Ozzfest / System of a Down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ouizy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
So, for the past couple of months all I have been listening to is System of a Down.

No U2 - no anyone else.

I had known a couple of songs (Chop Suey and part of Toxicity) but had never heard an entire album.

I then started with Hypnotize and basically worked my way backwords through their records, now I own them all.

I am addicted, there are songs on the first album that are just as good as on their latest album.

In any event I think anyone who likes music with an edge, and very often a message, check out this band.

Now for my question:

I see that System are headlining Ozzfest this year (a move that kind of surprised me as I thought their next tour would be headlining arenas) and I am not sure I should shell out the cash to go.

I do not even know 80% of the bands playing, and most of them from what I understand are really heavy and dark. Since it is an all day thing, I was wondering how many songs System will actually play, and would it be worth it to buy a ticket to this show.

Any opinions would help.

Depends where they are on the bill. The later they play in the day, the longer set they will get. I had a friend who worked with Jason Newstad (Metallica, Ozzy, Voivod...) and there was one year where Voivod & Ozzy were both playing the fest. He pulled double duty. He said it was beyond grueling. I think he teched for both. Oh, sorry I digressed from your question. Um... who else is on the bill this year? I can't say I've heard much of S.O.A.D., and don't think they appealed to me the couple of times I did hear them. I do like some heavy stuff, just not them...

Back
Top Bottom