Paekakariki, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I better get some sleep, folks ... :wave:
Aw, is Enrique Iglesias too much for you? :wink:

:hug: Goodnight Ax!

no way :lmao: now we're influencing dutch radio?

sounds like my kind of place. no wonder they're the whinging poms, all the rain and grey..

i bought a few bags of ice and had an ice bath when i came home from work, only lasted a few minutes! it's not right. but kudos for you, i think i'd
rather 40C than 0... way too cold for me. or maybe i'm just a wuss. :lol

:love yes! it'll be a looooong night but i love it already. followed by a every-mario-kart-track night?

hmmm... paper scissors rock?

i'm not going to take you on with my yellow belt ol:
Apparently! :lol: There's a request hour going on and some guy requested it for his late father.
Rain is okay, but not all the time. I'm glad to live where I live, there's a lot of rain, but in summer there's always a couple of sunny weeks. And the temperature doesn't rise above 35C!

:lol: How did you get the ice to your house without it all melting? And 0C is cold to you? THen you better not come here in winter, this winter was the coldest one in years! Average temperature was about -5 in January!

:love: That's a deal! I'm gonna whoop your ass at Double Dash. :yes:

:wink: You could always try to strangle me with the belt?

night ax :wave

I was in love with Friends too, don't worry... watched it religiously. Chandler was the shit D there was something annoying about The Nanny, just can't quite put my finger on it :wink

i know, :lol. we shouldn't be. i can't wait when i get asked how i spent saturday night, so i can say 'reminiscing about enrique iglesias videos' :lol

i think my 9500th post was about craig david...

well if you are ever bored, i think their latest album is quite dandy.

Friends is still great to me, I still haven't seen all episodes. Chandler was pretty damn funny yes!
Gee, I wonder what that would be. Some nasal issue perhaps? :wink:

:lmao: Oh that sounds like the best thing to do on a saturday night! Though, it's friday here! :p

Wow Craig David, I remember that vaguely. He's got a track Walking Away right? That's completely ripped off of another track?

our posts always get longer and longer :lol:

Apparently! :lol: There's a request hour going on and some guy requested it for his late father.
Rain is okay, but not all the time. I'm glad to live where I live, there's a lot of rain, but in summer there's always a couple of sunny weeks. And the temperature doesn't rise above 35C!

:lol: How did you get the ice to your house without it all melting? And 0C is cold to you? THen you better not come here in winter, this winter was the coldest one in years! Average temperature was about -5 in January!

:love: That's a deal! I'm gonna whoop your ass at Double Dash. :yes:

:wink: You could always try to strangle me with the belt?

Friends is still great to me, I still haven't seen all episodes. Chandler was pretty damn funny yes!
Gee, I wonder what that would be. Some nasal issue perhaps? :wink:

:lmao: Oh that sounds like the best thing to do on a saturday night! Though, it's friday here! :p

Wow Craig David, I remember that vaguely. He's got a track Walking Away right? That's completely ripped off of another track?
i haven't actually heard any julio. do you like him?

that sounds pretty damn perfect. i live in melbourne, which, as axver can back up, is the strangest city weather wise. it will literally rain, hail and shine within 10 minutes here on some days.

i was desperate, so i flicked my L plates round to Ps and drove to the servo round the corner.. :reject: neg 5? i don't think i've ever experienced that. i'd be trying to climb in my fireplace i think.

double dash.. you're on! :wink: just watch out, i'm kind of pro at moo moo farm. and more. shotgun toad if i lose out, and you get yoshi.

i remember half of the first kata... scared?

yeah craig david sang that song. i was a big fan. it had the same film clip pretty much as everybody hurts by r.e.m.

cos i was so awesome as a kid :wink:

I need more smileys to fit in one post if I want to multiquote more! :lol:

Nope, haven't heard any of his tracks before either. Can't say I care much about it, it's... not exactly my kinda music. Kinda slow and romantic ballad ish. :yawn:

That weather sounds like fun! Oh man, I so am going to start saving as much as possible now. If U2 are going to Oz in 2010, I so want to go to Melbourne. If you're not coming here, I'll just come and get you! :mac:

What are L and P plates? :confused: I have no clue what this whole sentence means!
:lol: Well it's not bad at all, I like the cold. Snow is great, and we could ice skate for the first time in 10 years! On natural ice ofcourse, the rivers and such.
And there's nothing better than cuddling in front of the fireplace with a cup of hot chocolate milk. Not that I have a fireplace, but still, the idea's there.

