Pairs Figure Skating Aftermath

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree. I thought (still do) at the time that that was the worst thing that could have happened for figure skating. I'm happy those two got their medals, but it is a quick fix, and because of that, nothing good regarding judging will ever come of the controversy because the media spotlight is no longer there.

Originally posted by The Blunt Edge:
...I'm happy those two got their medals, but it is a quick fix, and because of that, nothing good regarding judging will ever come of the controversy because the media spotlight is no longer there.

Agreed.

The sport has been marred by controversy since, ewll, the 70s. It's really ridiculous. It was a quick fix: Canadians get gold, media stops complaining, Canadians are happy, Americans are happy, etc..

What they really should do is clean up the sport big time. New rules, new judging system. But it won't happen as long as Ottavio Cinquanta is president. He's up for re-election in the spring. Let's see if he can buy himself enough votes to keep himself in power...

Originally posted by The_Sweetest_Thing:
But it won't happen as long as Ottavio Cinquanta is president. He's up for re-election in the spring. Let's see if he can buy himself enough votes to keep himself in power...

He's a speed skater anyways. Even though he knows about the cheating, I don't think he really 'gets it.' I mean, he participated in a sport where you race against the clock, and he's probably a bit confused and lost. At least he sounds confused and lost. And stupid.
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom