was ill at his last show. Started to get sick that morning, and by the end of the night, I was miserable. Really wished I could have enjoyed it more. And I had won tickets to the second night, which was the last night of the tour, but I was too sick to get out of bed.

And I made sure that Maddy's first concert would be something she'd never be embarrassed about when she got older - yes, I took her to see him when she was 8! I rule!
36.gif

Lila64 said:

And I made sure that Maddy's first concert would be something she'd never be embarrassed about when she got older - yes, I took her to see him when she was 8! I rule!
36.gif

That's awesome. :up:

I think my first concert was Three Dog Night. I was far too little to remember...

Next time McCartney's on tour, I'm going to do everything in my power to go see a show.

Beatles tunes played live by 1/4 of the band...:drool:

Isn't Macca working on a new album right now? :hmm:

(BTW, my first concert was U2 :D )

LemonMelon said:

:lmao:

Sorry, but that is a little funny. :cute:

No need to apologize. I think it's kind of funny, too......and inexplicably, I still like that song. :scratch: Ranks right up there with the Police's "Mother." :coocoo:

My fiance loves the Beatles and their respective solo careers, and I definitely appreciate their music as well. I saw Paul 6 times last tour :ohmy: I had never seen him before and while the first couple of times were great, because I saw so many shows, I realized he told the same stories at each one, the same jokes...etc. no real variety. I was Paul-ed out by the end of the 6 shows and I also had gotten a cold in between.

"Maybe I'm Amazed" is the best song of McCartney's solo career.

But overall I prefer Lennon's solo stuff to McCartney's. I hear Harrison's solo stuff is supposedly better than both, but I've never gotten around to listening to it outside of 'My Sweet Lord'.

Daytime Nighttime Suffering (aka Paul's best b-side)

I like his solo stuff :up:

I would also throw in Venus and Mars as one of the highlights of his solo career. :drool:

U2Man said:
what happened to it?

(big sigh)

After I moved away from home after college, I figured I'd never again own a record player, so I told my mom to just sell all my albums in her yearly garage sale.

(BIG SIGH)

The only records I was really sad about were two U2 promo albums. There was a 12" promo single for One, and a picture disc for a 12" of Mysterious Ways.

I am a big :reject: .

i remember visiting the states one year. we met this nice woman who was selling things in her garage. i bought a lot of records, u2's one promo single, mysterious ways and some mccartney stuff. i made quite a deal. it was a gift.

Back
Top Bottom