Parcells - ends a long and successful career - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-23-2007, 11:36 PM   #31
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words

I don't think this phenomenon is unique to the Cowboys, but, it does seem to be more prevalent with bigger name teams, at least in my experience. But, I know a lot more than 2 Cowboy fans, and I live nowhere near Dallas.
Or teams that have recently started winning big, that's all.

I was at a Magic game tonight, and they played the Mavericks.

There were probably an "even amount of fans" at the game, really.

I think 4 of them might've been Mavs fans 10 years ago.

Old 01-24-2007, 10:40 AM   #32
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:08 PM
Quote:

But, I know a lot more than 2 Cowboy fans, and I live nowhere near Dallas.
I said I know 2 REAL Cowboy fans. I have known dozens, maybe hundreds of 'cowboy fans', but they were bandwagoners and fakes who didn't know their ass from a hole in the ground, they only wanted to brag, trash talk and wear that star

Old 01-24-2007, 01:04 PM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

It's looks like this thread has turned into a tangent about the Cowboys and their fans. I believe the focus is supposed to be on Parcells.
It's been rumored already that Parcells might go to the Jets as a consultant, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Old 01-24-2007, 01:09 PM   #34
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten

I said I know 2 REAL Cowboy fans. I have known dozens, maybe hundreds of 'cowboy fans', but they were bandwagoners and fakes who didn't know their ass from a hole in the ground, they only wanted to brag, trash talk and wear that star
Yeah, I know what you said and thought I replied directly to it. When I said that I knew more than 2 Cowboy fans, figured it was clear that I meant more than 2 REAL fans, since I was replying to what you said. Not bandwagoners or fakes, actual Cowboy fans. Since I'm in my 30's and follow sports pretty closely, it's kind of implied that I'll have met more than 2 REAL Cowboy fans by now. Bandwagon fans are annoying, but as I said, they pop up all the time for all teams.

As for Parcells, I always have admired and respected his coaching ability and track record, and I'm sorry to see him go, especially on the note their season ended on. But, when he agreed to take Jerry Jones' $$$, he must have known what he was getting into, so the team going out and getting TO did not surprise me, and it would shock me if his presence on the team did not contribute to Parcells leaving. I heard a rumor at work, though, that Parcells was forced out, and they allowed him to quit...that he was all set to head to the combines as of Monday morning, but then all of a sudden he retired. Not saying it is true, just something we heard.
Old 01-24-2007, 01:46 PM   #35
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by MrPryck2U
You know, before maybe last week, I can't say that I've ever heard the Cowboys referred to as the Smellboys.
It's something my brother and I made up when we were kids, and it stuck. I have a hard time not calling them that

Quote:

Yeah, I know what you said and thought I replied directly to it. When I said that I knew more than 2 Cowboy fans, figured it was clear that I meant more than 2 REAL fans, since I was replying to what you said. Not bandwagoners or fakes, actual Cowboy fans.
Okay!

Quote:
Since I'm in my 30's and follow sports pretty closely
Me too!

Quote:
Bandwagon fans are annoying, but as I said, they pop up all the time for all teams.
Oh sure, all successful teams get them, but at least in my life, in VA, there is nothing to compare to Cowboy bandwagoning. Another factor is that this is big Redskin country, and a lot of people like to be jerks and root for Dallas just to piss off the Redskin fans.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:51 PM   #36
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I'm not sure if when Parcells signed as Cowboys' coach that he anticipated Double J getting TO. TO just happened to be available at a certain time. Like after last season, 3 years into Parcells' run as coach. TO was a microcosm of why Parcells left and was NOT forced out. Today's NFL star is a prima donna asshole who thinks he's above the coach. When Double J sees TO, he sees dollar signs, that's why TO is still around. Like him or not, he's ratings or asses in seats. Parcells was either going to have to deal with it or quit. He chose to quit. Good for him. We all know Parcells' credo is "my way or the highway, pal!". TO is a proverbial crack in the dam. Parcells could eventually see that in the coming years, there will be more prima donna assholes like TO and Randy Moss. He's in mid-60's. Why should he deal with all of this bullshit? For Bill Parcells, it's always got to be about what's in the best interest of Bill Parcells. In Dallas, leaving was his best move. Also, knowing Parcells, I think he'll pop up sooner or later as a "consultant" somewhere. It's a long offseason.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:37 PM   #37
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:08 PM
Jason Garrett spoke with Jones today about the Cowboys job.