Oh you can have Yoshi on this game. It's the only one where I don't use him. I usually have Bowser jr. with either Parakoopa(red) or Toad/toadette. Always using Toads cart. :wink:

Frightened to death. I know every kata and pinan up to black belt. And a couple of higher ones too. Bite me.:wink:

Ah, I don't know either video tbh. I just remember hearing that song and thinking wow, that sounds like '''''... though I now don't remember what song it was.

You're still very much awesome. :yes:

it's music for mum... with mother's day approaching fast my mum is stocking up on all her romantic-y music :vomit:

it is!! it's like a guessing game, the weather bureas are never right. it's why some of us melbournians have umbrellas, even on good days :lol:

i wanted to save up for europe.. but no chance, so yeah you can come and chase me :tongue: i'm still hoping they're on their way.

sorrry... they go on cars, L plate to show you are a 'learner' driver, meaning you can't drive on your own, and P to show you are on a 'probationary' license, meaning no drinks :grumpy:

yeah we got a fireplace pretty much for that purpose, you can come use mine when you come down, it rocks :drool:

shiiiit... thought my yellow belt would just catch you off guard... but i probably won't even realise you just whipped me.

i think i have to crash soon... its 130am and i'm struggling next to this fireplace..:lol:

it's music for mum... with mother's day approaching fast my mum is stocking up on all her romantic-y music :vomit:

it is!! it's like a guessing game, the weather bureas are never right. it's why some of us melbournians have umbrellas, even on good days :lol:

i wanted to save up for europe.. but no chance, so yeah you can come and chase me :tongue: i'm still hoping they're on their way.

sorrry... they go on cars, L plate to show you are a 'learner' driver, meaning you can't drive on your own, and P to show you are on a 'probationary' license, meaning no drinks :grumpy:

yeah we got a fireplace pretty much for that purpose, you can come use mine when you come down, it rocks :drool:

shiiiit... thought my yellow belt would just catch you off guard... but i probably won't even realise you just whipped me.

i think i have to crash soon... its 130am and i'm struggling next to this fireplace..:lol:

Haha, well you know what to give for Mother's day then! :lol:

Oh I'd definately chase you. :shifty:

Ah, so you have a similar system as the Americans then? Here you either have a license, or not. You can start lessons at 18, get your theory first, then do a practical exam and if you get that you get a license. A beginner(under 24) can only drink 1 glass of alcoholic beverages and a regular driver can have two. I never understood the whole driving with someone next to you in the car thing. It's not like that person is able to stop you if it goes wrong. :huh: They don't have access to the pedals whatshowever.

I'd definately take you up on that offer some day! I guess I could teach you some Kata's in front of the fireplace or so. :wink:

pffft only 1.30 am?

I still have no clue how on earth I managed to stay up until 5.30 am. I usually am the first to pass out and I can sleep anyplace, anywhere, anytime. No matter the circumstances, if I'm tired, I fall asleep without wanting it to happen. And now I just stayed awake! I was a bit tired around midnight but it passed, as soon as we went outside it was totally gone. Cold does that.

Mkay, you go to bed, I go to the supermarket. Deal? :hug:

Haha, well you know what to give for Mother's day then! :lol:

Oh I'd definately chase you. :shifty:

Ah, so you have a similar system as the Americans then? Here you either have a license, or not. You can start lessons at 18, get your theory first, then do a practical exam and if you get that you get a license. A beginner(under 24) can only drink 1 glass of alcoholic beverages and a regular driver can have two. I never understood the whole driving with someone next to you in the car thing. It's not like that person is able to stop you if it goes wrong. :huh: They don't have access to the pedals whatshowever.

I'd definately take you up on that offer some day! I guess I could teach you some Kata's in front of the fireplace or so. :wink:

pffft only 1.30 am?

I still have no clue how on earth I managed to stay up until 5.30 am. I usually am the first to pass out and I can sleep anyplace, anywhere, anytime. No matter the circumstances, if I'm tired, I fall asleep without wanting it to happen. And now I just stayed awake! I was a bit tired around midnight but it passed, as soon as we went outside it was totally gone. Cold does that.

