Ozzy And Queen Elizabeth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gina Marie

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I have no earthly idea why Kermit was there:scratch:

photo02.jpg

1023218090.4160766042.jpg

Ozzy performing at the concert-they said the Queen wore earplugs during the entire show

capt.1023144305.britain_queen_jubilee_lon139.jpg

Ozzy Osbourne on best behavior at the palace
Mon Jun 3, 4:44 PM ET

LONDON - Rock wild man Ozzy Osbourne said he'd promised to behave himself at Queen Elizabeth II's Golden Jubilee pop concert at Buckingham Palace. And he kept his word, sort of.

"I'm on my best behavior. I don't want to spend the rest of my life in the Tower. I mustn't drop my trousers, no bad language or perhaps a trap door will open," the former Black Sabbath star told the national news agency Press Association before he performed Monday night.

The heavy metal idol, who found new fame with a hit American TV show "The Osbournes," was once notorious for having bitten the head off a bat during a 1982 concert.

But the much tamer concert at Buckingham Palace was the highlight of his career, he said Monday.

"Absolutely, this means more to me than anything. These last six months, I've had such good fortune land my way. I keep thinking that sooner or later the bubble will burst. My wife, Sharon, keeps saying 'you're one of those guys who's not happy unless you find a dark cloud'."

He said he thought it was a joke when he heard he had been invited to play at the palace.

"I'm more surprised than anybody else that I'm here. My wife told me and I thought you're pulling my leg. Heavy metal at the palace? I'm not sure whether the queen is a fan, but obviously she must be."

His performance Monday night was certainly one of the most boisterous of the evening.

As comedian Lenny Henry began to introduce Osbourne, he suddenly appeared on stage screaming "Rock 'n' roll, rock 'n' roll" to the crowd.

Soon, he was performing the Black Sabbath anthem, "Paranoid," to booming guitars. Racing back and forth across the stage, he chewed gum while singing.

:eeklaugh:

Gina Marie said:
I have no earthly idea why Kermit was there:scratch:

The Queen requested him so that he could perform "It's Not Easy Being Queen".

*gets hit with a tomato*

Ozzy did a really good performance. I watched it on TV. I don't think the Queen was even there when he performed, I think she arrived later.
The whole royal family looked so relieved when he finished singing and got off the stage without swearing or eating any animal heads. :D

Back
Top Bottom