Paul McCartney - 'complete tool'?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
r0785s.jpg
r07bt5.jpg

r078d3.jpg
r07bxu.jpg

r078f4.jpg
r07c3r.jpg

Re: theetherealconnection.com

Moshepop said:
Hey Guys this is Moises Szarf, the author of "The Ethereal Connection: a Synthesis of U2 and The Beatles".

pass it on...

IMP the resemblance of KidA and Unforgattable Fire is striking. Both the castle and the mountians used as phallus symbols btw.

now whose rockstar-ego is bigger? Maccas or Bonos?

Not to be too inflammatory or project psychosis on you, Moises, but it's worth noting that Charles Manson synthesized the White Album and The Book of Revelation.

So I'm sure you can appreciate that your hobby can be viewed with some strong reactions as well as some morbid fascination and healthy skepticism.

Re: Re: theetherealconnection.com

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:
IMP the resemblance of KidA and Unforgattable Fire is striking. Both the castle and the mountians used as phallus symbols btw.

Yeah I heard that U2 had taken pictures of several castles before deciding on that particular one. Evidently, according to Larry, all the other castles "didn't look enough like a cock."

AliEnvy said:
Not to be too inflammatory or project psychosis on you, Moises, but it's worth noting that Charles Manson synthesized the White Album and The Book of Revelation.

So I'm sure you can appreciate that your hobby can be viewed with some strong reactions as well as some morbid fascination and healthy skepticism.

AE:
I completely understand the skepticism that people might have towards my project, and I completely agree as well that it is healthy to have it, I wouldn't want people to accept blindly what i am proposing, and i completely appreciate the fact that you and others are taking the time to have an interchange about this subject.

The fact that Charles Manson was a nut and he did what he did, doesn't mean that any study, which synthesizes, for example, The Bible and Rock lyrics, is of a psychotic nature, there is a very interesting U2 website called www.staringattheson.com, that does precisely that. Notice, as well, how many books are out there at the moment with precisely these kinds of themes, of people making a connection with U2 and their religious life. The shame about Manson is that, like Bono said, he stole "Helter Skelter" with what he did, and not only Helter Skelter, he also stole the imaginative, and very entertaining work of comparing rock lyrics, album covers, etc, with religious scriptures. For many of us our religion is Rock n’ Roll, I mean, take a look at it, it is a religion, we go to church(arenas), we worship our leaders, we give them our money, etc. Only maybe it is a much more evolved religion and a million times more fun to practice. And our scripture is the music, the album covers, the lyrics, and it is only natural for us to have an inclination to interpret them, like all the people in the 60’s did in what turned out to be the “Paul is Dead’ rumor (that was fun man!!!!)

The comparisons and similarities that I show in my site are not meant to be exact, all The Beatles and U2 albums should not match exactly, that would ridiculous and absolutely boring, what I have done is an interpretative exercise in the "Paul is Dead" fashion, in which I suggest that certain colors or concepts were used at the same point chronologically because what was being communicated was the same. Graphic designers and artists tend to go into the inner situation of the group to express it in the album cover, and if that inner situation is the same, then it would make sense that two bands that are going through a similar experience, would reflect that situation similarly in an album cover, and in my opinion that has happened between The Beatles and U2, also because they are part of something bigger, which brings us to the main result of my interpretation, which is my proposition of the Third Band. Basically we are within a “Rock Cycle” that, as everything else, develops in Triads. The first part of the cycle is The Beatles, the second part of the cycle is U2, and the third part of the cycle is a Third Band, after which the purpose the ‘Rock Cycle’ will be met. So an interesting thing for any body interested in what I am proposing would be to see which band could be that Third Band, and then see if their career develops in the same way as the careers of The Beatles and U2 has, and the main parameter to compare them will be to see the ‘turning points’ in the career of that Third Band (what I call the ‘crisis’ points in my site), because the location and frequency of those turning points is determined by a pattern, the pattern of the triad, which is the same for everything that exist, and maybe, only maybe, if the album covers of that Third Band would be compared to those of The Beatles and U2 certain traits that could be significantly similar could be found.

I am laughing a lot wit the Radiohead thing, hilarious!!!, and the castle interpretation is intersting ah?, didn't you notice that both of the first albums start with a child/baby, the same with Nirvana.

By, Take Care
Moises

I don't know what's more ludicrous: the photo of Hasselhoff, or calling the album "Night Rocker". Fucking classic. Who needs The Darkness when you have that cheese?

Anyway, back to the main question? Is McCartney a tool?

Exhibit One: Honey Pie
Exhibit Two: The Lovely Linda
Exhibit Three: Wings (discography)
Exhibit Four: Ebony and Ivory

Verdict: Without a doubt, a tool.

inmyplace13 said:
Unfortunately, my second hypothesis fails miserably.

Don't write off this hypothesis so quickly, Edge plays an Explorer and so does Hasselhoff. Oh, wait a minute, that's not a real Explorer just some cheesy knock-off.

Nevermind. Unless.....

lazarus said:

Exhibit One: Honey Pie

that song rules. it's supposed to be cheesy. mccartney wanted it to mimic the old time stuff his dad used to play.

IWasBored said:

that song rules. it's supposed to be cheesy. mccartney wanted it to mimic the old time stuff his dad used to play.

"Supposed to be cheesy" doesn't make it not cheesy, and doesn't make it good. It's an eyesore on the album. Plus, McCartney did this old-timey shit again and again. Didn't he get it out of his system with When I'm Sixty-Four? Maxwell's Silver Hammer is another example. Doing it once is funny, but McCartney didn't know when to quit.

I remember that famous Playboy interview with Lennon where he was asked to comment on virtually every Beatles song, and when Honey Pie was mentioned he groaned and said "I don't want to talk about that one."

i didn't say supposed to be cheesy means it isn't cheesy. i just said that it's intentionally that way. so yeah, no shit it's going to be cheesy. i still like the song, and it's fun to play when you're sitting at home bored.

I think everything about Yoko Ono is KILL ME. I haven't heard one good thing come out of that woman's mouth.

never been a big fan of his solo material, but if any artist in the music world has earned the right to an occassional tantrum methinks he be the one

Re: Re: Re: theetherealconnection.com

inmyplace13 said:

Yeah I heard that U2 had taken pictures of several castles before deciding on that particular one. Evidently, according to Larry, all the other castles "didn't look enough like a cock."

BWAHAHAHA One of the funniest things I heard all week.

Back
Top Bottom