Paris Hiltons First Music Video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, Paris manages to rip off Blondie's The Tide is High and make a video for it lifted from Madonna's Cherish.

She needs to go away.

wasn't this a Chris Isaak video?

except now it's 456 times skankier.

:yes: The black and white bits totally rip off Chris Isaak's Crying game video.

Okay, I will try to discuss.

Honest to God, I don't mind Paris Hilton, but I couldn't even make it to the end. Her voice is better than, say, Cindy Crawford's. But really, the song is awful (contrived, more bubble gum than early Britney, and so forth). The video is not really all that sexy or enjoyable to watch. The lyrics are bad. The acting between PH and that guy seems a bit forced, as opposed to the Chris Isaak video others have mentioned. Even PH in her solo shots looks weird and strained. It also reminded me of Christina Aguilera's first video (Genie in a Bottle). It seems like the scenes cut back and forth too fast. I tried to find something redeeming. I just couldn't do it. :|

Yertle, what did you think?

Last edited:
yertle-the-turtle said:
It's a pity this thread will receive 10000 standard responses and actual discussions will get shafted to page 2.

It's Paris Hilton -- is there anything to actually discuss? Everything about the girl (and this song and video) are utterly and completely disposable. :shrug:

Prescription to make a bubble-gum shitty-pop song for a ignorant-easy-million-dollar-maker-blond-that-wants-to-become-a-singer-just-to-make-a-few-more-million:

Step 1: take Madonna's "Cherish" video as a base
Step 2: mix it all with Chris Isaak's "Wicked game" video
Step 3: add a few sketches of a Beyonce's song, Christina Aguilera's "Genie in a bottle" and Madonna's "Love profusion"
Step 4: mix all those elements very well
Step 5: switch the main singer of the videos mentioned above to that stupid blond.

Note: don't forget to add the shitty music and the shitty lyrics for MTV to air it and to become an easy Billboard Hot100 entry in the top 10.

Here you have, enjoy it!

tantrum.gif

Why oh why oh WHYYYYYY..................is she allowed to hurt my ears like that.
*excuse me i'm about to...........:barf: *

Just when I thought I ran out of reasons to poke out my eyes and cut off my ears.

I'll admit it is an improvement to her....shall i say, previous video :wink:

indra said:

It's Paris Hilton -- is there anything to actually discuss? Everything about the girl (and this song and video) are utterly and completely disposable. :shrug:

So why start the thread in the first place? Oh, so perhaps we can revel in how smart we all are at liking 'real' music.

Nice try, by the way, HG. :)

yertle is cool beans, guys

yertle-the-turtle said:
So why start the thread in the first place?
:goutrage:

i'm pretty sure this thread was meant to provoke the music lovers in here.

given the subject matter, it probably should have been started in zoo station, so that the people who truly enjoy music don't have to be bothered with it.

If it were anyone other than Paris Hilton, I might be in here saying, "Hey, that's not a bad Big Dumb Pop Song!" But because it's Paris ... well, you know.

yertle-the-turtle said:

So why start the thread in the first place? Oh, so perhaps we can revel in how smart we all are at liking 'real' music.

Nice try, by the way, HG. :)

Oh please.

Not all discussion of music has to be serious. If you don't like the fucking thread (and the topic is clear by the title) you don't have to open it or read it. So why did you? So you could congratulate youself about how much better you are that you would never stoop so low as to start such a thread while you slag off those who do?

And since you were the one to ask, where is your "real" discussion of this song and video?

:eyebrow:

indra said:

Oh please.

Not all discussion of music has to be serious. If you don't like the fucking thread (and the topic is clear by the title) you don't have to open it or read it. So why did you? So you could congratulate youself about how much better you are that you would never stoop so low as to start such a thread while you slag off those who do?

And since you were the one to ask, where is your "real" discussion of this song and video?

:eyebrow:

You've pretty much hit the nail on the head there, except I was referring to other threads which can offer so much in finding out about new music being overlooked because people want to have opinions on two bit celebrities or on music they form opinions on even before they hear it.

But yes, everything else you say is correct. It's 3:30 in the morning, I shall go to bed knowing I am the king of this forum in light of the great virtue that I have had bestowed on me through Excalibur. Bow down to the King.

I could only handle about 30 secs.

Video - sucks

Song - sucks

Paris - we all know she sucks

bono_man2002 said:
Just when I thought I ran out of reasons to poke out my eyes and cut off my ears.

I'll admit it is an improvement to her....shall i say, previous video :wink:

I have to agree with this. As bad as Paris appears to be as a singer and performer, she was a lot worse in the infamous home video, which probably went a long way for dispelling any delusions people had about sleeping with certain celebrities.

To put it bluntly, she came off as a pretty lousy lay.

How's that for serious discussion on Page Two?

Back
Top Bottom