????
Old 01-24-2007, 05:46 PM   #38
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:08 AM
Quote:
I'm not sure if when Parcells signed as Cowboys' coach that he anticipated Double J getting TO. TO just happened to be available at a certain time. Like after last season, 3 years into Parcells' run as coach. TO was a microcosm of why Parcells left and was NOT forced out. Today's NFL star is a prima donna asshole who thinks he's above the coach. When Double J sees TO, he sees dollar signs, that's why TO is still around. Like him or not, he's ratings or asses in seats. Parcells was either going to have to deal with it or quit. He chose to quit. Good for him. We all know Parcells' credo is "my way or the highway, pal!". TO is a proverbial crack in the dam. Parcells could eventually see that in the coming years, there will be more prima donna assholes like TO and Randy Moss. He's in mid-60's. Why should he deal with all of this bullshit? For Bill Parcells, it's always got to be about what's in the best interest of Bill Parcells. In Dallas, leaving was his best move. Also, knowing Parcells, I think he'll pop up sooner or later as a "consultant" somewhere. It's a long offseason.
Oh, I doubt Parcells or anyone else could have predicted a TO signing, but, it was not a surprise, either. Guys like Jones, Snyder, they have egos a mile wide and like to make headlines, and maybe win ball games, too. An organization like the Steelers would never sign a clown like TO, for example, so anyone taking a job there can be pretty sure that it's about winning football games, not about marketing and such. So, Parcells knew what he was getting into when he joined Jones' circus. Or he should have.

Was gonna say, bandwagon Boys fans in the VA area must be obnoxious, that's Skins country. Same when I grew up in NYC...you do not want to be a Boys or Skins or Eagles fan there. Glad someone in here is as prehistoric as I am, U2kitten.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:23 AM   #39
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I live on Long Island(NY) and there are a decent amount of Cowboy's fans. Remember, they used to be called America's team. Plus, Parcells has got this area covered having coached the Giants and Jets. I hated when he took the Dallas job. I'm pretty sure Pats' fans hated when he went to the Jets. It seems to me that Parcells was all about the power and the money. Without enough of either one, he didn't stick around too long. Great coach, though.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:05 AM   #40
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by zoney!
Jason Garrett spoke with Jones today about the Cowboys job.

????
Apparently about the offensive coordinator job and the head coaching job...who's running these interviews? Al Davis?

I bet Jones wishes he had held on to Sean Payton last offseason, he'd have stepped in as head coach 30 seconds after Tuna resigned.
Old 01-25-2007, 12:07 PM   #41
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Really, the Giants haven't even made it to the NFC championship game since Parcells left.
even if this were true, which it isn't... HE WON TWO SUPER BOWLS.

two... count 'em. one, two.

after winning two super bowls, he can do whatever the hell he wants from that point on. he could spit on an LT jersey if he wants. he won two, he did more than enough in my book.

saying someone screwed a team when they left after providing said team with a championship is very red sox fan of you
Old 01-25-2007, 12:55 PM   #42
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Dude, relax! Someone pointed out already that the Giants made it to the Super Bowl after he left. I already explained that I erased it from my memory because they lost. It's gonna be ok. I think you need a hug. Face it, Parcells is a whore. I'm glad he coached the Giants to 2 Super Bowl victories, but that was a long time ago.
By the way, he did screw the Giants. They were in the middle of mini camp when he resigned from the team. As a result, there were no coaches really available and the Giants were forced to hire Ray Handley.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:32 PM   #43
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Ray Handley.
Now there's a train wreck if ever there was one.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:33 PM   #44
Blue Crack Distributor

he's no rich kotite
Old 01-25-2007, 01:37 PM   #45
Blue Crack Addict

They were like 2 trains on the same track, one heading east and the other west...bam 2 train wrecks.