Pantyface and other stories

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cujo

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I've been to a lot of sporting events and I've heard some pretty messed up things.

One time I went to a Flames game and there were some Eastern European guys sitting to the right of me. I'm not sure if they were booing or cheering Roman Turek, but everytime he made a save they yelled out "Pantyface" in thick accents... maybe something was lost there in the translation, but from what I gather, Roman Turek is an underpants head (coincidently many would agree with that)...

Another time I was watching an Avs/Blackhawks game, where Steve Sullivan was hit in the face with a puck. Some Colorado fan was making fun of Steve's cut, which no doubt perturbed Steve. So, Sullivan went on to score a hat trick for revenge... but the best thing that happened was a total fluke. Near the end of the game Patrick Roy cleared the puck over the glass and the puck struck the same fan that was heckling Sullivan. Steve then went over and gave the universal sarcastic look of "oh poor baby"... that is the best revenge story ever.

Does anyone else have weird stories from games they've seen...?

cujo said:
Another time I was watching an Avs/Blackhawks game, where Steve Sullivan was hit in the face with a puck. Some Colorado fan was making fun of Steve's cut, which no doubt perturbed Steve. So, Sullivan went on to score a hat trick for revenge... but the best thing that happened was a total fluke. Near the end of the game Patrick Roy cleared the puck over the glass and the puck struck the same fan that was heckling Sullivan. Steve then went over and gave the universal sarcastic look of "oh poor baby"... that is the best revenge story ever.

Does anyone else have weird stories from games they've seen...?

I totally remember that! It was pretty funny. :lol:

One of the funniest things I ever saw was at a Dodge shoot-out--not one of the All-Star ones, but one the Avalanche put on.
A woman held up a sign which said "Wow, such good son-in-law material!" And specifically listed which players, but we couldn't read their names....

Ville Niminen skated by all slowly, very obviously reading it. The woman got very excited and started jumping up and down. Once he realized what it said, he looked at the woman, her daughters, turned bright red and skated quickly away. This was repeated with several players....

At a Capitals-Avs game, I also saw 5 or 6 guys decked out in complete hockey gear, carrying a sign that said something like "Avs 10th line" :eyebrow: I thought it was incredibly odd that anyone would go to a game in costume. Plus it must have been really uncomfortable to sit in all that stuff.

Re: Re: Pantyface and other stories

AvsGirl41 said:
At a Capitals-Avs game, I also saw 5 or 6 guys decked out in complete hockey gear, carrying a sign that said something like "Avs 10th line" :eyebrow: I thought it was incredibly odd that anyone would go to a game in costume. Plus it must have been really uncomfortable to sit in all that stuff.

You must travel to a Canadian hockey city... there are some real crazies (myself included)...

The best though is when they have those big money one shot goals during intermission... last time I went there were these two Leafs fans from Washington State who had never been on ice before... It was actually sad hearing the entire Saddledome laugh at their incompetency.

just last week there was one of those for a million dollars and the guy wiffed and then fell on his ass, he tried to get up and shoot again (which i think he should have since he never really got a "shot") but the hot puck girl came and stole the puck before he could. quite the tragedy.

I was just reminded of another one by a family member--

LA Kings game, a woman sitting on the glass in a pink bra. No top, no coat, just a bra. I can't figure out if she was trying to be slutty or if she thought that was a perfectly acceptable top. She certainly wasn't showing off, just sitting there calmly.

She must have been very cold. Only in LA. :uhoh:

Last edited:
Who could forget Janet Gretzky getting assaulted by a falling sheet of glass... it looked like she was trying to mime underneath it. The best though, is that Wayne stayed in the game while she was taken away to the hospital. He truly is the Great One.

Also the Disco Inferno (Shea Stadium?) night was pretty funny too, in between the doubleheader baseball game.

Re: Re: Pantyface and other stories

AvsGirl41 said:

Come to Canada during the players and if you dont see people dressed up you will think there is something wrong. In Edmonton we have the rowdy muckers. They dress up in bright orange coveralls and go NUTS. They drive a old beat up truck that is blue with a 10 foot oil pumper thing. They are nuts, they are always on the radio. I'm sure it happens in all the other CND cities.

Re: Re: Re: Pantyface and other stories

bonoman said:

Come to Canada during the players and if you dont see people dressed up you will think there is something wrong. In Edmonton we have the rowdy muckers. They dress up in bright orange coveralls and go NUTS. They drive a old beat up truck that is blue with a 10 foot oil pumper thing. They are nuts, they are always on the radio. I'm sure it happens in all the other CND cities.

I'll be there man... really gonna scare people if they think what I normally wear is odd...

Back
Top Bottom