Mkay, you go to bed, I go to the supermarket. Deal? :hug:
i can't wait for the tour now.. :p

yeah, but ours you can start learning at 16, go for your practical at 18, pass that, you have a probationary license for 3 years, no drinks, only one passenger between ages of 16-21... very strict. once you have a full license your blood alcohol content can't go over 0.05%, or you get booked! the instructors here have brake pedals on their side, it makes you really edgy.

yeahhh i'm up for that, the traditional way hey?

now it doesn't sound so late :lol: more awake now i'm in my room. ish. 530am is a massive stint.. but yeah you get to a point where you aren't tired any more, your cold weather would keep narcolepsy sufferers awake, :wink:

yep sounds like a good deal

goodnight xx

i can't wait for the tour now.. :p

yeah, but ours you can start learning at 16, go for your practical at 18, pass that, you have a probationary license for 3 years, no drinks, only one passenger between ages of 16-21... very strict. once you have a full license your blood alcohol content can't go over 0.05%, or you get booked! the instructors here have brake pedals on their side, it makes you really edgy.

yeahhh i'm up for that, the traditional way hey?

now it doesn't sound so late :lol: more awake now i'm in my room. ish. 530am is a massive stint.. but yeah you get to a point where you aren't tired any more, your cold weather would keep narcolepsy sufferers awake, :wink:

yep sounds like a good deal

goodnight xx

:hyper: Is it July yet????????

I do hope that if they go to Australia, it'd be in July or June then. That'd be great timing. :hmm:

Well it's strict but I understand the reasons. Other passengers can only distract you and they often will. yeah the instructors have all the pedals here too, but I meant that in America you can drive with your parent sitting next to you, in a regular car! That makes no sense to me.

:shifty: You're a fan of traditional things?

Well I haven't been up after midnight in weeks, so it was kinda odd. I hope I can sleep tonight though, gotta work tomorrow! :lol:

:hug: Sleep well!

:hyper: Is it July yet????????

I do hope that if they go to Australia, it'd be in July or June then. That'd be great timing. :hmm:

Well it's strict but I understand the reasons. Other passengers can only distract you and they often will. yeah the instructors have all the pedals here too, but I meant that in America you can drive with your parent sitting next to you, in a regular car! That makes no sense to me.

:shifty: You're a fan of traditional things?

Well I haven't been up after midnight in weeks, so it was kinda odd. I hope I can sleep tonight though, gotta work tomorrow! :lol:

:hug: Sleep well!
july would kick ass, my birthday's on the 18th. perfection.

yeah no sense to me either :lol: i never want to drive with them again..

i'm a traditionalist at heart :wink:

me too, i've got a party tomorrow night as well, so it's going to be an uphill battle methinks

:hug: shop well!

haha night x

I just remembered what Walking Away is a rip off from.

It's actually One by U2.

It's hillarious, just let the guitar riff of one play over the song, it fits perfectly!

And I still haven't gone grocery shopping yet. I'm still not hungry and I'd be missing Charmed if I left now!

Oh, you can tell I have essays piling up - I'm suddenly being all productive around the house this morning. Dishes done, bathroom cleaned, oh and I wrote a review of NLOTH on RYM because why waste writing time writing stuff that's actually going to be assessed ...

Haha, yeah, I think the fact that my room is completely packed a week before move out is pretty indicative of finals week.

Ashley, you know what you should do?

Listen to my DI VI list!

Fuck, I forgot about that. Ax, I'm not feeling so hot right now, all I really want to do is lay down. If I did it in the morning, I suppose it'd be too late wouldn't it?

Nah, that'd be fine, phanan says we've until Sunday.

Anyway, I'm out. :wave:

Ooh, no I'm not. Just put TV on - delayed broadcast here, almost at half-time.

Damn, Bonnie wasn't wrong. This is one hell of a fourth quarter.

Liam, I see you lurking there. Say a guy's got a guitar and an amp, but nothing else. He's sick of how boring that is. He doesn't want to spend or buy too much, he just wants some sort of effect, some pedal, something, to make life a little more interesting. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom