Passion of the Christ Definative Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Justin24 said:

Would you consider any other jesus film better than passion? (King of Kings) Jesus of Nazareth etc..?

Nah, I think all the ones I've seen fall short. It's always hard to make a movie about a real person that most people know something about, and when it's someone who many think is the son of God, it's even harder.

coemgen said:

You're right, it's not historically accurate. It's not bloody enough.

he would have lost so much blood he wouldn't have been able to walk, let alone carry a cross.

there's historical evidence for the 39 lashings, NOT for the scourging, nor for carrying an entire wooden cross up the hill. chances are, he only carried the small cross section and the pole itself was already there.

Justin24 said:

Would you consider any other jesus film better than passion? (King of Kings) Jesus of Nazareth etc..?
BEN HUR
Great Jesus film, because all he does is bring the guy a cup of water and then he's gone.

Irvine511 said:

he would have lost so much blood he wouldn't have been able to walk, let alone carry a cross.

there's historical evidence for the 39 lashings, NOT for the scourging, nor for carrying an entire wooden cross up the hill. chances are, he only carried the small cross section and the pole itself was already there.

I was refering to how violent the process typically was back then. It often was worse. I thought you were saying because it was that bloody, it wasn't accurate.

I'm impressed with your background on the subject. :up:

coemgen said:

I was refering to how violent the process typically was back then. It often was worse. I thought you were saying because it was that bloody, it wasn't accurate.

I'm impressed with your background on the subject. :up:

fair enough.

:up:

jesus3tl4.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom