Paul McCartney and Wife Separate......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

one4u2

ONE love, blood, life
Another one bites the dust again :ohmy:

LONDON - Paul McCartney and his second wife, Heather Mills McCartney, said Wednesday they are separating after nearly four years of marriage, citing pressures from the media and insisting their split is amicable.

"Having tried exceptionally hard to make our relationship work given the daily pressures surrounding us, it is with sadness that we have decided to go our separate ways," a statement from the couple said. "Our parting is amicable and both of us still care about each other very much."

McCartney, 63, and Mills, 38, married in June 2002, four years after his former wife, Linda McCartney, died of breast cancer. McCartney and Mills had a daughter, Beatrice, in October 2003.

"Separation for any couple is difficult enough, but to have to go through this so publicly, especially with a small daughter, is immensely stressful," it added. "We hope, for the sake of our baby daughter, that we will be given some space and time to get through this difficult period."

McCartney's wealth was estimated at $1.5 billion by the Sunday Times in their annual list of Britain's richest people. The couple are believed not to have a prenuptial agreement.

In 2002, Heather Mills told Vanity Fair that McCartney didn't force her to sign a prenuptial agreement before their huge wedding — despite tabloid reports to the contrary.

Mills said she offered to sign an agreement, but that McCartney — who was worth more than $1 billion at the time — wouldn't allow it.

"I wanted to prove that I love him for him," she was quoted by the magazine as saying. "He said, 'I wouldn't let you.'"

McCartney told the magazine that he knew some people would think he was being suckered by a gold digger.

"I"m not stupid," he told Vanity Fair. "Heather's a really nice person, or else I wouldn't be attracted in the least. She's great. But you're going to find people who are going to knock her, because the better story is the negative one."

Mills McCartney has been accused of meddling in her husband's career — such as the dismissal of his longtime publicist Geoff Baker — and even of influencing him on issues as diverse as dying his hair and plastic surgery.

In a statement on her personal Web site, Mills McCartney posted a note from McCartney blasting the press and denying the rumors.

"Although some of these articles can be funny, there are others that are plain malicious and you need to be strong not to be hurt by some of the cruel suggestions that flow from these peoples pens," the statement said.

Rumors of a rift between Mills-McCartney and the former Beatles' children — especially Stella McCartney — have circulated for years. The note on the Web site denied the gossip.

"The media sometimes suggests a rift between my kids and Heather, but in fact we get on great and anyone who knows our family can see this for themselves," McCartney wrote.

Mills is a former model and a vociferous animal rights campaigner who recently traveled with McCartney to eastern Canada to fight that country's seal hunt. The couple met in 1999 through Mills' charity, the Heather Mills Health Trust. She launched the trust after losing a leg in a motorcycle accident in 1993.

McCartney already has three children from his marriage to Linda, who died in 1998 — musician James, photographer Mary, and fashion designer Stella. He also has a stepdaughter, Heather, from Linda McCartney's first marriage.

That's sad, can't say I'm all that surprised though. Maybe they weren't quite compatible, far beyond the age difference. Maybe they could still work it out somehow.

That is sad. Doesn't anybody stay together anymore? :(

Wow, holy crappola, the celeb relationships just don't last anymore do they? The McCartneys seemed so compatible and in love to me. Just goes to prove that people change, circumstances change and the world still keeps on spinning.

SunBloc said:
That is sad. Doesn't anybody stay together anymore? :(

Pierce and Keely
77academy_a2449-p.jpg

Well i like her actually&i thought they were going to be for life :(

Love all the animal activism work she does :love:

"I heard the news today..."

When I get older, losing my hair, many years from now,
Will you still be sending me a Valentine,birthday greetings, bottle of wine?
If I'd been out 'till quarter to three,would you lock the door?
Will you still need me, will you still feed me,
When I'm sixty-four?

JanuaryStar said:
But it is sad though, that people seem to be separating more and more these days... :(

Well, in all honesty, the percentage of celebrity divorces are likely no different from the regular population. You're just not going to get daily headlines saying how celebrities are staying married and not getting a divorce.

Melon

melon said:
Well, in all honesty, the percentage of celebrity divorces are likely no different from the regular population. You're just not going to get daily headlines saying how celebrities are staying married and not getting a divorce.
true. rarely does an article like "tom hanks and rita wilson: still together after 18 years of marriage!" make the cover of people magazine. really, the only time you see anything close to that is when they do a whole bunch of celebrity couples who've been together for a long time and their "secrets" to staying together (which are no different than us regular peoples' "secrets").

KhanadaRhodes said:

true. rarely does an article like "tom hanks and rita wilson: still together after 18 years of marriage!" make the cover of people magazine. really, the only time you see anything close to that is when they do a whole bunch of celebrity couples who've been together for a long time and their "secrets" to staying together (which are no different than us regular peoples' "secrets").

Indeed. And Paul McCartney, lest we forget, had one of those envious kind of marriages with Linda, before she, most unfortunately, died.

We are all only human and mistakes are inevitable.

Melon

It was always going to be difficult for them, 'cause of the age difference, if nothing else. I didn't like her much either, but that was probably because i thought Linda was so great. I don't think it's credible to blame the media: i mean, he and Linda received a lot of media attention too...It's very sad. Especially since a baby is involved :(

Well I guess this answers the question "will you still need me, will you still feed me, when I'm 64?"

Sorry. :reject:

Anyway, it's sad. I thought they seemed happy.

I for one can't say I didn't see this coming. I never see pics of her with their 2 year old daughter, although I've seen plenty of pics of him with their daughter. Is the baby just an extra cash flow for her? :rant: :rant:

I didn't like her much either, but that was probably because i thought Linda was so great.

That's unfair. Don't you think Paul deserved happiness or that Linda would want him to find happiness again? I hate it when people are so nasty to a celebrities second wife/husband, and this always seems to be the case with The Beatles and never with U2. Do you hate Suzie because she is with Adam? Or did you dislike Morleigh because you thought Ainslin was great?

I thought Heather was a smashing lady who fought for her principles, her individuality from such a legendry musician, and had a big heart. She lost her leg helping out in Croatia & Bosnia. Plus she had a great vibrant personality. Just because she wasn't Linda, it doesn't mean that she's not a loverly person.

Them two seemed so much in love. There was a documentary in the UK last month about their campaign about the use of domestic cats and dogs in the furr trade. They just seemed to be perfect for each other. Such a shame :(

i heard a rumor that Stella *hated* Heather.

i get this really saucy weekly gossip email magazine that had this provocative question:

[q]Which popstar, egged on by Stella McCartney, "accidentally" stubbed her cigarette out on Heather Mills' wooden foot at her and Macca's wedding?[/q]

i'm really not kidding.

it's wicked, i know.

i'm going to hell.

sorry.

:reject:

Last edited:
Irvine511 said:
i heard a rumor that Stella *hated* Heather.

i get this really saucy weekly gossip email magazine that had this provocative question:

[q]Which popstar, egged on by Stella McCartney, "accidentally" stubbed her cigarette out on Heather Mills' wooden foot at her and Macca's wedding?[/q]

i'm really not kidding.

it's wicked, i know.

i'm going to hell.

sorry.

:reject:

:ohmy:

You'll be in very good company, that's where all the fun people will be. See you there. ;)

i think it's odd that they would cite meddling from the media as part of their problems, but then they're both off talking to vanity fair and posting notes on websites.

:huh:

:bono: I just really hope that Heather does not go yakking to every publication out there or shows up on her favorite show, Larry King Live. Then she will have to say, "oh yeah I guess it was'nt the media after all".:mad: :mad:

Back
Top Bottom