Pan Pacs............Thorpey domination??????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OzAurora

Refugee
The Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
Yay the pan pacs start this weekend and they are being held somewhere in Japan I think, I just love watching the swimming, mainly cause I think Ian Thorpe is such a freak of nature and an incredible swimmer, I do believe that if he keeps his current form and it lasts beyond the next olympics that he will be regarded as the greatest swimmer ever........so anyone else going to be watching the Pan Pacs, got any predictions??????:)

I'm so hopeless at predictions I think I will wait to post after certain races :D

Did you see the 2 4x100's Oz? How close were they both? I really didnt think we would win the mens and of course super freak boy pulled some amazing stunt to pull just ahead on the last what...20 metres?

Oh hey, since when did the women do a 1500???? Much impressed am I! Way to go Munz!

Well there's the 3 races I have seen so far lol, so I will just say I hope Hackett can be the bride for some of them this time round :D

I want to move to Australia. I was just looking at you guys' listings and this is all over tv for you. Im jealous!

sounds like the US had a really bad first day but is making a comeback. does anyone know when they are going to air this in the States? i havent seen it yet
they are showing summer Nationals august 28 & 30 on one of the espns i think.

so Angie, did you guys take both the mens and womens 400 free relay? or did your guys get the free and medley relays? i am confusedeth! and has the thorpedo got a girl yet?? :D

Oops, sorry Nik, yeah they were the 400 free's we won both in. Both were so incredibly close. I think our women only won it for their change overs. I dont know a lot about swimming, but I think that is all that got us home first. The men's was unbelievably close for all 4 legs. It was a 3 way race the whole time between Canada, America and us...I think it was Canada anyway...I cant remember now lol.

So this isn't televised there? We have one channel dedicating its evening hours to the whole thing.

Hope to see you one day there Nik, doing yourself and America proud!

Forgot to ask, BG, have women always done a 1500? I thought they only did up to 800 metres. One of your girls won that one at least! I have no doubt your team has since taken over with the medals since I saw it the other night :D

the pan pacs have been most enjoyable thus far- cant believe they are not showing them in America- bymmer!!!! I think from what I remember that the women's 1500 is only swum at certain meets, like I know it is not an olympic event however some events recognise it as an event- that is a torturous event though- when I go for a swim I am flat out swimming 20 laps in a row at a steady pace, but then again I was always a sprinter and Thorpey is still the man and the super freak of the water and in case you didn't know Blue, Thorpey is gay, well it hasn't been officially released yet but it is like an unofficial thing, I guess when he steps out of the swimming spotlight he will be more open about it- tough spot for him to be in I guess and how do I know this info, well I have had numerous friends work as swimming instructors for the national team and at the Australian institute of sport and apparently it is common knowledge in the sporting fields:)

great thanks Ang! and what exactly are you apologising for? :eyebrow:
no they arent showing it here, as of yet anyway. usually these things mysteriously show up on tv about a month late, but I cant seem to find it anywhere in the listings. you can be my personal updater though since I am too lazy to load up the USA swimming website to check up on things. Your country has always been a lot more into swimming than ours, you're lucky.

well the 1500 is not in Olympic competition for the women as far as I know just because it's tradition. It is however an event at almost all meets now (I mean I swim it regularly, in fact it's one of my best events, so really it exists at all levels...just not little kids in age group swimming). I have a feeling it may be a part of next Olympics but Im not sure if they are trying to change that or not.

yeah OzAurora, that's what Angie told me the rumor was, I just didn't believe it. regardless he seems like a great person, it's not really an issue, I was just joking cos I am always clueless :)

i just want to thump thorpe and hackett simultaneously in the heads :yuck:

Back
Top Bottom