Paul is dead!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dorian Gray

Refugee
I think it's high time for a good conspiracy theory, don't you guys? :p

check out:
http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/3674/pid.html

I still can't get over the persistance of this hoax. Some refuse to accept the idea that the whole thing was fabricated, or that they're reading to far into it.

I do think that there are many clues in support of the idea though. Especially with regards to the covers of Sgt Peppers, Magical Mystery Tour, and Abbey Road. But I think this began as a rumor that Paul and the boys caught wind of (a rumor that probably started after the appearance of the scar on Paul's lip on the Yesterday...and Today cover) and subsequently decided to have a little fun with.

Whatever the story behind it though, you gotta admit it's a hell of a good conspiracy!
What do you guys think of it?

Last edited:
the fact that there are still so many websites dedicated to it today is testament to the enduring mystery surrounding it.

Last edited:
How Do You Sleep?
-John Lennon

So Sgt. Pepper took you by surprise
You better see right through that mother's eyes
Those freaks was right when they said you was dead
The one mistake you made was in your head
Ah, how do you sleep?
Ah, how do you sleep at night?

You live with straights who tell you you was king
Jump when your momma tell you anything
The only thing you done was Yesterday
And since you're gone you're just another day
Ah, how do you sleep?

Ah, how do you sleep?

A pretty face may last a year or two
But pretty soon they'll see what you can do
The sound you make is muzak to my ears
You must have learned something in all those years
Ah, how do you sleep?

not much bitterness amongst the Beatles after they broke up, eh?

Headache in a Suitcase said:
You must have learned something in all those years

not much bitterness amongst the Beatles after they broke up, eh?

nah... none at all... :mac:

weird lol. not really a beatles fan but reading the stuff on that site does make u wonder. i bet a die hard beatles fan would be able to make a good judgment. i'll show my brother that site later hehe :D

hahahaha...I read some of that stuff and had to stop

it is SO ridiculous!!!

I could start rumours that bono has been dead for years too using lyrics and all

"ooooh...this picture was taken from the perspective of paul in his grave":rolleyes:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
:laugh:

martha is right, i mean who sits there and listens to every album backwards for this crap? that U2 site (mysterious ways i believe) that has hidden messages and stuff is one thing because various people have contributed stuff. but the paul is dead rumour was started by one person, leading me to believe they actually sat there and listened to all these songs backwards, not to mention all the other songs they had to listen to to discover there were no hidden messages.

if any of this was true, i honestly think they would've gone through a greater trouble to have all the messages. you know, like every song saying something like "lol pranked, you all think paul's alive" or something. :huh:

That's slightly interesting, but I don't think that Paul is dead. I wouldn't be at all surprised if 1) someone took the lyrics a little too far, and made Beatles fans everywhere panic or 2) the Beatles started noticing this, and put subtle hints to spread the idea around just for the hell of it. I imagine that they, especially John(RIP) would think that was funny.

Last edited:
In any case, Paul McCartney after 1966>Paul McCartney before 1966.

Ha....Poor Paulie...I think John always gave him a really hard time...Thought it was funny..

Can't say I'd blame 'im.. :lmao:

::sees angry Paul fans brandishing large sticks::

Uh....:ohmy:...I mean..SO not CUTE!!

::paul fans growl rabidly::

:uhoh: ...:shrug:.. Oh, well. I tried...

:scream: ::heads for the hills::

Back
Top Bottom