PaloAlto?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissVelvetDress_75

Blue Crack Addict
basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized b
thoughts?
anyone of ever heard of them?

i read a nice review of the band yesterday in my local paper and see that they are playing in Atlanta tomorrow night. I am going to check them out with my cousin especially since it is only for $8. they said the band is doing really well in the UK and are influenced by brit rock but they are from LA. so i want to know what if any thoughts about this band people have before i check them out.

I've seen their names in the music press a lot lately, and I think I even listened to one of their songs once. I dont remember it at all though. Maybe I'm mixing them up with someone else. Who knows, I'm an idiot.

alright here is my update:

PALOALTO = damn good rock music :up:

this band is very much influenced by Brit Rock, but they do not sound anything like Coldplay or Radiohead. I would put them in the Oasis and Idlewild categories. There are a few tunes that are mellow but that is about it. the other songs are very much rocking songs very punkish as well. i really enjoyed the show and the bands who opened for them. I forgot the name of the first band but they sure as hell reminded me and my cousin of the Ramones. their look and sound. the second band Whitelight Motorcade was another rocking band. they too have a very british rock sound and look to them. i highly recommend them to all if they are in your town. Q magazine gave them a great review as well.

oh and they are not a christian rock band.

SkeeK said:
i know the RH b-side.. but not the band

:up:

I listened to part of their album at a listening station at a record store. I liked their sound. They are from teh States, but have that britrock sound. I have a feeling they are opening for someone coming up soon...Grand daddy or Supergrass or something. I forget.

zonelistener said:

Ah, yes. They re opening for supergrass.

Heads....where will you be seeing this Supergrass play?

`Canes in San Diego. Super small club, prolly 500 person capacity. I can't fookin' wait.

Back
Top Bottom